Psychonauts Dev Would "Love to Revisit the Franchise"

Pages PREV 1 2

To be fair, it came out a generation ago so whatever platform loyalties it had are probably severed by now (and one would wonder how it would look and play out with the current hardware).

coolkirb:

Mr.Mattress:
CALLING IT NOW: Psychonauts 2 a WiiU Exclusive!

Calling it, calling it, calling it!

Yes then Nintendo would be an evil bad company for funding all the games people want but making them exclusive, god forbid Nintendo tries to make their consol have amazing exclusives.

Yes, god forbid! I hate exclusives, especially when there's no good reason for exclusivity in technology terms. Hate how they just try and make people use those consoles.

Doug:

coolkirb:

Mr.Mattress:
CALLING IT NOW: Psychonauts 2 a WiiU Exclusive!

Calling it, calling it, calling it!

Yes then Nintendo would be an evil bad company for funding all the games people want but making them exclusive, god forbid Nintendo tries to make their consol have amazing exclusives.

Yes, god forbid! I hate exclusives, especially when there's no good reason for exclusivity in technology terms. Hate how they just try and make people use those consoles.

But that's the whole point of consoles. If every console had every game everyone made ever, then what's the point of any competition? You'd just buy one: Buying others would be pointless "Because they have the same stuff that I already have". Without games like Halo, Mario and God of War being exclusives, there would be no point to buying anything but one console. Thus, whoever had the one console would have a monopoly. And we know how well that went the first time...

Mr.Mattress:

Doug:

coolkirb:

But that's the whole point of consoles. If every console had every game everyone made ever, then what's the point of any competition? You'd just buy one: Buying others would be pointless "Because they have the same stuff that I already have". Without games like Halo, Mario and God of War being exclusives, there would be no point to buying anything but one console. Thus, whoever had the one console would have a monopoly. And we know how well that went the first time...

I'll grant that possibility - I would argue other factors would allow different consoles to sell themselves, but anyway.

So the problem of market competition means I have to own all 3 main consoles (which I will point out isn't a great deal of competition) if I want to be able to play all the games I want in the ways I want.

Thankfully, it looks as if the PC is becoming the 'console' of interesting games these days, so I can simply make my xbox a DVD player.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here