Humble Indie Bundle 6 Gets Less Humility, More Games

Humble Indie Bundle 6 Gets Less Humility, More Games

Bit.Trip Runner, Gratuitous Space Battles, Jamestown, and Wizorb join the Humble Indie Bundle 6 lineup.

The Humble Indie Bundle 6 lineup already stands as one of the best in the promotion's short history, particularly if you have a taste for quirky platformers. Now it's gotten even more alluring thanks to the addition of four new games.

Pay more than the average (which stands at $5.95 at the time of writing) and you'll get Bit Trip Runner, Gratuitous Space Battles, Jamestown, Wizorb, and Dustforce as well as the basic bundle of Rochard, Shatter, S.P.A.Z, Torchlight and Vessel.

They're all great titles, and everyone will have their own favorite. For me, it's Hitbox Team's horrifically difficult yet somehow serene platformer, Dustforce that stands out. Wizorb too, it's a very clever riff on the traditional Breakout formula.

The majority of the bundle is available on Windows, Mac and Linux, and most of the games come with their respective soundtracks. All the games are available DRM free, or you can download them on Steam. If you've already paid more than the average for the bundle, you can download the new games by logging into your Indie Bundle account.

The Humble Indie Bundle 6 ends at midnight next Tuesday, which should give you about six minutes to prepare for the next one.

Source: HumbleBundle

torchlight is my favourite one so far

wait why is this a "new" story, and not just an update to http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119656-Sixth-Humble-Indie-Bundle-Packs-Torchlight instead.

besides having a different author, but can't journalists share.

More shit games.

I feel bad for everyone that doesn't give $1.

Come on doods, it's all about kids in hospitals that can't walk, being able to play video games, instead of attending physical therapy.

Let's give the children an opt out plan, instead of making them do the work to make them better, lets preoccupy their time with meaningless digital mind numbing shit!

Don't be a dick... Pay for cripples to not advance! It's the PAX way! What else do you think feeds the penny arcade shit hole?!?!?!?

wow, you were right about the entitlement

anyway, it's not as if they don't both do therapy and play video games in the same day

"OMG YOU CAN DO MORE THAN ONE THING A DAY!?!?"

Sober Thal:
Come on doods, it's all about kids in hospitals that can't walk, being able to play video games, instead of attending physical therapy.

This is good. I thought I was developing a reputation as most benighted and hateful poster, but now I don't have to worry anymore.

Seriously, dude, a kid with no legs run you over in a wheelchair or something?

Formica Archonis:

Sober Thal:

This is good. I thought I was developing a reputation as most benighted and hateful poster, but now I don't have to worry anymore.

Nah, you're golden.

I'm just tired of giving money to shit heads that pretend they are giving me games worth playing.

$1 a month for kids in hospitals is cool by me. I just laugh when they pretend they are giving me games worth playing.

@still waiting

While I love it when they extend their bundles, I as an avid HIB-buyer end up often getting keys for the same games again and again. Same here unless I misremember: 3 of those 4 added games were already in previous bundles. But I guess it's mainly about drawing in new customers who didn't buy any of the earlier ones. *shrugs*

Sober Thal:

Formica Archonis:

Sober Thal:

Nah, you're golden.

I'm just tired of giving money to shit heads that pretend they are giving me games worth playing.

$1 a month for kids in hospitals is cool by me. I just laugh when they pretend they are giving me games worth playing.

@still waiting

then just give all the money to the charities, and you not only get the satisfaction of giving the charity, but you also get some games out of it. or don't buy the bundle at all, and give money to saint Jude's, or realistically any public hospital in the country will gladly take donations (especially children's hospitals), and then there are medical universities that do research, etc... the big thing is if your going to complain about what they are trying to do then at least give alternatives.

slightly Off topic: I have had some nieces, and nephews that have been in, and out of hospitals (some on extended stays), and I think giving them a chance to do something other then watch tv (for some reason its only ever the "news channels"), read, or sleep is a good thing. now only if hospitals would realize that the DS will not interfere with the IV machine it would be good.

gardian06:

Sober Thal:

Formica Archonis:

Nah, you're golden.

@still waiting

then just give all the money to the charities, and you not only get the satisfaction of giving the charity, but you also get some games out of it. or don't buy the bundle at all, and give money to saint Jude's, or realistically any public hospital in the country will gladly take donations (especially children's hospitals), and then there are medical universities that do research, etc... the big thing is if your going to complain about what they are trying to do then at least give alternatives.

slightly Off topic: I have had some nieces, and nephews that have been in, and out of hospitals (some on extended stays), and I think giving them a chance to do something other then watch tv (for some reason its only ever the "news channels"), read, or sleep is a good thing. now only if hospitals would realize that the DS will not interfere with the IV machine it would be good.

Yeah, I give most of it to the Child's Play thingy, I give a small fraction to the devs, and an equal bit to the people who run the whole thing.

I just wish I can get something worth playing.

But hey, if I did, then I'd feel guilty for not buying the thing full price.

I guess I like that they give me shit games I'll never play.

Who would have thought, eh?

Sober Thal:
More shit games.

I feel bad for everyone that doesn't give $1.

Let's give the children an opt out plan, instead of making them do the work to make them better, lets preoccupy their time with meaningless digital mind numbing shit!

Don't be a dick... Pay for cripples to not advance! It's the PAX way! What else do you think feeds the penny arcade shit hole?!?!?!?

Given what you just said? You don't come across as a very nice person. You sound, in all honesty, antagonistic, bitter and not very bright(playing games would keep them from getting physical therapy? They have doctors watching over them).

Just wanted to let you know.

Yay, now instead of one game that I don't own, now there's two games in the bundle that I don't own!

For real, I should probably stop buying individual indie games. Apparently they're all destined to show up on pay-your-own-price bundles anyway.

Sober Thal:

gardian06:

Sober Thal:

Nah, you're golden.

@still waiting

Yeah, I give most of it to the Child's Play thingy, I give a small fraction to the devs, and an equal bit to the people who run the whole thing.

But hey, if I did, then I'd feel guilty for not buying the thing full price.

I guess I like that they give me shit games I'll never play.

Who would have thought, eh?

http://childsplaycharity.org/ here you can donate directly,if you dont like the games,no one forces you to buy the bundle so stop complaining cause the indiehumble dont own you a thing and dont have to give you the games that you specifically like.

Just to add, if you've purchased the bundle before (even if you were a heartless, Steamless bastard who gave 0.01$), you get the new games for free. Only the new customers have to beat the average to get the additional games.

Sober Thal:

Torchlight
Dustforce
Jamestown
Bit Trip Runner
Rochard

There's five in this pack alone. Go wild.

Sober Thal:

Then don't.

It's the beauty of the thing. If you don't like the games, you don't have to pay for them.

I'm still not excited about this bundle. Apart from Torchlight and maybe SPAZ, these are the sort of indie games I don't really like. The kind that you used to play on Kongregate for free to kill a few minutes of downtime in a school IT lesson. Torchlight, Braid, Bastion, Psychonauts (still not convinced that's an indie game :D), Limbo are the sort of indie games they've offered that I'm interested in. Games with something special, whereas the others are like high quality IOs games and I don't know why I'd play those when I'm on a PC?

Skeleon:
While I love it when they extend their bundles, I as an avid HIB-buyer end up often getting keys for the same games again and again. Same here unless I misremember: 3 of those 4 added games were already in previous bundles. But I guess it's mainly about drawing in new customers who didn't buy any of the earlier ones. *shrugs*

I think you might be confusing Bit.trip.Runner with Bit.Trip.Beat. I definitely did

Rochard was simply EPIC.
Its Jon MotherFin St JON voicing it.
Rock is Hard but Rochard is harder

Those who made the dustforce. You are AWESOME.

I am just at the third game and i already hate myself for giving away just 8 dollars. Incidentally this is why we can't have nice things.

Man I love these! Always easy to pull the trigger without thinking, and if even 1 game is worth what I paid I'm happy about it. Kudos to the developers for giving their games to the cause.

BrotherRool:
I think you might be confusing Bit.trip.Runner with Bit.Trip.Beat. I definitely did

Hmm, probably true. I didn't get a chance to try it yet.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here