BioWare Unveils Mass Effect Trilogy

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Should have waited, should have waited, should have waited.

Is ME3 still going to be coming out on the WiiU then? Because now it seems even more pointless.

crazyrabbits:
I also saw a photo in another topic showing what appears to be an HD screenshot from the original game, sans the film grain that was present in the original release. I guess EA's trying to make this re-release more worthwhile for the CoD crowd, but that grain was a deliberate choice in the game as evidenced by the making-of materials for it. Not sure if I agree with removing a game's style just to fit in with the latter entries.

Fwiw, you were always able to remove the film grain in the original game. They are likely just showing screenshots w/ it turned off so it looks better for advertising purposes.

Scarim Coral:
Let me clear my throat, ahem-

Suck it brother!!!

I knew at some point they will release a triliogy box especially for the PC but my brother was like "Just buy the individual games already!".
I can assume the the pc version will be in good/ decent quality and not a direct port like Dark Souls: Prepared to Die edition!

well, Mass Effect 2 and 3 are indeed a pretty low port in comparison to the first one
but then again, they hired a third party company (Demiurge) to port the original one, and 2 and 3 were ported in-house

From a dirty PS3 console player is ME1 really gods gift to man in comparison to 2 and 3, or is this just a massive troll that everyone's in on?

I already own all of them, so... yeah.
But if the PC version doesn't require Origin, I might buy this just so I can run ME3 without needing to install Origin on my computer.

Insert generic statement of ending being bad.

Man, if I still didn't have all games I would totally get this. If a person doesn't have any of the ME games this is a great deal.

I wonder if on November 7th we get some kind of special event in the ME3 multiplayer.

Rogue 09:
Would somebody please explain to me how Mass Effect is a good story? Villains are various and never well developed, the main character is completely wooden no matter what path you choose, and (speaking of choosing paths) the whole game is basically an invisible hallway simulator. It's a space game where there is no space gameplay. You are captain of a point and click ship. It was no different than the Kings quest games. Move something around and click on anything that lights up.

Terrible series. I had high expectations for it and it delivered on none of them.

I've only played 2 so I might be jumping to conclusions but I agree here the Dialogue options where usually just different ways of doing the same thing and the inventory... or lack thereof sucked.

Anyway... does this included the DLC or not?

Johnson McGee:
Does this mean I can finally play ME3 without breaking my Origin / EA DLC boycott?

I hope to God that they don't make Mass Effect 3 Origin-required. I've held off getting Origin for this long. If EA and Bioware don't make it mandatory for an Origin install on PC, I can assure them that they will sell more copies.

Fingers crossed.

For a moment, I almost had a heart attack from the possibilities of a Mass Effect 4.

Thank you, BioWare. You may have half-assed the ME3 ending, but this is fricken amazing. Thank you.

1) Will it include the DLC?

2) Does it require Origin?

RJ 17:
Any information on what these "in game events" are? Are we talking everyone gets some free equipment packs for the multiplayer or is there going to be a special mission or something wedged into the campaign for a week or something?

No idea whatsoever. All the info BioWare released, I passed on. I would assume it's some kind of single-day multiplayer "special op," maybe with bonus drops or something. You know how BioWare is with trickling out information...

(Actually, you may not know. They dole it out infuriatingly slowly, little bits at a time.)

I've already got all three games, but I'm incredibly pleased to hear that ME1 (which is in my opinion the best) is at last coming to PS3 gamers.

ugh.. I'm torn between asking people not to support it and getting one of the best experiences in gaming.

Yes, I'm still butthurt. Honestly, mainly because they made me break my origin boycot, when I discovered the boxed version required it...
Stupid stunts like that make me want to pirate games again.

Mass Effect 1..on PS3.

It would be a good deal if Mass Effect 3 wasn't such a colossal mess of a game. One of the biggest letdowns since Matrix Revolutions went bibbidy.

I won't buy ME3 till it's released Origin free and considering I own the other two, this trilogy is no use for me.

Why does generic Shepard look like the dirty cop who gets his face blow off by Bruce Willis in the first 20 minutes of the movie? Your a big god dam hero, Shepard, look like one! Anywho, still don't own 3 yet. Still waiting for something to come of Origin.

Well I already own all three + all DLC. I even bought 2 copies of 2 & 3. This does nothing for me. I'll tell my friends who haven't played the series to buy it or something due to it being a fantastic series :D

MrHide-Patten:
From a dirty PS3 console player is ME1 really gods gift to man in comparison to 2 and 3, or is this just a massive troll that everyone's in on?

There is a big touch of rose tinted glasses.

I replayed the whole series recently and graphically there is a serious step up between 1 and 2. Also pacing wise Mass Effect 1 is a lot slower, especially combat wise. However, as soon as you get into it the story is as compulsive as the rest of the series, and there is more of a sense of an RPG to it because the equipment is much more workable and interchangable. A lot of the side missions use the same indoors map, but because its space its not immersion breaking, The citdadel is a lot more open and explorable but a pest to navigate at times.

Its still a very enjoyable game, but its showing its age a bit. That said, i plan on playing the whole series through again with a fresh char.

Don't play it expecting the instant action of ME2 or ME3 though, ME is a lot more roleplayery

Rogue 09:
Would somebody please explain to me how Mass Effect is a good story? .

whats the point?

youve already made up your mind...

I'm sure the joke here is, you get all 3 games, you just need to pony up for the DLC.

Vault101:

Rogue 09:
Would somebody please explain to me how Mass Effect is a good story? .

whats the point?

youve already made up your mind...

Agreed. Any attempt to answer a provocation like that would be pointless.

stevensane1:

its why "can somone tell me?" threads are silly

the person already had their veiw and unless it isnt something totally subjective if they have to explained then they probably arent going to ever like x or whatever

Surely you could just get them all individually for cheaper than that?

MrHide-Patten:

It's decent enough. But the series was much better of when it fully embraced its Guns 'n' Conversation model. Good luck with the combat though if you've only played the second and third.

ZippyDSMlee:

I almost long for the days of KOTOR at least the gameplay was deeper than dragon age. ><

Yeah, in Opposite Land maybe.

I have them all on 360 (including a good portion of the DLC), I recently switched camps to PS3, so this seems like very convenient timing to me. Love an excuse to replay them all again.

59.99 is a GREAT deal...

If you don't already own the series...

Well, to me this only screams "ME1 IS COMING TO PS3!!", which is great news I've been waiting for since my gaming rig crapped out and I switched to PS3 as my main platform. I was being slowly driven to desperation in my want to play the entire series in one go, recently running my ME1 copy on my laptop (it... doesn't run well).

My wife will forever curse the date of Nov. 7, is all I'm saying.

Tumedus:

crazyrabbits:
I also saw a photo in another topic showing what appears to be an HD screenshot from the original game, sans the film grain that was present in the original release. I guess EA's trying to make this re-release more worthwhile for the CoD crowd, but that grain was a deliberate choice in the game as evidenced by the making-of materials for it. Not sure if I agree with removing a game's style just to fit in with the latter entries.

Fwiw, you were always able to remove the film grain in the original game. They are likely just showing screenshots w/ it turned off so it looks better for advertising purposes.

You're right, I forgot about that option.

I'll definitely buy it if it includes all the DLC

"Bioware reveals new thing you can buy a second time with no extra's whatsoever."

Mcoffey:
It's strange that they'd release this bundle in the same year as the third. Wouldn't that kinda cannibalize the sales of 3?

ME3 managed to do that well enough on its own, I think.

If this includes all the DLC, I approve. Or at least all the ME1 and ME2 DLC.

[lol]The ME3 DLC's already on the disk[/lol]

Time to quickly sell my copy of ME2 since I haven't played it yet.

If you do not own any of the games it is a pretty good deal. Still, ME1 and ME3 will be so contradicting to one another due to the retcons that it might confuse people a tad.

The deal works if you want to have ME3 along with ME1 and 2, but 1 and 2 themselves can probably be found for a lot less these days. Unless it holds the DLC for the previous games (...you never know, EA might have a change of heart... ...right), this does not really seem like any more than milking the last bit out of the the currently established franchise. So... huzzah for the ones that were under a rock when this triology was being released I suppose?

For everyone interested in the franchise... well, nothing remotely noteworthy was announced?

This is way too early...

If they changed things to make it one biiiig game, new graphics, ME 1 and 2 with 3 mechanics and inventory style, natural progress from game to game, and possibly more dialog interaction on 3... it would interest me, a repack? no thanks, i already have those...

Vault101:

stevensane1:

its why "can somone tell me?" threads are silly

the person already had their veiw and unless it isnt something totally subjective if they have to explained then they probably arent going to ever like x or whatever

Not silly. The point is to bring up what I believe is an issue / misconception with the series. I was very interested in the series prior to playing the first one, and was more disappointed with the gameplay than the story. The story wasn't good, but it was far better than the second one where they just abandoned everything from the first, made a new enemy, and had them create a new version of the monster that was destroyed in the first (which you are somehow able to defeat).

If people have legitimate points which I have not considered, I wish to be informed of their unique perspective to see if it adjusts my view as any rational person should. To their credit, a few people have brought up the characters of the game, who I agree could be interesting. That was far more the element that drove me through to the end than the gameplay.

To simply give up and respond that you are not responding, is a defeatist attitude and does nothing more than to appear to support the ideas you are objecting to. Opinions are held, not made. Provide a logical and reasonable argument based on facts to support your case and nobody would possibly deny you the victory (except for trolls... to which I am not a party of)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here