Something Special This Way Comes for FemShep

Something Special This Way Comes for FemShep

BioWare is playing coy about FemShep's fate in the new Mass Effect collection.

When Mass Effect 3 didn't feature FemShep on the box art, fans were upset and vocal enough about it to force a change of heart and FemShep got a spot on the cover after all. Yet when the latest collection was announced the protagonist box art was conspicuously heterogametic, raising the whole FemShep issue once again. When questioned, the developers responded via Twitter claiming that there were plans in store but then played coy about what they might be.

"A little something special" is in store for FemShep, claimed the Twitter feed, but it refused to go into any detail. "Stay tuned" was all the developer was prepared to say at this stage.

One thing we do know: it has nothing to do with the box art. This is completely separate, according to the Mass Effect feed. "Let's not let imaginations run too wild," the feed said, adding "it will be awesome, but it won't be earth shattering." Cool, but not heart-attack inducing; which is a reasonable target for a game developer to hit. After all, they can't sell you DLC if you're dead in your chair.

Source: Twitter feed

No Femshep? This is the WORST thing Bioware has EVER done to Mass Effect!

I kinda have this image of either a fanservice mini statue, or something equally perverted ...

They probably went back and recreated Default Fem Shep in the first two games. Too bad she looks like a cartoon character in-game DX

A special edition of erotic men's magazine Fornax, featuring the crew of the Normandy.

Includes sexy, yet tasteful nudes of Liara, Tali, Ashley, EDI, Eve, Garrus, Mordin and many more. Femshep would of course be the centerfold.

Captcha: men in suits
Nope, all buck-naked.

why do i keep thinking about a garrus headed vibrator?

------------
to solidify the nightmares it says something about calibrations once in a while.

evil edit:

wait until it tells you about his favorite spot.... *maniacal laugh*

rhizhim:

You owe me precisely one whole bar of brain-soap to get rid of the mental image you just gave me. -_-

EDIT: make that two bars.

NinjaDeathSlap:

rhizhim:

You owe me precisely one whole bar of brain-soap to get rid of the mental image you just gave me. -_-

okay. but it is shaped like a turian. and it vibrates, too.
tickle, tickle, tickle.....

FEichinger:
I kinda have this image of either a fanservice mini statue, or something equally perverted ...

Well...

Ya know, because that Liara Bishoujo statue went over so well. (not that I mind the FemShep one terribly)

rhizhim:

------------
to solidify the nightmares it says something about calibrations once in a while.

Hmmm...

AH GOD DAMMIT !!!

*rolls around on floor in pain from mental image...*

Because as we all know, this is the biggest problem of the entire Mass Effect trilogy.

Ah well, if they can't fix any of the real issues, they might as well fix the stupid ones.

It'd be funny if they retconned Femshep as Maleshep's sister (and vice versa for Femshep players) and gave her her own cameo in the games.

soren7550:

FEichinger:

Well...

Ya know, because that Liara Bishoujo statue went over so well. (not that I mind the FemShep one terribly)

Yeah, actually that one is pretty good. Not gonna lie.

rhizhim:

------------

That is the best worst idea I've ever heard.

You, sir, have yourself an investor. I'll take no less than 12.5% of the profits, after taxes of course.

Maybe they finally fixed the face import for ME3? No, that would require them to acknowledge that it was a problem...

My money is simply redoing the box-art to be like ME 3: flippable with FemShep in MaleShep's place. Or maybe a graphics update so that you can get her to look as good as she does in ME 3. Hey, I think those freckles are cute!

RJ 17:
My money is simply redoing the box-art to be like ME 3: flippable with FemShep in MaleShep's place. Or maybe a graphics update so that you can get her to look as good as she does in ME 3. Hey, I think those freckles are cute!

I actually liked the design when they originally released it, but she looks so out of place in-game. It's like she's done in a completely different art style as every other character.

rhizhim:

NinjaDeathSlap:

rhizhim:

Make it stop! MAKE IT STOP!!!

I need to go play some Minecraft now. Nothing like shovelling gravel in a completely asexual pixel world to make me forget about such things.

Fappy:

RJ 17:

I actually liked the design when they originally released it, but she looks so out of place in-game. It's like she's done in a completely different art style as every other character.

I've heard stuff like this a lot but I just don't see it. Seems to me she fits in just fine with the rest of the characters. Granted, in ME 2 and 3 you can have her meandering around in a dress which does indeed look out of place considering the context of the story, but still, put her in her armor and I think she looks like a badass sci-fi hero on par with - to borrow from the recent No Right Answer video - Sarah Connor and Ellen Ripely.

:P I think it's just sexist pigs like you that don't think that someone as badass as Shepard could possibly be a female! Why you hatin', bro?
(In case it wasn't obvious, this ^ statement was "said" jokingly)

RJ 17:

Fappy:

RJ 17:

I've heard stuff like this a lot but I just don't see it. Seems to me she fits in just fine with the rest of the characters. Granted, in ME 2 and 3 you can have her meandering around in a dress which does indeed look out of place considering the context of the story, but still, put her in her armor and I think she looks like a badass sci-fi hero on par with - to borrow from the recent No Right Answer video - Sarah Connor and Ellen Ripely.

:P I think it's just sexist pigs like you that don't think that someone as badass as Shepard could possibly be a female! Why you hatin', bro?
(In case it wasn't obvious, this ^ statement was "said" jokingly)

You're getting the wrong idea of what I meant. I too have seen that same argument, but it's not the point I am trying to make. In promo art and such she looked fine. That one fan art piece that won that contest before ME3 came out was bad ass. However, I just don't think the look translated well into the game.

I believe it could have worked, but they didn't pull it off properly. Her whole appearance to me, is completely inconsistent with how other humans in the game were designed. Even Sheploo, one of the most realistic looking human characters in the game, only really stands out because he has more dynamic facial expressions. To be fair though, I think they botched a lot of the character designs in ME3. Some characters just look... fucking weird. ME3 Miranada is a good example of this. WTF is wrong with her hair?

soren7550:

FEichinger:

Well...

Ah, crap! I didn't realize that Kotobukiya was doing a FemShep one. I've only seen Square Enix's Play Arts that's coming out in December. And I still need to get that Liara one. Man, so much stuff to buy. Sigh...

Well I'm interested. For a moment, I was afraid this article was about how you'd only be able to play as the male Shepard in the PS3 Mass Effect. Don't know why I thought that, but I was extremely worried.

Good to know they are learning something, at least. I suspect it would be something like putting default Femshep from ME3 into the first two games, as minor tweaks. Hoping it's that, anyway.

NinjaDeathSlap:
Make it stop! MAKE IT STOP!!!

I need to go play some Minecraft now. Nothing like shovelling gravel in a completely asexual pixel world to make me forget about such things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7unWmzUG7I&list=UU7UdKZ9ujF1sFlP93dfjMgA&index=3&feature=plpp_video

You wish. :P

NinjaDeathSlap:

rhizhim:

Make that 10. I need a few myself >_>

*Reads the title.*
*Makes cheap sexual innuendo*
*Leaves*

Just kidding. But good, I like it when developers do stuff like this. :)

antipunt:

NinjaDeathSlap:

rhizhim:

Don't drop it.

You're welcome.

rhizhim:

------------

evil edit:

wait until it tells you about his favorite spot.... *maniacal laugh*

... I like it!

I'll buy 10. I know just who would suffer the most from these babies!

rhizhim:

NinjaDeathSlap:

rhizhim:

"Oh yes...the 'clitoris'."

DVS BSTrD:
No Femshep? This is the WORST thing Bioware has EVER done to Mass Effect!

You kind sir, can read my mind.

Patrick Buck:

antipunt:

NinjaDeathSlap:

Don't drop it.

You're welcome.

You are Insanity Wolf I do not trust you

antipunt:

Patrick Buck:

antipunt:

Don't drop it.

You're welcome.

You are Insanity Wolf I do not trust you

Courage wolf my friend.
I will lead you to greatness.
And prison...

Fappy:
You're getting the wrong idea of what I meant. I too have seen that same argument, but it's not the point I am trying to make. In promo art and such she looked fine. That one fan art piece that won that contest before ME3 came out was bad ass. However, I just don't think the look translated well into the game.

I believe it could have worked, but they didn't pull it off properly. Her whole appearance to me, is completely inconsistent with how other humans in the game were designed. Even Sheploo, one of the most realistic looking human characters in the game, only really stands out because he has more dynamic facial expressions. To be fair though, I think they botched a lot of the character designs in ME3. Some characters just look... fucking weird. ME3 Miranada is a good example of this. WTF is wrong with her hair?

Whooooo the fuck is Sheploo? As soon as you tell me I'll probably smack my forehead for not knowing, but at the moment I really don't know who you're talking about.

But really, I didn't have a problem with any of the character's appearances in ME 3. I thought everyone looked great. I've heard people say they REALLY didn't like how Liara looked, I thought she looked way better than in ME 1 or 2. As for Miranda: they gave her a fat-face which I didn't really like, but as for her hair I thought it was better than in ME 2 where it looked like a solid chunk of plastic.

Gotta say I just can't see where you're coming from. I'm not saying that the character design was flawless, but then again it's a Bioware game. That said, I wouldn't say that I noticed any GLARING issues with anyone's appearance. To me things looked on par or better than in the previous installments.

Vanguard FemShep with a Purple Ponytail = frickin' awesome. :3

I cant believe the rerelease for all three games got this much attention. Story got fucked. In any case why play story dlc like omega an leviathan when you already kind of have the end?

She uses's F!Hawke's bones and movements? She doesn't sit like a man while wearing a dress? I think that kind of change would be small but surprising. I could finally watch her running around the Normandy without cringing that something is horribly off.

Actually all the movements need to be a bit smoother, male and female. Stopping after running around the Citadel always looked more like they smacked against the elevator doors then went 'nobody saw that' and then walked away awkwardly.

But that's what I'm hoping for - fingers crossed and all.

Not enough people actually, ya know, fucking play femshep. So maybe some folks could take that into consideration, instead of like, ya know stop thinking a minority choice deserves equal treatment with a vast majority choice.

S'wat I got told when I started breathing fire at how fucking braindead Mass Effect was becoming from ME2 onwards.

I was a minority then. The majority liked 90% dumbed down TPS gameplay. Ho hum.

Story is ruined anyway, so little miss generic feminist power fantasy doesnt really matter anymore.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here