Capcom to Promote Resident Evil 6 With Human Butchery

Pages PREV 1 2

I just hope they have liver with a side of fava beans and a nice chianti.

But anyway, this is an odd way of promoting. But, hey, at least out "mothers" don't hate it.

This isn't actually human meat, it's animal meat with makeup

Damnit! And here I was, hoping for an alternative to Mrs. Lovett's pies.

Grey Carter:
COMPLETE GLOBAL MARINATION

I've never laughed so hard sober.

OT: Still won't get me to play RE6.

doggie015:
Interesting promotion... RE6 will still suck HARD tho

I'm surprised more people haven't said this, If you are even considering buying RE6 play the demo first, it will save you $65.

So this "butchery" is an allegory for the actual game then?

Good show, Capcom!

Really? Smithfield? Is it on over this weekend? I'm a Londoner and would love to get a green herb/red herb thing!!!

This is in such bad taste that it's rolled back into good taste.
It's another level of awesome.

So that's how they're solving the "undesirables" problem. At least France sends them back...

So, they've selling HUMAN LIMBS to people, and the money will go to people who are MISSING HUMAN LIMBS? Something tells me that they went the extra step here and only later realized that cannibalism is only cool when it's fake.

But...but...but...but Wesker's dead! He done gone got kerploded in a god damn volcano!

lacktheknack:

Actually, it tap-danced over the line several times, flashing the audience all the while.

It's the kind of thing that you'd see in a particularly nasty Far Side comic.

Doesn't mean it's not six or seven different kinds of awesome, though.

Yes thank you I knew this gimmick was reminding me of something and now that you mention Larson I think that it fits nicely into 1 of those trouble brewing strips.

RJ 17:
But...but...but...but Wesker's dead! He done gone got kerploded in a god damn volcano!

Meh I won't believe wesker is dead until there is a body, and even that is dubious, even if technically the lava should have melted him near instantly, which it didn't, I think as per standard RE plot Wesker crawled out of the volcano when no one was looking.

OT: I dunno I find this kinda squicky and even if I could get to the venue I wouldn't really want to. Strange really since I got kind of peckish and had a hankering for bacon after watching Hannibal when he fries a bit of that guys brain.

Just got back from it, it's actually pretty cool, 3 for 6 sausages, I missed the chance to buy cool stuff like the hands and legs, but the guys working there are a laugh, and they've got a whole back room you can see and go in with loads of "corpses" lying about. Hilarious seeing old people go past and seeing the expressions on thier faces.

I also got a free bloody mary with what looks like human ears inside it!

"The lectures, spread across two days, explain the themes of Resident Evil 6 and how they relate to the real world."

HAHAHAHAHA

"The limb loss" community.

I've always wondered at what point community because a meaningless word.

Wouldn't they be the "amputee community" anyway?

wha?
how does this promote your game exactly? who in the hell will be like:
hey theres a "human meat" butchery here!
lets go play resident evil!

I'm actually interested in what the lectures will be like. It seems like an unusually high brow approach for videogame marketing.

Frostbyte666:

RJ 17:

Meh I won't believe wesker is dead until there is a body, and even that is dubious, even if technically the lava should have melted him near instantly, which it didn't, I think as per standard RE plot Wesker crawled out of the volcano when no one was looking.

If indeed Wesker makes an appearance in RE 6, that means that I win a personal bet and get to piss all over a friend's copy of RE 6 while shouting "I CALLED THAT SHIT!!!"

If he doesn't, then I actually have to buy the game and play it with said friend. :P

that's kinda cute that they doing it for a charitable organisation, thumbs up

I want me some COMPLETE GLOBAL MARINATION, please.

I don't think I'd want to check this out though, the thought of cannibalism makes me queasy.

The people who canceled Megaman Legends 3 and will not localise EX Troopers, ladies and gentlemen.

i was really excited about the game untill i played the demo. Killed it for me. I really wanted the Tall oaks Hoodie aswell (LTD Edition)

OT: Good take on marketing. Havent seen it done before..=]

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or