Glenn Beck Claims Murdered EVE Player Was CIA

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Glenn Beck Claims Murdered EVE Player Was CIA

Glenn Beck says Sean Smith's final message to EVE Online players was actually a coded rescue call to the Agency.

EVE Online player and U.S. Foreign Service Officer Sean "Vilerat" Smith, along with U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and security personnel Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, were killed on September 11 in an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Smith's death was of particular relevance to gamers due to his standing in the EVE Online community; his final message to the outside world actually went to his fellow EVE players.

But in Glenn Beck's world, that's not what happened at all. He believes Smith's final words were a coded call to the CIA for help, and that Smith himself was a CIA man, in Benghazi as part of a mission to cover up the Obama administration's involvement in the Libyan uprising.

The gist of Beck's story is that the U.S. government surreptitiously dropped weapons into Libya during the uprising against the Gaddafi regime, but with extremist forces moving in and Libya teetering on the edge of complete chaos, it needed to get those weapons out of the country before they fell into the wrong hands. That was why Stevens was in Benghazi: He brokered the original deal, Beck believes, and so he was sent in, with CIA handlers, to clean it up. And when things went wrong, Smith's final message was not a heads-up to his fellow gamers, but a coded call for assistance. The relevant bit:

"He noticed that they're watching all three [exits]. So what does he do? Nah, he doesn't call the White House, he doesn't call the State Department, he doesn't call the embassy in Tripoli. He goes to a gaming website. Which is the first thing I would do. I'm like, I gotta check with my pals on the gaming website. And he writes: "We're in Benghazi at a safehouse. If we get out of this one alive, I'll let you know. There are people watching all three exits." Gang... he's not telling his friendly gamers. He's a CIA agent. He is telling people - this is where we are, help us!"

Some people see Glenn Beck as a speaker of truth, while to others he's just all kinds of nuts. If you have the stomach for it, you can listen to the full bit at The Mittani's website and then form your own opinion. The Mittani, for the record, denied that Goonswarm is a CIA front.

via: Gameranx

Glenn Beck is a fuckin retard. Not much more to be added to that.

Tinfoil hats must be pretty uncomfortable.

" to cover up the Obama administration's involvement in the Libyan uprising."

Bit late for that. Obama made a freaking speech on national television of him committing fighter jets, bombers and other military support.

I sincerely doubt that CIA protocol contains EVE as the standard way of contacting the Agency.

I mean, why not just send an email? Occam's Razor, Beck.

Andy Chalk:
The Mittani, for the record, denied that Goonswarm is a CIA front.

From what I know of EVE, I'd not be surprised if the CIA was a front for Goonswarm.

Glenn Beck? The guy who went so crazy Fox got rid of his show?
Yeah, this is bull. It would give me a laugh, if he wasn't useing a tragedy for his own agenda.

Treblaine:

Bit late for that. Obama made a freaking speech on national television of him committing fighter jets, bombers and other military support.

This is probably the biggest reason to ignore this completely. Well, the biggest reason after the fact that it was Glenn Beck saying it. I'd say the man was certifiable if I didn't think he was pandering to people who are certifiable just to make money.

Yea... Glenn Beck is crazy... this is news?

As others said this is complete bullshit.

Ah another Glen Beck conspiracy. It must be a day that ends in "Y"

When someone from R&P posts this... it goes straight into R&P...

When a newsteam member posts it... it goes into news room...

WTF?

OT: For everyone's viewing enjoyment:
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/stupidquotes/a/glenn-beck-quotes.htm

The top 10 craziest things Beck has ever said. Including:

"I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it."

and who could forget

"This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture."

Just feels like laughing at Glenn Beck is like laughing at Bush. It's a joke that anyone can do and it's incredibly easy. Also old.

It's a joke that stupid people laugh at to make themselves feel smart, when in reality its a tired old and boring thing.

Glenn Beck being a disk jockey turned crazy conspiracy who rants and raves all over television? Well since I noticed he's crazy and made a point of it in a joke, I must be intelligent.

So once again I ask... why is this news? This is par for the course with the guy and he's better forgotten then anything else.

Beck probably also thinks James Bonds movies are actually documentaries. And that the Hall of Doom is very, very real

Glenn Beck is an idiot and nothing he says has any value. But the idea that someone working in an embassy has CIA links is... very unsurprising? I thought it was basically acknowledges that diplomats are a polite version of a spy.

But saying it must be this person in particular and this message, it's complete utter rubbish and shouldn't be mentioned unless you have something actually behind it. Again the idea that the CIA were in some way involved with the uprisings isn't particularly out there, afterall we know that one of the major activities during the last 50 years of the CIA was trying to create political unrest and destabilise the regimes of unpopular leaders. But the idea that the USA was the instigator and that it wouldn't have happened without the CIA is so frickin' arrogant and disrespectful to all those people who gave their lives during these events. It doens't need to be a conspiracy or coverup and claiming that the people you don't like are constantly engaged in conspiracies and coverups is the sign that you've gone the wrong side of the mental horizon

Mmm... So what if he was?

I'm sorry but I don't see the relevance.

Glenn Beck has never done the GOP any favors. What a madman.

Yes, Beck may have said that. But the real question is:

Did Beck rape and murder a little girl?

Oh for the love of god delete this story. I'm a conservative and I don't want to hear anything about him or his crap. He left TV to start up his internet crap and we should let him fade into obscurity.

PsychedelicDiamond:
Yes, Beck may have said that. But the real question is:

Did Beck rape and murder a little girl?

you're just asking questions! you're not accusing Glenn Beck of raping and murdering a little girl in a satanic ritual. All you're asking is, is it true?

In all fairness if members of the CIA actually played videogames EVE would probably be one of them. Hell we even have our own damn EVE wikileaks who's only job is to get secret EVEmails between corps and post them up for anyone to see.

With any luck this will get mostly ignored and hopefully Fox or any of the other major news sites won't bring it up out of morbid curiosity. Last thing we need is people thinking EVE is controlled by secret goverment forces...

Everyone knows thats Farmville.

Tenmar:
Oh for the love of god delete this story. I'm a conservative and I don't want to hear anything about him or his crap. He left TV to start up his internet crap and we should let him fade into obscurity.

Remember, THIS is what happens when you let paranoia get the best of you.

Now go back to Fox News and find out what you're REALLY supposed to be afraid of this week.
Captcha : Double time
Hop to it!

Like I said, Glenn Beck might as well be made of fucking tinfoil.

I would find it highly amusing if after all the comments in this forum it turned out the guy was right.

I am utterly ashamed to be in the same Church as him. This man is ALL KINDS of nuts. Its guys like this and Romney who give Mormons a bad name.

Well, we all know Beck is bat-shit insane. But let's just say he's right on this one (broken clocks and all) ... what's his point? So, an intelligence & espionage agency was involved in some sort of covert ops? [irony]Wow. That would be completely unheard of ... [/irony]

DVS BSTrD:

Tenmar:

Now go back to Fox News and find out what you're REALLY supposed to be afraid of this week.
Hop to it!

Yeah! Let's call someone stupid for having a different opinion then you! Everyone point and laugh at him!

Treblaine:

This is Glenn Beck country. Beckistan. In Beckistan, the normal rules of logic do not comply. Ergo, conspiracy!

th3dark3rsh33p:

DVS BSTrD:

Tenmar:

Hop to it!

Yeah! Let's call someone stupid for having a different opinion then you! Everyone point and laugh at him!

I'm fairly certain he was joking (it is DVS BSTrD, I don't think he has ever posted anything serious...) but overreacting works too.

Gah, borderline disrespecful to Sean tbh. Still, everyone is entitled to their views no matter how bizzare they may seem to others I guess.

...times like this, I wish natural selection would work a little better.

Why are people even writing articles on this nutjob anymore?

This is just what he wants...

chimpzy:
Beck probably also thinks James Bonds movies are actually documentaries. And that the Hall of Doom is very, very real

Shows what you know. He thinks they have hidden messages.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

th3dark3rsh33p:

DVS BSTrD:

Hop to it!

I'm fairly certain he was joking (it is DVS BSTrD, I don't think he has ever posted anything serious...) but overreacting works too.

Yeah... see that's often the reply I get when I see people say things like that. Usually its okay to make fun of people that have a different opinion, and then when they call you on it, say its a joke and miss the point entirely.

The point being is that these jokes are often easy, not well thought out and usually are aimed at the person not "ideology" in question. Like id totally understand if this weren't a prevalent response to someone answering with a conservative opinion or differing opinion here. Otherwise it just comes off as bullying. Just mob bullying because the guy knows that no ones gonna call him on it because the majority of the people agree with him on an ideological level.

Just goes back to the Bush jokes or the Glenn Beck jokes... there safe easy laughs that have become just a more mean spirited political or intellectual wank then trying to be clever or making an insightful joke and people KNOW they aren't gonna get called on it because the majority of the people they interact with agree with them.

I don't like Bush... or Glenn Beck. I don't have to constantly seek validation in my political beliefs concerning them by going to the interwebs and commenting on how much Glenn Beck is a fool.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here