Glenn Beck Claims Murdered EVE Player Was CIA

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

This is an interesting theory; there's no way to verify it, but it certainly isn't something that couldn't be outside the realms of reality. There is evidence to suggest foreign intelligence agencies assisted in exacerbating the Libyan uprising, and if that is the case it's a no-brainer that there would be CIA agents within conventional consular staff to ensure damage control: it's little more than common sense. I don't see how the idea that Mr. Smith's last message potentially being a covert call for aid being something silly.

But we won't know whether it was the case or not for a long time. It's most likely that Mr. Beck is trying to conjure up theories to appease his ego/garner attention at the moment, though.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

"I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it."

Come on, who honestly hasn't thought this exact thing at least once?

Which part of that message was coded...?

ahahahaha goonswarm being CIA. Yes, let's have a front in a gaming community that routinely does nothing but try to infiltrate each others forums, and teamspeak servers. Because that's a good plan.

th3dark3rsh33p:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

th3dark3rsh33p:

Yeah! Let's call someone stupid for having a different opinion then you! Everyone point and laugh at him!

I'm fairly certain he was joking (it is DVS BSTrD, I don't think he has ever posted anything serious...) but overreacting works too.

Yeah... see that's often the reply I get when I see people say things like that. Usually its okay to make fun of people that have a different opinion, and then when they call you on it, say its a joke and miss the point entirely.

The point being is that these jokes are often easy, not well thought out and usually are aimed at the person not "ideology" in question. Like id totally understand if this weren't a prevalent response to someone answering with a conservative opinion or differing opinion here. Otherwise it just comes off as bullying. Just mob bullying because the guy knows that no ones gonna call him on it because the majority of the people agree with him on an ideological level.

Just goes back to the Bush jokes or the Glenn Beck jokes... there safe easy laughs that have become just a more mean spirited political or intellectual wank then trying to be clever or making an insightful joke and people KNOW they aren't gonna get called on it because the majority of the people they interact with agree with them.

I don't like Bush... or Glenn Beck. I don't have to constantly seek validation in my political beliefs concerning them by going to the interwebs and commenting on how much Glenn Beck is a fool.

Glenn Beck's political views are simply and entirely wrong. One should poke fun at him because he is stupid. I am well secure in my political views because I am a scientist. I have proof of mine. People like Glenn Beck spread willful ignorance, and SHOULD be called out for it.

Jesus, his theory doesn't even make sense... But okay, whatever fits his fancy. No country, unfortunately, is safe from the likes of him: people who have no problem capitalizing on the ignorance (and I use the word as "lack of knowledge") of others, and suffering of people (I'm pretty sure "Vile Rat's" family and friends are not joyful to have his image thrown into a made up conspiracy theory)

I'll refer you to one of my favorite T shirts. It states my opinion rather well.
Beck was too crazy for FOX. Just soak that in for a second, too....crazy....for....FOX. I'm sure he has his own theories about a lot of things. Lets not give him any more attention than he deserves, that of the drunk bum on the corner screaming about the end of the world.

I used to like Glenn Beck. Back when I first became aware of him, he was on HLN. He showed me a different view point than what I normally saw on that channel, and I found it refreshing. And he did it without ranting, without name calling, without insane theories. He simply presented the Republican side of issues in a reasonable, sensible way.

Then he went to Fox. And he changed. I tried watching him once, but it was like watching a different person. I don't know if that was his true self and he just kept it hidden on HLN, or if Fox told him to dial it up several notches. Either way, I can't help buy sigh and shake my head whenever this man speaks now.

that is an interesting story i guess?
Ok pretending everything Glenn beck said is correct then i have one question to ask. why should i care this guy was in the CIA

th3dark3rsh33p:
Yea... Glenn Beck is crazy... this is news?

i agree with what he or she said

Mournblade94:
Glenn Beck's political views are simply and entirely wrong. One should poke fun at him because he is stupid. I am well secure in my political views because I am a scientist. I have proof of mine. People like Glenn Beck spread willful ignorance, and SHOULD be called out for it.

You missed the point. The original joke wasn't the guy making fun of Glenn Beck. He was making fun of the other poster for daring to have CONSERVATIVE BELIEFS! Gasp!

Mournblade94:

th3dark3rsh33p:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

I'm fairly certain he was joking (it is DVS BSTrD, I don't think he has ever posted anything serious...) but overreacting works too.

Yeah... see that's often the reply I get when I see people say things like that. Usually its okay to make fun of people that have a different opinion, and then when they call you on it, say its a joke and miss the point entirely.

The point being is that these jokes are often easy, not well thought out and usually are aimed at the person not "ideology" in question. Like id totally understand if this weren't a prevalent response to someone answering with a conservative opinion or differing opinion here. Otherwise it just comes off as bullying. Just mob bullying because the guy knows that no ones gonna call him on it because the majority of the people agree with him on an ideological level.

Just goes back to the Bush jokes or the Glenn Beck jokes... there safe easy laughs that have become just a more mean spirited political or intellectual wank then trying to be clever or making an insightful joke and people KNOW they aren't gonna get called on it because the majority of the people they interact with agree with them.

I don't like Bush... or Glenn Beck. I don't have to constantly seek validation in my political beliefs concerning them by going to the interwebs and commenting on how much Glenn Beck is a fool.

Thing is... He's been called out for it... And some of the stuff he believes... isn't necessarily wrong. Economically his stuff is actually pretty standard Austrian which believe or not still has validity in the world whether you believe it or not.

BUT back to the point. HE has been called on it... he has been shown to be wrong... At this point... it's just needless. I doubt there is anybody who has an ignorance of Glenn Beck. A person who is not already aware of the prevailing opinions on the man. Your not here to convince anyone... because no one has not already been convinced one way or the other... your just masturbating.

Sixcess:

Andy Chalk:
The Mittani, for the record, denied that Goonswarm is a CIA front.

From what I know of EVE, I'd not be surprised if the CIA was a front for Goonswarm.

This made me laugh.

I had a big long post about how Glenn Beck and his ilk are esentially the "respected news worlds" 4chan forums, but I re-read th3dark3rsh33p post, and his last comment really made me pause.

"I don't like Bush... or Glenn Beck. I don't have to constantly seek validation in my political beliefs concerning them by going to the interwebs and commenting on how much Glenn Beck is a fool." - th3dark3rsh33p

This is true, I try and not get involved in politics or stuff like that, party because I think they are all lying, partly because I dont overly care. So let Glenn Beck and others like him throw around their "theories" and let the real news come out from real news orginizations..

The Daily Show and the Colbert Report :p

So, according to Beck's logic, if I were to be playing an MMO, and asked for a quick break so I could 'take a dump', but during that same time a robber broke into my house and stabbed me to death, that that's a code for "I gotta dump some important data for the CIA"?

First off - Beck has no proof that he called (or more importantly didn't call) the White House or the Pentagon. None of the story says The White House was like "hurrr durrrr we didn't know".

Second off - You can do BOTH at the same time. Ever hear of a laptop? A cell phone? A landline? Any of those ringing a bell? I don't see why, in that situation, you wouldn't tell your friends that your life was in danger, especially if you're in a situation where you can't do anything else. Going to the White Houses website isn't going to stop an insurgency, calling Obama won't make them go "Oh shit, this guy means business." And its an embassy - outside of guards, I don't think their sitting on a rich cache of weapons.

Third off - Wouldnt the CIA use a more structured mode of communication than EVE online? Correct me if I'm wrong, but relying on something that can have its server breached or taken offline kinda makes it a bad idea to rely on. Most forms of communication have a back up, usually satelitte, incase communcations are severed. And that Eve message was either private or public. If it was Private, why did the CIA leak it? If its public, why is the CIA relying on that? Even if you're talking in code, sending it through something people can intercept and decypher is a very clear disadvantage - especially if your covering up something big.

And fourth - do you really think that people who play Eve wouldn't be able to decode the messages? These are fucking Eve players - its a game that is known for its tedium and its appeal to very smart people. Its essentially spreadsheets. If ANY gamer community were able to decode messages, it'd be them.

PsychedelicDiamond:
Yes, Beck may have said that. But the real question is:

Did Beck rape and murder a little girl?

You must work at FOX. Where they always ask the relevant questions.

Andy, please don't promote this crap.
The fewer views this guy gets, the sooner nobody's willing to pay him for his views so he has to do something else that might even be productive.

Kwil:
Andy, please don't promote this crap.
The fewer views this guy gets, the sooner nobody's willing to pay him for his views so he has to do something else that might even be productive.

Lol... you do know Andy is doing the same thing. He's using outrage over something incredibly stupid as a way to wrack up his own views.

The longer I read, the more insane it sounds. This guy is getting more and more insane as time goes on.

th3dark3rsh33p:

Lol... you do know Andy is doing the same thing. He's using outrage over something incredibly stupid as a way to wrack up his own views.

Yeah. Trick is though, I'm happy enough to see Andy get paid for his writing.. and there's enough other controversial crap out there on the internet he's probably safe enough letting this guy die.

Zachary Amaranth:

chimpzy:
Beck probably also thinks James Bonds movies are actually documentaries. And that the Hall of Doom is very, very real

Shows what you know. He thinks they have hidden messages.

Of course, that much is obvious. Only the most brainless degenerate would deny that it's all part of an elaborate secret scheme by the elusive mastermind known as 'the Milkman'. No one knows who he is or even what he looks like, but his presence is felt everywhere.

Imp Emissary:
Glenn Beck? The guy who went so crazy Fox got rid of his show?

Jeez, that guy must be a loony toon! Fox still has O'Reilly (I think) and he seems a few fries short of a happy meal!

On topic. So in his panicked state, he logs on to a game to send a coded message? Either that guy is cool as fuck or this guy has an impressive collection of tin foil hats.

Kwil:

th3dark3rsh33p:

Yeah. Trick is though, I'm happy enough to see Andy get paid for his writing.. and there's enough other controversial crap out there on the internet he's probably safe enough letting this guy die.

I don't feel a journalist who's soul goal is to wrack up controversy views with leading articles tailored to appeal to a specific audience is something that should be at all respected however or whoever he does it about.

It kinda defeats the purpose of journalism. At that point it's just entertainment.

actually, i think glenn beck is funny because what he says most of the time is crazy regardless of the context

LZeroK:
Mmm... So what if he was?

I'm sorry but I don't see the relevance.

Glenn Beck doesn't let inconsequential things like relevance get in the way of rabid, mouth-frothing paranoia.

But if I had to guess, he's taking issue with the CIA's supposed assistance with the uprisings in Libya.

I can almost guarantee you that he'd have no problem with that if John McCain were President right now.

Andy Chalk:

"He noticed that they're watching all three [exits]. So what does he do? Nah, he doesn't call the White House, he doesn't call the State Department, he doesn't call the embassy in Tripoli. He goes to a gaming website. Which is the first thing I would do. I'm like, I gotta check with my pals on the gaming website.

It's like even he realizes how stupid the theory is and is making fun of it. But it's his own theory! I... I just don't know what the hell is going on anymore.

chimpzy:

Zachary Amaranth:

chimpzy:
Beck probably also thinks James Bonds movies are actually documentaries. And that the Hall of Doom is very, very real

Shows what you know. He thinks they have hidden messages.

Of course, that much is obvious. Only the most brainless degenerate would deny that it's all part of an elaborate secret scheme by the elusive mastermind known as 'the Milkman'. No one knows who he is or even what he looks like, but his presence is felt everywhere.

The milkmans milk is delicious. Bevare of the girl scouts... they know. D:

On topic, I guess Glenn has found his niche... catering to people that are lost in the conspracy. I just whish they could use their ability to interpretate stories in new ways for something construtive, rather than fan fiction of reality itself.

Everybody knows the CIA uses World of Warcraft, not EVE, hell they even help Blizzard design the filter system for messages. 89765432367345

I heard that his guy is insane, I just didn't know how much.

By the way:

Currently working undercover in Dark Souls, getting my contracts through floor messages.
This is how I operate.

Now that's a silent kill. 47 ain't got shit on me.

omega 616:

Imp Emissary:
Glenn Beck? The guy who went so crazy Fox got rid of his show?

Jeez, that guy must be a loony toon! Fox still has O'Reilly (I think) and he seems a few fries short of a happy meal!

O'Reilly is still there, but he is no Beck. O'Reilly is an actor. He gets infront of the camera an tells his viewers what he has been told to tell them. (Though, that may have changed. I don't really watch him now, so I can't say for sure.)

Beck use to be just an actor too, but then he started to believe in his own crap as the truth. After that became clear, Fox got rid of him.

Treblaine:
" to cover up the Obama administration's involvement in the Libyan uprising."

Bit late for that. Obama made a freaking speech on national television of him committing fighter jets, bombers and other military support.

Exactly my thoughts. America, along with others, were very openly aiding the rebels, so there would be no need to cover anything up.

Assuming they were their to do a cover up on behalf of the CIA (which I don't believe for a second btw), it'd be more likely they were there to destroy records of the co-operation between the Bush administration and the Gadaffi regime before the rebels found out just how much of the torture and persecution that their people had suffered under for years had been aided by the US government.

God fucking dammit Escapist, stop encouraging him, if we all ignore him he'll gradually go away.

Ya know if you have never played an mmo or had friends that played an mmo at work constantly, then you might be able to make the drawing that playing an online game is a very unusual thing.

So unusual that it must mean something like this was some super secret secure way the cia was sending code.

But to gamers this just means that the guy loved eve online so much he said skrew his actual job, go go government employees, i would hope the assistant ambassador had something more important to do than use his tax payer salary to play eve online at work.....

Lest that is what is should mean to people :P.

That is my whole problem with the story is why is this guy on eve all the damn time at work :P.

But to all those other people that are totally ignorant of games and gamers this just sounds insane because they cannot imagine it period. It is not a thing a rational human being would do normally.

Andy Chalk:
The gist of Beck's story is that the U.S. government surreptitiously dropped weapons into Libya during the uprising against the Gaddafi regime, but with extremist forces moving in and Libya teetering on the edge of complete chaos, it needed to get those weapons out of the country before they fell into the wrong hands. That was why Stevens was in Benghazi: He brokered the original deal, Beck believes, and so he was sent in, with CIA handlers, to clean it up.

This was probably the only part of this bull shit that makes sense. The CIA did something similar in Afghanistan to buy back stinger missles given to the mujahideen before they fell into the wrong hands, which they did, because Iran was able to get there hands on a great many of them. It's also no secrect that those good-old-boys currently raising hell in the rest of the Mahgreb and Azawad got a lot of the weapons and cash to do so as spoils of war from Libya.

Beck: "Hrm...these people died horribly. The nation mourns their loss...which means they're not paying attention to me. How can I profit off their deaths?"

NinjaDeathSlap:

(which I don't believe for a second btw), it'd be more likely they were there to destroy records of the co-operation between the Bush administration and the Gadaffi regime before the rebels found out just how much of the torture and persecution that their people had suffered under for years had been aided by the US government.

It's so sad that beck would go to such contorted attempts to denigrate the Obama Administration but gloss over the implications of what the Bush administration did secretly without congressional oversight nor popular approval.

Beck? I thought he was dead or living in a pueblo in New Mexico, waiting out 2012.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here