Massive Mass Effect 3 Patch Coming Soon

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Massive Mass Effect 3 Patch Coming Soon

Mass Effect 3 is about to get its biggest patch ever.

Some big changes are coming to Mass Effect 3. They aren't much to talk about individually, things like increasing the shield damage multiplier of Disruptor Rounds or ensuring that Shepard's shadow displays properly after he exits an Atlas, but put them all together and you end up with a pretty impressive package. A huge number of technical issues will be fixed, numerous gameplay tweaks are being made and a few gameplay exploits have been plugged up as well. A half-dozen platform-specific problems have also been dealt with.

"We'll be patching me3 on Thursday," Producer Mike Gamble wrote on Twitter. "It will be our largest patch, and has been in dev. for months. It also sets us up for future... things :)"

Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners will be prompted to update their games as normal, while PC players will have to download the patch through Origin prior to firing it up. The patch is expected to be ready to go for Thursday, but BioWare Community Manager Chris Priestly seemed to want to hedge his bet a little, writing that the studio "will update when we have more information." A full list of what's fixed, changed and otherwise mucked about with is up at the BioWare Social Network.

There are some pretty significant changes made to some combat powers, for both single- and multiplayer.

...Which would feel more relevant to me if I still played the game.

Has EA heard about this?!

Developers spending time fixing games?

Do they even allow that at EA?

I'm surprised there isn't a price tag, it sounds like more effort has gone into this than most of the DLC EA shoves out the door.

While there is some changes, it doesn't really seem 'massive.'

Just a lot of fixes.

As long as it fixes the weapons in cut scenes problem, there is a perfectly powerful black widow on my back and poof magic avenger or magic predator when I forked out 12 million credits buying the paladin and upgrading it I want to see it in action dammit.

It actually seems about time for another multiplayer update tbh,

But have the fixed the bug which prevents Cannibals from executing?

Because I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with dying from having acid vomited over my prone form.

People still play ME3?

Are they going to fix the 'fix' introduced to the Mordin paragon death cutscene?

Most of these fixes seem geared specifically to multiplayer - the infamous cockpit glitch and bugged ladders remain at large. *shrug*

Too little too late.

This is only to pander those who haven't even played it yet.

Have they fixed the rubber-neck syndrome yet? The ones where characters seem to be forced to look away from each other while in conversation.

It's not in the list but I haven't been playing for a while so maybe they fixed that already.

Aggieknight:
People still play ME3?

Yeah, turns out some people still like it. I do, but haven't played it in ages, moved on to other games.

One friend on my friends list on XBL is constantly playing it if he's online.

Don't care anymore. Obviously this is newsworthy, but unless they fix the ending, I'm not buying any of the DLC or downloading any of the patches.

Mandatory "but does it fix the ending?".

I never noticed that much wrong with the original, but I guess I lucked out.

Who really gives a damn?
I know only ONE person who still plays ME3.

I honestly wonder if Bioware even cares.

ravenshrike:
Snip

OK Just gotta ask due to not playing it in a while, what did they change exactly?

mad825:
Too little too late.

This is only to pander those who haven't even played it yet.

Nah, I'm still waiting for the all DLC edition to hit 20 bucks...thank goodness for ME2 being sub par and for the demo indicating this one would be worse...I really liked ME and may have bought this on day one otherwise.

Andy Chalk:
"It will be our largest patch, and has been in dev. for months. It also sets us up for future... things :)"

Ummm, what? What "things" would these be?

If its not a patch for the quest system, I couldn't care less, as that's what eventually made me stop playing.

Captcha: create new things.

Indeed! How about some new IP Bioware?

Are there still invisible banshees and turrets?

ravenshrike:
Are they going to fix the 'fix' introduced to the Mordin paragon death cutscene?

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with that. On my 360 version, I got him doing the first thing. I thought it was a good way for him to go out. Then, when I played my PS3 version, I got him saying that horrible cliche line and went, "Well, that's different." I don't think it's a patch, because I just finished another run on my 360, fully-updated and everything with the game, and he still did the first thing. This, of course, utterly confuses me because both play-throughs of my Shepards are exactly the same on both consoles. The only thing different is that the PS3 version doesn't have a Mass Effect save loaded into ME2 which was then loaded into ME3. So...the only thing that's making him say something different has to do with some random line of code all the way back in Mass Effect?

Anyway, I was excited when I saw this. Then I saw that it's only technical stuff. And my interest collapsed. I liked the little hint that it's setting stuff up for the future, but...maybe they're setting up to cave and make an ending where you 'win' and get your happy ending? That would be something worth my time.

Proverbial Jon:

Andy Chalk:
"It will be our largest patch, and has been in dev. for months. It also sets us up for future... things :)"

Fixing the endings might be a bit too much to hope for.

This is good. Me and my friend have just recently started playing the multiplayer a lot.

Proverbial Jon:

At a guess, the Omega DLC they announced a few weeks back...

ravenshrike:

Are you sure you didn't just watch a different version of the cut-scene based on you relationship with Mordin that play through? I know one time for me He didn't hum because I'd never had the original conversations with him where he sings back in ME2, but all the times when I have he does the humming in his ME3 death scene.

Sniper Team 4:

ravenshrike:

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with that.

It's quite simple, actually: you have to trigger the Gilbert & Sullivan dialogue in ME2 for him to sing in ME3. Otherwise he uses the same lines given to his replacement. :)

Does it remove The Starchild?

Does it remove Origin?

Does it Remove EA?

Unfortunately some things cannot be fixed with a Patch Bioware. But at least you are still working on the game instead of ignoring it.

Patch with lots of fixes, eh? Can't really say I care much. As several have already asked: There's still people playing this?

I played through it ages ago back when it was new, finished it and never played it again. Maybe it was the ending that caused that. Felt so empty after seeing it, the mere thought of picking the game up again makes me feel sick. Extended cut DLC be damned, the damage has been done and you never get a chance to re-do a first impression, BW.

Maybe in a couple of years when all the DLC for it has been released I'll give it a go again, but not likely.

"- Players can no longer grab Geth Pyros over cover"

teh_Canape:

And this is why bert is glad he stopped playing ME3's MP

Blah blah blah, EA sucks, Blah Blah Blah this game is old and I don't care.

The Lunatic:
Has EA heard about this?!

Developers spending time fixing games?

Do they even allow that at EA?

I'm surprised there isn't a price tag, it sounds like more effort has gone into this than most of the DLC EA shoves out the door.

Apparently you don't play any EA games actually do you and just like to spout hyperbole because it's fun.

tmande2nd:
Who really gives a damn?
I know only ONE person who still plays ME3.

I honestly wonder if Bioware even cares.

Wait...that makes the exact opposite of sense.

"We're fixing a bunch of technical issues in the game!" "U DONT EVEN CARE!"

Oh, that's nice I guess. Wait a minute...

teh_Canape:

This. Exactly this.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook