BioWare Loses Another Key Player

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Ouch

Very much Ouch

Bioware might indeed become "that company" that once had big ideas and was able to put it on the table but now "has lost it"

The drunken uncle so to say. A shame... all those lovely IP's

But hey people leaving company A to go to B or to begin their own has made many new games. It is normal for a big game company to slide into EA hood. So EA how is the new... oh you are still busy with Part 5 of the insipid series I see.. lovely

As I said every company that doesn't explodes in a bang probably ends up like one of the old big dogs, gone their teeth. But they got stories of their past.

EA what is that you are saying.. oh yes I remember that time to 8 years ago that was.

masticina:
Ouch

Very much Ouch

Bioware might indeed become "that company" that once had big ideas and was able to put it on the table but now "has lost it"

The drunken uncle so to say. A shame... all those lovely IP's

But hey people leaving company A to go to B or to begin their own has made many new games. It is normal for a big game company to slide into EA hood. So EA how is the new... oh you are still busy with Part 5 of the insipid series I see.. lovely

As I said every company that doesn't explodes in a bang probably ends up like one of the old big dogs, gone their teeth. But they got stories of their past.

EA what is that you are saying.. oh yes I remember that time to 8 years ago that was.

You are aware that this guy didn't work for Bioware before EA got in the picture? He has more work exp on EA's side than he has on Bioware's (take a look at his history)...... just saying here. I mean 8 years ago he wasn't even working for Bioware. He was putting finishing touches on SSX on Tour.

I am trying to follow your narrative here, but I dont really see

Combine Rustler:

draythefingerless:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

No shit dude. Bioware actually has employees while TOR has no subscribers, so...

Nah, jokes aside. I wonder how much of this is just sensationalism. I mean, sure, some key players have left Bioware in the last few months, but if we turned our eye to Bethesda, would we have seen just as many people leave after finishing Skyrim?

I have no idea, but it would be interesting to know.

No you would not. Bethesda has maintained itself quite nicely. Obsidian as well.

There is no doubt that Bioware is no longer the same company. I liked their last games, but they lacked soul or identity...it was a nice, but sad experience playing them.

Strange. I thought Obsidian had to send quite a few of their people away just recently over financial problems. Meaning they're not maintaining themselves quite nicely.
In fact, I'm pretty sure they never have. They just can't seem to catch a break.

OT: Yeah, we've certainly seen this kind of thing with EA before. And we've seen where it lead, too. Time and again. Doesn't necessarily mean Bioware is gonna eat its gun anytime soon, but hey. One can never now.

What i meant was that Avellone and Co. are still there. even if they face tough times, they maintain their core together.

draythefingerless:

Combine Rustler:

draythefingerless:

No you would not. Bethesda has maintained itself quite nicely. Obsidian as well.

There is no doubt that Bioware is no longer the same company. I liked their last games, but they lacked soul or identity...it was a nice, but sad experience playing them.

Strange. I thought Obsidian had to send quite a few of their people away just recently over financial problems. Meaning they're not maintaining themselves quite nicely.
In fact, I'm pretty sure they never have. They just can't seem to catch a break.

OT: Yeah, we've certainly seen this kind of thing with EA before. And we've seen where it lead, too. Time and again. Doesn't necessarily mean Bioware is gonna eat its gun anytime soon, but hey. One can never now.

What i meant was that Avellone and Co. are still there. even if they face tough times, they maintain their core together.

Well yeah, but that doesn't mean they maintain themselves nicely, now does it? Just that they manage to get by enough to not up an die.

Article sounds like F2p monetization was not the vision the makers had for the game. Also sounds like erickson doesn't believe going f2p will turn things around in the saturated f2p market.

I wonder if EA will pull the trigger and let the game die, or if it will become another undead mmo like warhammer

It's sad to see Bioware fall apart but at the same time, it's nice to see them have some dignity and go against the evil bussiness nature that gaming has now become. Specifically, EA.

crazyrabbits:

At this point, the only notable guys still there from the early days are David Gaider and Chris Priestly. Everyone else is gone.

Well, in two years if P:E is wildly successful, maybe David and ECP can jump over to Obsidian.

DVS BSTrD:
Bioware is losing people faster than the Old Republic is losing subscribers.

8/10, would laugh again.

OT: The lead designer and creative director of the TORtanic has left? Nothing of value lost.

jollybarracuda:
So that's now 2 people who have joined Bethesda right after leaving BioWare? Interesting...but at the same time, i like it. Bethesda at least attempts to make quality RPGs. I think, with Skyrim, they spent too much time crafting an excellent world, rather than fleshing out a proper RPG experience, but it's still better than how EA/BioWare turned Mass Effect into a shooting gallery. Interested to see where this all goes, or if it will make a difference at all.

captcha: caesar salad
HAIL CAESAR!

I would love to take a peek at a Fallout MMO with Bioware's best involved.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here