Senate Candidate Attacked Over World of Warcraft

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RvLeshrac:

Kingpopadopalus:

RvLeshrac:
Snip

I stopped reading after you forgot that he had a democratic controlled congress for 2 years before they got voted out. Not 6 months. Funny how our election cycle for congress is every 2 years.

Thanks for not understanding how our government works.

You cannot pass legislation in the Senate without a 60 vote majority, unless the other party agrees not to filibuster your legislation. The Democrats only had a 59 votes until the Minnesota elections were finally decided. The Democrats only had 58 voting Senators because Ted Kennedy was ill.

When the Minnesota elections were decided, Kennedy was still confined to his home. Robert Byrd was hospitalised in May, and didn't return until July. Hence the reason numerous changes were made to the healthcare legislation: Obama needed the votes of at least two Republicans to pass the 60 vote mark.

If you'd like to be pedantic about it, Obama had a less than 80-day filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.

In other news, if you don't understand how your government works, do us all a favor and keep your ass at home on election day.

I still stopped reading really early because you are very mad and cannot form a reasonable argument without sounding as if someone just killed jean grey and you're cyclops in the early days. However, even when the majority was held by the democrats in congress, filibuster proof or not, they still had the majority. My statement is none less true. He had the majority for 2 years.

If you want to blame anything, blame the faultiness of the system for not allowing them to vote in absentee. Also, lets look at this, he had over a year and a half to put together a series of bills he would like to see passed and discussed with his party such as Nancy Pelosi who could then discuss within their external groups outside of party affiliation but more as a specialized group, forgot the name for it but I'm sure the all mighty internet tough guy democrat will happily correct me if I'm wrong which I probably always will be in his eyes, and decide which they would want passed as well, organize it for the days that they came back and then vote then? Is that right? The 80 days which is a long ass amount of time in work hours and no I don't mean congressional work hours I mean regular people work hours, the hours both you and I probably work, I still think that congress and the house should put in more of a 10 hour day for such an important job. Sorry for the Tangent. To sum it all up, they wasted a year and a half waiting just fiddling with their thumbs and then the day comes and they think "oh shit, we need to push this shit through!". They had 2 years to write up, get reviews on, edit, reword, refine, polish, present, vote, and possibly pass stuff in 80 days. That's a year and a half of time people could have read the bills.

I still see no excuse. When I'm hired to a job, I do the job, when congress is elected to do the job, I expect them to do the job.

afroebob:
I think it is more pathetic that a group will discredit the entire republican party because of what this douchebag says than the significantly less that will discredit her for playing WoW and I'm not even a republican.

You're aware that the Party must approve these ads and mailings, yes?

Kingpopadopalus:

RvLeshrac:

Kingpopadopalus:

I stopped reading after you forgot that he had a democratic controlled congress for 2 years before they got voted out. Not 6 months. Funny how our election cycle for congress is every 2 years.

Thanks for not understanding how our government works.

You cannot pass legislation in the Senate without a 60 vote majority, unless the other party agrees not to filibuster your legislation. The Democrats only had a 59 votes until the Minnesota elections were finally decided. The Democrats only had 58 voting Senators because Ted Kennedy was ill.

When the Minnesota elections were decided, Kennedy was still confined to his home. Robert Byrd was hospitalised in May, and didn't return until July. Hence the reason numerous changes were made to the healthcare legislation: Obama needed the votes of at least two Republicans to pass the 60 vote mark.

If you'd like to be pedantic about it, Obama had a less than 80-day filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.

In other news, if you don't understand how your government works, do us all a favor and keep your ass at home on election day.

I still stopped reading really early because you are very mad and cannot form a reasonable argument without sounding as if someone just killed jean grey and you're cyclops in the early days. However, even when the majority was held by the democrats in congress, filibuster proof or not, they still had the majority. My statement is none less true. He had the majority for 2 years.

If you want to blame anything, blame the faultiness of the system for not allowing them to vote in absentee. Also, lets look at this, he had over a year and a half to put together a series of bills he would like to see passed and discussed with his party such as Nancy Pelosi who could then discuss within their external groups outside of party affiliation but more as a specialized group, forgot the name for it but I'm sure the all mighty internet tough guy democrat will happily correct me if I'm wrong which I probably always will be in his eyes, and decide which they would want passed as well, organize it for the days that they came back and then vote then? Is that right? The 80 days which is a long ass amount of time in work hours and no I don't mean congressional work hours I mean regular people work hours, the hours both you and I probably work, I still think that congress and the house should put in more of a 10 hour day for such an important job. Sorry for the Tangent. To sum it all up, they wasted a year and a half waiting just fiddling with their thumbs and then the day comes and they think "oh shit, we need to push this shit through!". They had 2 years to write up, get reviews on, edit, reword, refine, polish, present, vote, and possibly pass stuff in 80 days. That's a year and a half of time people could have read the bills.

I still see no excuse. When I'm hired to a job, I do the job, when congress is elected to do the job, I expect them to do the job.

You still understand absolutely nothing about the way our government works. You stay over there in fantasy-land where Congress works regular hours and legislation is discussed over a year prior to an election.

I don't understand why the Republicans are mocking her; they spend even more time in their own personal fantasy world. The difference being Azeroth is more well thought and consistent.

I hope no one ever recorded me playing Prototype if I run for office. WoW is all cartoony violence against comically oversized animals with weapons of ludicrous proportions. Prototype is about being a psychopathic cannibal who tears people apart with his bear hands.

It's apparent to me that the site founders are the ones having the difficulty distinguishing videogames from reality, not Colleen Lachowicz.

afroebob:
I think it is more pathetic that a group will discredit the entire republican party because of what this douchebag says than the significantly less that will discredit her for playing WoW and I'm not even a republican.

The funny thing about the republican party is that they dont really need other people properly discrediting them, they do a marvelous job at it themselves.

But normally I'd agree with you. Picking one person in a massive political movement and going after the whole thing would be wrong.

However: The thing is that this is not an isolated incident. This is not exactly the first time this party has made a statement/used a tactic like this. It happens so frequently to this party, from so many sources, that they have longed passed the point where they have actually earned this reputation.
There are undoubtetly good people out there that are republicans. Its just the party that has more turned out into some sort of monster through its represenatives(most of them) and tactics.

Their ideology has more shifted to attacking just about everyone and anything that doesnt agree full on with the republican agenda. It didnt use to be this way, but things have definetly gotten worse and more radical(and that applies, to some degree, to both parties) in the past decade. And that is never ever a good sign.

Is this actually allowed?
I always thought that there was some law that prohibits political campaigns from directly mentioning an opposing party or any specific members of said party by name or show their faces in adverts without their consent.

...This is a legitimate political concern now?

Shouldn't we be more worried if someone was skimming money off the top or trying to hide bodies?

Frankly I'm more comforted by the fact that at least Lachowicz' fantasy is more or less harmless, whereas this group seems to enjoy throwing out that 22.7 number as though it were gospel truth as to how much time she spends in a game rather than whatever amount of time she might actually spend in WoW.

Calling this a childish and immature jab is an insult to immature children.

I don't play WoW, in fact I think it is ironic that players are now able to choose Pandas as a playable species, considering that most of them are overweight bears who have a dreadfully limited diet and never ever mate. See what I did there ? Well, nevertheless, I guess having someone who actually plays video games as a political representative is okay, but they're a Warcrack addict, and that is never good, because they are going to get so chucked from their guild when they have too much work and can't go raiding anymore. So, does anyone out there also grind faction with the Democrats ?

She's not the only government official that plays wow. His name escapes me, but I know there was a government official (not sure of his office either) who was a big wow player, and was around the wow forums all the time answering questions about government and encouraging wow players to vote.

I say they should just run counter ads that read like this:

"Vote for me, I promise to slay every troll, to end every uprising of the undead!"

Would likely snag the gamer vote in a heartbeat, which is a big vote these days I'd imagine.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here