Angry Birds Dev Teases Star Wars Crossover

Angry Birds Dev Teases Star Wars Crossover

A Star Wars-related Angry Birds announcement is coming next week.

This image was posted on the brand-new Angry Birds Tumblr earlier today with zero explanation, other than it was "a clue" about what would be featured on the blog. The easy conclusion to jump to is that there's some kind of Angry Birds/Star Wars crossover in the works, though whether that means a game, toy, or something else entirely remains a mystery.

It won't be too long before we find out more, though. "Times Square, New York, October 8th, 10am EST" was the place, date, and time given on the Tumblr, meaning that on Monday we'll have an idea of just what this bizarre crossover entails.

The Tumblr also urged fans to "head to Toys R Us at 8am EST" on Monday, though of course it didn't say why. In the meantime, we can just speculate about what kind of lightsaber shenanigans Angry Birds developer Rovio Entertainment is planning.

Source: Angry Birds Tumblr

I really hoped that this would just be about him mocking lego star wars.

I really hope this thread doesn't devoid into hate for either franchise about "how they need to die"

I feel like a Star Wars-themed game already passed them by with Angry Birds Space, but whatever.

It is an expansion for SWTOR

well star wars did not only jump the shark but flipped the bird to its fans

Vader pig go. maybe just Sidius pig. though wouldn't storm trooper pigs kill themselves.

rhizhim:
well star wars did not only jump the shark but flipped the bird to its fans

-beings slow clap which then becomes a standing ovation-
Well played sir.

Does Angry Birds even have a shark that it can jump? Because if so, I think it just happened.

Shouldn't the birds be sith cause they are angry? And the pigs hutts? Itd just make more sense since they are "angry"

Leonbelmont64:
Shouldn't the birds be sith cause they are angry? And the pigs hutts? Itd just make more sense since they are "angry"

I always thought the birds were genocidal maniacs. Makes sense they'd be sith. Race wars are a great lesson to teach kids.

My only question is this: Who gave either of these companies the right to turn my slash fic into a game?

Terminate421:
I really hope this thread doesn't devoid into hate for either franchise about "how they need to die"

hmm can i at least say the game a bit over hyped. im not saying its needs to die im just saying that this game is being hyped up a bit to much for a long time.

Jesus can star wars get any fucking lower at this point?

Darth Sea Bass:

I think your goggles are blinding you.

SW has almost always been about 'the brand'.

Sure, there was some good stuff in the 90s/00s, but only because LucasArts new WTF they were doing back then.

You're going to tell me that the cartoon specials of 80s (all that xmas crap) WASN'T 'low point'?

Darth Sea Bass:

I do believe this is rock bottom, the only thing that can make it worse is when a new movie is made with the cast of jersey shore and honey booboo combined. (guess who plays jabba)

I'm just going to go out there and say that the game's last level will involve shooting a single bird into a thermal exhaust port; leading right into a reactor core.

Terminate421:

You seem to have high hopes for this thread.

Dear God. Merchandising potential...it's....it's off the charts !!

Rovio have gained some serious pull if they have managed to get a SW licence for their games,

Terminate421:

Just to clarify, just because I want something mocked doesn't mean I want something dead.

Mullahgrrl:

Terminate421:

Just to clarify, just because I want something mocked doesn't mean I want something dead.

It's already mocking itself. Starwars became a whore. And looooong before this, too.

But the pigs aren't following Darth Bane's rule of two!

Darth Bane: Rule of Two:
There must be two, no more, no less. One to hold the power, the other to crave it.

Stop weakening the Sith Brotherhood, pigs!

Elmoth:

Mullahgrrl:

Terminate421:

It's already mocking itself. Starwars became a whore. And looooong before this, too.

Yeah, but to some people it is nigh religious.

I suppose there are such things as sacred whores.

Mullahgrrl:

Elmoth:

Mullahgrrl:

and they look like birds

Next thing you know, they're going to say the pigs shot first.

Angry Sith! Make it so!

Terminate421:

Devolve.

Mullahgrrl:

Most religions seem to be.

Zachary Amaranth:

Mullahgrrl:

Most religions seem to be.

But only the good religions have them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_prostitution

NinjaDeathSlap:
Does Angry Birds even have a shark that it can jump? Because if so, I think it just happened.

It's a phone game about kamikaze birds fighting green pigs in badly constructed houses. I don't think it's possible for that to "jump the shark".

I'm currently undecided as to which of these two comments I think wins the thread:

Mike Kayatta:
My only question is this: Who gave either of these companies the right to turn my slash fic into a game?

Daaaah Whoosh:
Next thing you know, they're going to say the pigs shot first.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here