Another Crab's Treasure Steam Deck Featured

Does Another Crab’s Treasure Run on Steam Deck?

The Deck's the best shell

If your regular PC controller isn’t working anymore, going back to certain games could be harder than it should be. Another Crab’s Treasure is a good example of that. So, would the Steam Deck be a good replacement, allowing you to escape the terrors of playing on a keyboard?

Recommended Videos

Does Another Crab’s Treasure Run Well on the Steam Deck?

If you love playing mildly infuriating games on the Deck, you’ll be glad to know that Another Crab’s Treasure runs almost flawlessly perfectly on it. Particularly, it’s my go-to method for playing whenever I feel like skewing my undersea enemies under my fork.

It might not have the Deck Verified label just yet, but I haven’t run into any issues so far in my hours of testing it in the hardware. I would say it’s just a matter of time until it gets it, as there seem to be no glaring issues whatsoever in it.

To be fully honest, I did experience a few frame drops occasionally when visiting a few selected areas. More specifically, the royal castle’s common area where various NPCs gathered. Strangely enough, the same wouldn’t happen whenever I approached groups of enemies, so the overall combat experience was free from any harm. Needless to say, bosses weren’t an issue either. Except when it comes to actually beating them.

Commands have never failed me and were always very responsive no matter the situation, although Steam Deck’s smaller screen (especially when compared to monitors) can make it a bit harder to properly judge when to dodge and to know where an attack is coming from. But that’s not a huge problem if you’ve been portable gaming for a while, so it’s just a minor complaint.

All in all, the Another Crab’s Treasure experience in the Steam Deck is just about what you would expect of a Verified game, so bite the bullet on this one if you feel like it. Otherwise, you can try it out through the Game Pass before getting your own copy.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article How to Learn Urchin Toss In Another Crab’s Treasure
Another Crab's Treasure Urchin Toss
Read Article How to Upgrade the Drone in Stellar Blade
Eve and her drone in Stellar Blade
Read Article How to Defeat the Royal Shellsplitter in Another Crab’s Treasure
Another Crab's Treasure Royal Shellsplitter Featured
Related Content
Read Article How to Learn Urchin Toss In Another Crab’s Treasure
Another Crab's Treasure Urchin Toss
Read Article How to Upgrade the Drone in Stellar Blade
Eve and her drone in Stellar Blade
Read Article How to Defeat the Royal Shellsplitter in Another Crab’s Treasure
Another Crab's Treasure Royal Shellsplitter Featured
Author
Patrick Souza
Patrick is a Staff Writer for The Escapist and has also contributed to Prima Games. Interested in writing about games ever since he left college, he intends to keep this passion burning as long as he can. Diligently ignores his ever-growing backlog to keep raiding in Final Fantasy XIV, exploring in Genshin Impact or replaying some of his favorite RPGs from time to time. Loves tackling hard challenges in games, but his cats are still the hardest bosses he could ask for.