Borderlands 2's Mechromancer Hits a Week Early

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Borderlands 2's Mechromancer Hits a Week Early

All platforms now have access to the Mechromancer Borderlands 2 class.

Randy Pitchford, Gearbox's CEO, pulled a rabbit out of his hat earlier today when he announced on Twitter that the Mechromancer Borderlands 2 class would be out one week early. It was due next week, but instead is out for all platforms now.

You may remember the Mechromancer as the Borderlands 2 class that sparked a certain amount of rage for what was described as 'girlfriend mode', a skill tree named Best Friends Forever that had a lot of buffs for the Mechromancer and Deathtrap, the Mechromancer's robot buddy.

There are two other skill trees to consider: Little Big Trouble, and Ordered Chaos. Little Big Trouble is a damage buffer with an emphasis on burn effects and electrical whup-ass. The final skill in that tree turns Deathtrap into a sparkly metal vampire capable of doing increased elemental damage when charged with that element. Ordered Chaos is a speed and damage buffer that at higher levels makes use of Anarchy, a stat that decreases accuracy but increases damage when you hit. The more Anarchy you have stacked the better damage you do, particularly at the highest skill in the tree, With Claws.

Source: Borderlands 2

I like the look of this class, but it'd mean starting again, and I am not even finished with the main game yet. It's great that it came with the Premiere Club, but having it delayed made this kind of situation inevitable.

I wonder if the character has any cool appearance options. Zero has some pretty sweet ones, but the others I haven't found anything particularly exciting yet.

For once in Romance, coming early proves to be a good thing!

I know someone in particular who will play the best friends forever spec... It is my mission to stop them from doing it...

Seriously. They're not even casual gamers. They just completely negate all challenges in games and say it was easy..

Well, this certainly comes as a pleasant surprise.

I'm still waiting to get my hands on a copy of Borderlands 2 in the first place, but all in good time...

Sweet another reason to play more Borderlands, I believe that's about reason #1082 on my list so far.

Now that is a change of release-date I like to hear.

Not that it affects me too much as I wait for the game itself to become cheap (and then I probably play almost only as Maya anyway...)

Good Guy Gearbox!

I just hope it's not a buggy release, but I've never had a problem with Gearbox QA before... but I would hate to start now, hah.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic References:
"Fancy Mathematics"
"Buck Up"
"Potent as a Pony"
"20% Cooler"
"Sharing is Caring"
"The Stare"
"Evil Enchantress"
"Discord"
and *maybe* "Make it Sparkle" (which is simultaneously a reference to Twilight's sparkling vampires, and Twilight Sparkle of MLP:FIM)

Sealab 2021 References:
"Strength of Five Gorillas"
"Wires Don't Talk"

I'm sure there's more I've missed.

Sharing is Caring is from Care Bears somewhere back a bit further I think - though MLP may have borrowed it

Damn, I really want to check her out but I'm too busy playing dishonored!

Fantastic, I really like the flavor of all 3 trees. Probably worth starting over.

Also nice to see a Transformers reference in there and a Daft Punk one.

"Made of Sterner stuff"

...do I see Sealab 2021 references?

Yes. Yes I do. And it makes me very happy.

The minute I'm done playing through the game the first time I'm so playing this.

The trees look like a lot of fun, so it appears I'm gonna be staring at choices for a while and trying to figure out what I'm going to do.

ooh! Let's see...

*starts new game and looks her skill trees up*

Oh WOOOOOOOOW. She looks fun. Like a combination between a Siren's elemental capacity and a commando's turret, but it can move.

.............Yeah, you know what? Screw Zero. I'm only at sanctuary with him. I'm making her my Solo character. She looks AWWEEEESOOOOME.

Not to mention her appearance is insanely cool.

Legion:
I like the look of this class, but it'd mean starting again, and I am not even finished with the main game yet. It's great that it came with the Premiere Club, but having it delayed made this kind of situation inevitable.

I wonder if the character has any cool appearance options. Zero has some pretty sweet ones, but the others I haven't found anything particularly exciting yet.

Yea, I have yet to finish the main story either. Thankfully I was only about two hours into the game. Started over with Mechromancer. So much fun.

A Smooth Criminal:
I know someone in particular who will play the best friends forever spec... It is my mission to stop them from doing it...

Seriously. They're not even casual gamers. They just completely negate all challenges in games and say it was easy..

Have you looked at the BFF tree? It's more of a "handicap you if you aren't very good, and give you some group support goodies" tree -- it doesn't seem like you could turn it into "be uber powerful if you are actually good" even if you tried.

The other two trees just make me drool at the idea of doing terrible things with electric shotguns and hundreds of stacks of Anarchy.

oh god...

4 of these bastards in one game, would be so ridiculous.

still, looks like major fun, will have to get it sometime.

Schadrach:

A Smooth Criminal:

Have you looked at the BFF tree? It's more of a "handicap you if you aren't very good, and give you some group support goodies" tree -- it doesn't seem like you could turn it into "be uber powerful if you are actually good" even if you tried.

The other two trees just make me drool at the idea of doing terrible things with electric shotguns and hundreds of stacks of Anarchy.

I've seen it.

And it's an easy mode skill tree no matter how you look at it

Is this a DLC or will she be patched in?

I just can't stop laughing at "mechromancer". I just see a gundam-like figure on a date, wearing a fancy suit, saying "I had a really good time tonight" at the door, hoping for a kiss. It's amusing me to no end.

OT, soon as I get around to having cash and playing this, I'll check the class out. Sounds kinda fun.

I dunno, this game didn't do it for me. I played as zero the whole time. Meaning I spent the whole time standing back as far as my draw distance would let me. It was the same thing every time, wait for a head to popup or shoot the arms off a robot.

Fun fact: I only just got Borderlands 2 TODAY, GAME was kind enough to throw in the premier membership access for free (guess they still had spares) and I noticed the Mechromancer was availiable, making her my first character~

I have the weirdest sense of timing if this only just came out...

What do you mean its coming out early?

Doesn't Gearbox know that you can only push video game content releases back, not forward!?
Goddamnit! Now the universe is going to implode or something ...

Zydrate:

#

It's patched in and free for all people who pre-ordered the game or were lucky enough to get the premium club benefits after launch. For all other people it costs about $10 or 7

thisbymaster:
I dunno, this game didn't do it for me. I played as zero the whole time. Meaning I spent the whole time standing back as far as my draw distance would let me. It was the same thing every time, wait for a head to popup or shoot the arms off a robot.

Then your playing him wrong :P

I play zero the same way i played mordecai in BL1, charge in and no scope crit shot everything with my sniper or revolver and if they get close stab them in the face. The Sniper rifle with no scope and a bayonet was a dream.

Heh i was just walking to the computer lab thinking "damnit, i dont want to have to wait 7 days for the mechromancer to try her out" not even 5 minutes ago. This is major props to gearbox and more of my love.

dammit all does it have to come out today?! I wanted to play Dishonored...but seeing how BL2 is my current fix, i'll have to play this first >.<

DAMN YOU RANDY PITCHFORD! Couldn't it have waited 1 week! Grrrrr...

#1stworldgamerproblems lol

thisbymaster:

Consider respec'ing for melee mayhem. I mean his special does kind of lean toward that any how. Infinite stealth chain looks nice, i wouldn't know since i play as a dual missile turret Axton.

Gaige might just be my favourite character, I've got her upto level 10. Death trap is hilariously powered, plus her quips have me giggling with every sentence. If you're soloing, you to check her out, I made it from start to sanctuary without going down once in two hours.

Well let's see I've been playing with my buddies as the gunzerker, I play solo as the commando and now my wife wants to play splitscreen... hmmm i bet the assassin would pair well with the mechromancer. Really cool that they decided to do this.

A Smooth Criminal:

The implication that Borderlands is otherwise difficult or hardcore without this skill is absolutely hilarious.

ToastiestZombie:

Zydrate:

#

It's patched in and free for all people who pre-ordered the game or were lucky enough to get the premium club benefits after launch. For all other people it costs about $10 or 7

I won't have it, then.
Oh well. I'm content with my Siren and soldier.

The skill tree looks pretty fun to use. I just hope the summonable robot is functionally different enough to the Axton's summonable turret, but I'll just have to wait and see.

On a side note, I bet Gaige is what Edward from Cowboy Bebop would be like all grown up.

Anarchy is so powerful. Combine it with the close enough skill and everything dies. It is ridiculous the damage you put out.

I love this class so very much.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or