Rockstar Selling Four Sweet Titles in Console Compilation

Rockstar Selling Four Sweet Titles in Console Compilation

Rockstar Games Collection Edition 1 should be out in November for Xbox 360 & PS3.

Let's say you're a Rockstar fan but, for whatever reason, you didn't pick up one or more of the following: Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition or Grand Theft Auto IV: Tales from Liberty City. You may be interested to know that the Rockstar Games Collection Edition 1 features all four of these titles, and is due out November 13th.

List price would appear to be about $60, depending on where you get it, and pre-orders are open in a couple outlets. Or were, anyway; Buy.com has this as 'sold out', which suggests someone at Rockstar may not have been overjoyed when news of their Collection slipped out early via several retail outlets. There's no mention of the Collection on Rockstar's site.

When this does finally hit retail, it will be for the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Best thing? Edition 1. Maybe I'm taking this too literally, but that suggests to me that Edition 2 is at least in the planning stages ...

Source: Kotaku

UPDATE: Rockstar has confirmed that the Collection is due November 6th.

Mmmk. That's all well and nice for people who haven't played these games, but all I want to say is BULLY 2 NOW PLEASE!

L.A. Noire is one of my favorite games I've ever played.

Episodes from Liberty City is on my wishlist.

I don't own a PS3 or 360, but I want to play Red Dead Redemption. It looks really good. Please, Rockstar, port it to PC!

I already own 3 out the 4 games.

Sorry. No thank you.

This is a very tempting offer...

Though I do wonder if it's GTA VI with TfLC or just TfLC.

Either way, I'll be looking into it.

I own most of them (All but Midnight Club)

*crosses fingers for GTA HD Collection* (3, Vice City and San Andreas)

THIS is how you make money off of old games and fight "the used game scourge", publishers. Release them in a cheap ($60 for 3 full games and a hefty piece of DLC!) and easily accessible format and watch the money roll in from people who didn't buy it first time around. People like me, who can't afford more than one or two new releases, and so cherry-pick the best games from a couple years ago to keep themselves occupied. I'm definitely picking it up, here's hoping it comes out in the next couple months.

For anyone who doesn't already have one of those titles, if not all, it's one heck of a deal.

You could probably find them all for new for less than that by now. Certainly so if you don't care (as you shouldn't) about the shit-fest that is LA Noire.

Yeah, this is a fantastic deal. There's definitely criticism to be had towards all the games, but Rockstar makes really solid titles and I've played every single one of those in the package, they're all fantastic and an essential experience if you're a gamer!

I lost some of my old copies for two of those (in a small flood at my house :( ), if these are coupled with all the DLCs included it's a done deal for me.

UNHchabo:
I don't own a PS3 or 360, but I want to play Red Dead Redemption. It looks really good. Please, Rockstar, port it to PC!

This times a million. I played it on PS3 a little and it was fun. Just don't port it like you did GTA4.

I'd like to see an HD remake of Vice City...gotta say pound-for-pound, Vice City was always my favorite GTA.

Nice trick to beat out how the console market is flooded with $20-25 pre-owned copies. This sells them for about $15 each easily undercutting them.

Though would people rather get jsut one of the games they want or pay as much as 3x as much to get most of the Rockstar games they could want.

Interesting.

Unnecessary on PC. These games regularly sell each for about $15 in Steam sales, though it may be nice to see a "mini" rockstar bundle.

AND Red Dead Redemption on PC... because come on man, that game is crying out for mouse aim. Come on Rockstar, we want to give you money and you are like:

this just made me sad about Red Dead Redemption all over again. That game needs 1:1 mouse control... such a wasted opportunity.

Ah well.

Woodsey:
Certainly so if you don't care (as you shouldn't) about the shit-fest that is LA Noire.

Them's fightin' words! 0_0

I really enjoyed LA Noire, but I realize it's not for everyone. Basically, I saw the game as a higher-budget Phoenix Wright, and it succeeds wildly at that. I know some people expected "GTA: 1947 Edition" though, and if you expect an open-world game or an action game, this is not it.

The market for this game is an odd one. Basically people who have missed the last decade of Rockstar games by living in a hole.
It's a nice idea but it falls short for me because A) I already have almost all of those games, much like many people and B) It leaves out a bunch, like Max Payne 3, Bully, etc. I'd rather have a more complete anthology than this odd bunch.

UNHchabo:

Woodsey:
Certainly so if you don't care (as you shouldn't) about the shit-fest that is LA Noire.

I really enjoyed LA Noire, but I realize it's not for everyone. Basically, I saw the game as a higher-budget Phoenix Wright, and it succeeds wildly at that. I know some people expected "GTA: 1947 Edition" though, and if you expect an open-world game or an action game, this is not it.

It's not because of that, I just think it's a miserable failure of a detective game.

Woodsey:

UNHchabo:

Woodsey:

It's not because of that, I just think it's a miserable failure of a detective game.

$20 for three games isn't a bad deal either.

I'll seriously consider this - I've sold RDR after finishing, but there are times when you want to skin wolves and then have bears attack you.
And act like an old cartoon villain to tie people onto train tracks.

Oh, and GTA4 spinoff looks nice, I guess.

No Red Dead on PC. Screw you Rockstar. Also, GTA4 sucked. Saints Row 3 out-sandboxed Rockstars flagship title.

Woodsey:

Can you explain further?

I know the game had flaws, but I really enjoyed the interrogations; I especially liked that after you play through the "tutorial" section of the game it started making you read difficult facial expressions and pay attention to the evidence, as opposed to earlier on (as Yahtzee pointed out), suspects would shift uncomfortably and roll their eyes whenever they lied.

And the evidence-gathering was a bit tedious, but I thought it broke up the action nicely, so we weren't constantly going back and forth between interrogations and shootouts.

If it has Undead Nightmare, I wouldn't mind buying RDR again.

UNHchabo:

Woodsey:

Can you explain further?

I know the game had flaws, but I really enjoyed the interrogations; I especially liked that after you play through the "tutorial" section of the game it started making you read difficult facial expressions and pay attention to the evidence, as opposed to earlier on (as Yahtzee pointed out), suspects would shift uncomfortably and roll their eyes whenever they lied.

And the evidence-gathering was a bit tedious, but I thought it broke up the action nicely, so we weren't constantly going back and forth between interrogations and shootouts.

The interrogations don't work. They're far, far too simplistic to even know what the hell you're actually saying - nevermind the fact that there are times when you can make connections that the game simply doesn't allow you to acknowledge. Not that it matters, because it's impossible to actually fail them. Fuck up an investigation as best you can and you'll still be promoted (after being called a massive twat by your superiors). The narrator is cringe-inducing, as are many of the performances.

Similarly, the writing is shit. Everyone's a complete and utter arse hole, often for no reason at all whatsoever. It also introduces stuff in a way that makes it difficult to maintain an idea of who individuals are in any given case, often times names are thrown about without you seeing the person for a while.

Even the much vaunted faces are shit - amorphous blobs of flesh which look incredibly unnatural. And since the interrogations are crapshoot and all of the "tells" ridiculously overplayed, they don't matter anyway.

mysecondlife:
If it has Undead Nightmare, I wouldn't mind buying RDR again.

My guess is they might save it for the 2nd Collection. maybe even Bully, some other GTA and Max Payne 3 will tag along too? (Assuming it will be released a lot further into the future since Max Payne 3 is still kinda new)

I would love it if Rockstar made a surprise announcement and said that they were going to sell this for the PC as well. I want Red Dead Redemption on the PC.

You know this would be an amazing deal except for the fact that I can already get all of those games for $10 each.

UNHchabo:

I would throw my money at em on Day 1. I would love to play RDR on my PC

DustyDrB:
Mmmk. That's all well and nice for people who haven't played these games, but all I want to say is BULLY 2 NOW PLEASE!

Yes, this please.

I think the overly serious and cynical attude reached its peak well enough with Max Payne 3, so a return to when your games and characters were fun and colourful would be nice, Rockstar.

If they'd do it for PC thy'd get tons of money, since RDR wasn't released for that platform.

not a bad deal at all (if you havent got them) i enjoyed BoGT more than the main GTA:IV. Shame this isnt out on PC as i would most likely purchase

Thunderous Cacophony:
THIS is how you make money off of old games and fight "the used game scourge", publishers. Release them in a cheap ($60 for 3 full games and a hefty piece of DLC!) and easily accessible format and watch the money roll in from people who didn't buy it first time around. People like me, who can't afford more than one or two new releases, and so cherry-pick the best games from a couple years ago to keep themselves occupied. I'm definitely picking it up, here's hoping it comes out in the next couple months.

Thing is that you can get all of them for dirt cheap these days. The RDR GOTY edition can be found for $25 or less in most outlets, and the others can be had for $15 or less.

Really, the sentiment by Rockstar is nice, but unless they're releasing it with all the DLC attached, there's little point. I would have had the full IV instead of TfLC, RDR/Undead Nightmare and L.A. Noire with the DLC. It's just like the Bioware ME trilogy pack - another cheap cash-in.

crazyrabbits:

Thunderous Cacophony:

Thing is that you can get all of them for dirt cheap these days. The RDR GOTY edition can be found for $25 or less in most outlets, and the others can be had for $15 or less.

Really, the sentiment by Rockstar is nice, but unless they're releasing it with all the DLC attached, there's little point. I would have had the full IV instead of TfLC, RDR/Undead Nightmare and L.A. Noire with the DLC. It's just like the Bioware ME trilogy pack - another cheap cash-in.

You can get them cheap, but this does offer you a pretty good amount of convenience; Rather than having to track down multiple games and dealing with Gamestop, you have it in a neat package with a bow on top. Mostly, though, I'm going to buy the package because these are fantastic games, and I would like to reward the developers and publishers rather than supporting Gamestop's sticky fingers.

You're right, the DLC would be great. I hope that the games might have a code or something so that you can buy the DLC at a discount through PSN/Xbox Live (perhaps a limited-time offer to encourage early sales). It's probably not going to happen, but the core games are solid and I'm always willing to spend a few extra dollars for a well-crafted piece of DLC.

Treblaine:

AND Red Dead Redemption on PC... because come on man, that game is crying out for mouse aim. Come on Rockstar, we want to give you money and you are like:

That, is THE best gif EVER!

OT: Good compilation, I'll pass on the driving game though. They bore me :3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or