Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC Priced at $15

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC Priced at $15

A single-player refresher course in Aria's "one rule" launching on November 27.

While Mass Effect 3 did what most people would argue is a good or satisfactory job of resolving its numerous sideplots and character dilemmas (let's all be friends, now), one character the game left conspicuously quiet was Aria T'Loak, an asari gangster who ran the Omega space station until Cerberus stole it from her. Now, according to Eurogamer, BioWare is set to release a giant hunk of DLC that tells the story of Shepard and Aria heading back to Omega to set things straight.

Due for launch on November 27 on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 (and around one day later for European PS3 owners), the Omega DLC will cost players 1200 Microsoft Points, $15, or about 10. According to BioWare developer Mike Gamble, the DLC is "double the size" of any other Mass Effect 3 single-player DLC released to date. (Since it couldn't be double the file size of the massive Extended Cut without making consoles cry and breaking the maximum download limit on the Xbox 360, it's pretty safe to assume that Gamble is talking about gameplay length.)

The DLC will follow on from the story of the Mass Effect: Invasion prequel comics, with General Petrovsky himself apparently making an appearance on the Omega station. "New enemies," specifically the Cerebus Dragoon from the Retaliation multiplayer pack, will also be in attendance.

Interestingly, according to Eurogamer's report, the DLC will also see the introduction of the series' first-ever visible female turian. Whether she'll just look like Garrus in drag or not remains to be seen, but regardless, her inclusion should make an interesting departure from the usual suspiciously-one-hundred-percent-male turian species. With that in mind (and because it's almost the weekend), I'd like open the thread, if I may, to hastily-drawn examples of what the Escapist hivemind imagines a lady turian to look like. They won't be terrifying or anything, right? Right?

Mass Effect 3: Omega will launch for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on November 27 2012.

Source: Eurogamer

I'll be kind of disappointed if female turians don't just look like males except with exaggeratedly long eyelashes and a bunch of eyeliner and lipstick.

>$15

tpphht ahahahahahah ahahahahahaahahahahaahah *inhale* aaaaahahahahahaha.

Oh wait, you were serious? let me laugh harder.

Seriously though, i'd care except, y'know. THAT ENDING.

I MAY consider it around christmas if it goes on sale.

TsunamiWombat:
>$15

I just don't care full stop. Bioware and EA don't deserve any more money. 1200 points is a joke, let ME die in peace.

For some reason I still suspect that the gameplay length will be short despite file size as you stated, but we'll see when it comes out.

And in the grand scheme of things, nothing will change, so what's the bloody point?

AHAHAHAHAAA!
OH Wait you are being serious!?
LET ME LAUGH EVEN HARDER!

BWAHAHAHAHAH EHHHAHAHAHAH!

Oh fuck off EA no one cares about Mass Reject 3 anymore.

When Steam is willing to sell me AAA games that are only a year old for $15, I have problems paying $15 for a single DLC pack.

Can not wait to play it.
A female Turian is interesting, hope they do not really screw it up.
I loved every game and every DLC they released so I will enjoy this as well.
To bad it is still so far away

sounds good. lets hope its really long. still havent read these comics yet. only read the first one which was included in the CE.

I'll watch for a let's play and just watch the stupid thing online. Sorry, EA, I'm not spending more money on you. If it was $5 and I was doing another playthrough... maybe. But $15? No chance in hell.

For 15 bucks it had better be longer than 2 hours, or it should include an additional crew member or something substantial like that. Though even if it did, it'd be hard for me to care enough to want to get it. I've still yet to get the Leviathan DLC. Not out of any objection or anything, I just don't care that much about ME3 anymore.

And on a side note: I hope the female turians look better than the one from the comic series.

Something about removing the fringe just makes then look less like awesome badass reptile-bird soldiers and more like something the Grey Wardens would fight.

I would love to play it....when it drops in price.
I haven't even bought for the character DLC yet because I'm being cheap and that was probably worth more for the overall experience that this DLC will be.

Maybe I'll just wait....unless someone is willing to give up 2000 points...

I just assumed female Turians were outwardly identical to male Turians. Like the Salarians are, you'd never know the Salarian Dalatrass and Councillor were female unless they were constantly referred to as such.

Stupid Bioware, there was space for a fantastic gag about a husky Turian soldier conversing with an Alliance trooper.

So what do Turian girls look like?
Well, like me.
Wait, so they look the same as all the males?
No, I AM a female,
...uh...
You mean you can't tell us apart?
...uh...
But we look completely different!
Well I uh
We don't even sound the same!
...uh...sorry?
That's ok, we were warned about this back on Palaven... I thought it was a joke but...

fix-the-spade:
I just assumed female Turians were outwardly identical to male Turians. Like the Salarians are, you'd never know the Salarian Dalatrass and Councillor were female unless they were constantly referred to as such.

Stupid Bioware, there was space for a fantastic gag about a husky Turian soldier conversing with an Alliance trooper.

So what do Turian girls look like?
Well, like me.
Wait, so they look the same as all the males?
No, I AM a female,
...uh...
You mean you can't tell us apart?
...uh...
That's ok, we were warned about this back on Palaven...

Okay, yeah, that was a HUGE missed opportunity (although it would have raised uncomfortable questions about Garrus...).

Anyway, to counteract the negativity hanging around this thread (and, well, anything ME related these days): Count me IN. I loved Leviathan, and I'm looking forward to Omega.

I'm guessing that they really do look a whole lot like male Turians. If you follow the pattern for birds of prey, they will be a little larger and scarier (since raptors are about the only animals that have females as the physically more impressive individuals). I doubt that will happen, though, because human tropes, so they will probably end up smaller and with fewer "accessories" like a long fringe or big mandibles or something.

she will definetly not look hideous since you have to make the characters "fuckable" for the fans....

the road to hell is paved with good intentions fan service and fan fiction.

RatRace123:

Something about removing the fringe just makes then look less like awesome badass reptile-bird soldiers and more like something the Grey Wardens would fight.

it looks to me more like something Marcus Fenix and his bro band would fight

This actually sounds mildly interesting, but I'm still not buying. Not for a while, at least.

The_Darkness:
(although it would have raised uncomfortable questions about Garrus

No it wouldn't, we already know he's a he, he keeps saying so.

Man am I glad they'll be putting in a Female Turian, the lack of them makes literally NO SENSE according to the Universe Lore, they should be just as common as Male turians.

15 bucks?

Seriously $15?

I am just not going to reward that trend. DLC is bad enough, expecting $15 for what will likely be 5 hours of gameplay...

I need to see reviews first.

carpathic:
15 bucks?

Seriously $15?

I am just not going to reward that trend. DLC is bad enough, expecting $15 for what will likely be 5 hours of gameplay...

I need to see reviews first.

Five Hours?

Try 3. Max.

ok bioware i will bite but for 15$ this got dam better be worth it. i mean really worth it not something i can blow through in a few hours. i better see some deep character development, compelling story, and some reason for wrex to be there to see if aria is that same bounty hunter he was talking about.

Would very much like it to play like a major story planet. (multiple missions all across the planet. Chance of major failure messing up half of what your doing and all that.) And maybe give a good sadistic choice at the end. (IE is it right to give Aria back her planet and honor your word vs some other perhaps less "evilish" group looking to coop the area for resources/wipe the wretched hive out for good (but makes you break your word and possibly lose all the assets you gathered with Aria if she pulls one of those me or him type choices on the merc groups and what not. Also this might be a good time to give Morinth a bit more impact on the story if you choose to go her route in 2 sense this was one of her favorite hideouts as well. (sense all she shows up as a named banshee later for a toss in. I mean Conrad got more story purpose than she did.) Can be a chance to make her a semi likeable character with an addiction she can't fight(or just reinforce you're a prick for picking her over her mom.)

Of course none of this will probably ever be the case but.. one can hope no?

erttheking:
And in the grand scheme of things, nothing will change, so what's the bloody point?

It won't change anything and since the endings affect all Reaper/Cerberus forces, this mission might be considered pointless, but I personally do want to see the resolution of the story from the Mass Effect: Invasion comic. But not for this price.

Looking forward to it, and if its a big chunk of gameplay (think shivering isles that was the same price) then i will be happy to buy it.

But of course people but can't help but bitch about Mass Effect 3.......maybe if you hate the idea so much you should consider keeping it to yourself for a change?

Every Mass Effect thread is soon filled with enough rage and bile to fill a swimming pool and its getting boring...sorry has got boring.

i wonder how much 'filler' it will have.
The last dlc had some long detective scenes in the same lab...where you would just click on stuff.
(watched it on youtube)

you know..i was skeptical of mass effect 3. for a long time i put off getting it. i eventually picked it up for 40 bucks a little while back. loved it enough to immediately buy the from ashes dlc. i still haven't bought leviathan because of borderlands 2 having been released and sucking up all my time. but this dlc just like Leviathan looks extremely fun. i probably wont be getting it anytime soon due to reasons of tf2 halloween update and other steam sales. and probably by the time i can afford it the trilogy will have been released and i will have bought that.. basically what i'm trying to say is 15 dollars for actual gameplay content is mroe then Activision gives for their 15 dollar map packs. i may not like EA but so far they havent forced any paid multiplayer dlc yet and thats at least a plus.

summary: cant afford it right now. will buy it at a later date. Looks fun. at least its not 20 dollars and unreleased like dawngaurd on ps3. etc.

erttheking:

Well because of the increased Aria war'assets' you will gain...you will have a higher number in the final battle..... I know right... amazing.. i really want a higher number

Yes we get it anti-ME defense force, "EA is everything bad, Bioware sucks, insert random fanboy plug for steam, if you like ME3 you are to stupid to drive, blah blah blah." your raging hate-on is showing, you can stop now.

OT: sounds interesting, and I do want to find out how Aria's story ends so probably gonna pick this up when it comes out.

I refuse to spend anything more then 10 dollars on DLC. Dawnguard? Haven't bought it, fuck 20 dollars. This new ME3 dlc? 15 dollars, fuck it, not going to be worth it.

major_chaos:
Yes we get it anti-ME defense force, "EA is everything bad, Bioware sucks, insert random fanboy plug for steam, if you like ME3 you are to stupid to drive, blah blah blah." your raging hate-on is showing, you can stop now.

OT: sounds interesting, and I do want to find out how Aria's story ends so probably gonna pick this up when it comes out.

Agreed. I was always wondering if we'd ever get more fleshed out missions from Aria again. I don't really get why people are complaining about how it won't really affect the ending. WHY DOES THAT MATTER? The ending is not the only part of the game. There's this other stuff called gameplay that is actually pretty good.

And then the laughing at the price tag?! 15 dollars for something that will a large amount of content isn't that much to ask for...

TsunamiWombat:
>$15

How does the ending spoil your enjoyment of DLC that takes place before the ending?

Could be good, and for $15 it well fucking better.

It seems to be a trend to charge a lot for DLC. I remember when you could two DLC packs for AAA games for a 1600 pont card. I'm looking at you Dawnguard, you expensive bastard.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here