Lego Man Jumps From Not-Quite-the-Edge of Space

Lego Man Jumps From Not-Quite-the-Edge of Space

Felix Baumgartner's record-breaking "space jump" has been gloriously recreated in Lego.

Did you watch the space jump yesterday? It was an astonishing achievement, combining technology, courage and the innate human drive to explore and test our limits. It made for compelling viewing; all activity near the monitor I had it playing on came to a halt as people gathered around to watch.

But for straight-up entertainment value, I'm not sure it can compete with this slightly smaller-scale jump that ends somewhat less gracefully but, in the end, just as successfully. It was created to promote the upcoming Vienna Model Maker's fair, and it is wonderful. All the elements of Baumgartner's feat are here, culminating in a giant faceplant for Lego-kind. And is it just my imagination, or is the minifig at the four second mark packing a blaster?

To whoever made this video: I salute you. You may not have jumped from 128,000 feet in the air, but you did the next best thing. You made an awesome video and you put it on the internet.

Technology. Humanity. Lego. Let us never stop pushing the boundaries.

One small step for man, one giant leap for a LEGO minifigure.

Almost as epic as the actual jump.

That was amazing xD

As long as it's PG 13.

Everything is funnier (or better) when it's done with LEGOs.

Go, minifig, GO! I love that this happens in the world. We take something as immemorial as the Stratos jump, and we celebrate it with Legos. Wonderful.

Korak the Mad:
Everything is funnier (or better) when it's done with LEGOs.

Or if Yakety Sax is played as the backing music.

(Congrats, Felix.)

(I am going to hell for laughing at Yakety Sax being played as the soundtrack to Passion of the Christ.)

Now he gets to go home, put on a ninja mask, and ride on his train-boat full flatchested pirate and starwars women. I envy him, i really do.

BehattedWanderer:
Go, minifig, GO! I love that this happens in the world. We take something as immemorial as the Stratos jump, and we celebrate it with Legos. Wonderful.

you said it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here