Farming Simulator 2013 Plows a Hardcore Launch Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Farming Simulator 2013 Plows a Hardcore Launch Trailer

The new Farming Simulator 2013 trailer rocks so hard it makes Kenny Loggins look like Kenny Rogers.

Farming Simulator 2013 makes its long-awaited debut tomorrow, and you know what that means: launch trailer time! Maybe you've been imagining what it's like to bring in the rutabagas before the frost hits or get blasted in the face with liquid manure because the line on the sprayer done got froze up again, but now you don't have to imagine, you can see it for yourself! (Well, except for the manure in the face bit.) This is the trailer that pulls it all together, from red Grimme and Case IH to green Krone and Deutz-Fahr, plus cows, sheep, corn, wheat and sweeping rural vistas so vast and breathtaking they'll drive you insane and make you run for the horizon until your heart explodes and you keel over and die, just like those early settlers in Saskatchewan.

The game features more than 100 vehicles and machines, and will take players from planting crops to selling the harvest, with stops in-between for some hot animal husbandry action and plenty of other surprises, too. Digital farming just doesn't get any better than this!

Farming Simulator 2013 comes out in Europe tomorrow but won't launch in the U.S. until November, which means you've still got time to lay it down for the Lambo. That's right, preordering this bad boy will score you a code for an exclusive in-game Lamborghini R6 135, the only tractor on the planet that will let you plant beets at 220 miles per hour. That is hardcore farming, people. Don't miss it!

man I keep wanting this game slightly more every time I read/watch something about it....idk what's up with me lol

Haha this has to be one of this sites running gags. Hyping up this farming simulator all the time.
I love it, but I could never play this farming sim, I like another one. Harvest Moon. And it would feel like cheating.

...there's going to be so many videos of threshing machine rampages and running over animals.

Tiger Sora:
Haha this has to be one of this sites running gags. Hyping up this farming simulator all the time.
I love it, but I could never play this farming sim, I like another one. Harvest Moon. And it would feel like cheating.

... uh, it's just Andy's running gag.

The internet in general, however, has a meme about how Farming Simulator is a "hardcore", "sexy" "extreme" game.

So when do we get the Escapist's review?

Y'know, for those few poor fools who don't realise what a must-buy GOTY contender this is?

Yes! Another excuse to watch and post this

And in all seriousness I am considering getting this for Xbox, when it drops down in price, just for the uniqueness of the damn thing.

It amazes me that this game has somehow convinced even me to really want to get it.

Meh. Let me know when Train Simulator is coming out so I can make a new montage.

Meh.. it looks pretty and all, but I bet it's just a roster upgrade from last years edition. Should've just been a free patch.

.. seriously though, it actually looks decent for what it is.

I can't decide if this is an ironic news story or if this is just advertising disguised as news.

I am more partial to Train Simulator 2012 myself, actually.

Worgen:
I can't decide if this is an ironic news story or if this is just advertising disguised as news.

It would take some large brass ones to pay a video gaming lifestyle site to talk up your "farming simulator" game with a straight face.

OTOH I think this looks fun to play for about 20 minutes. Mostly I'm just curious about what goes into food production but too lazy to open the requisite wiki pages.

Edit: Wow, there is even DLC. :D http://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc.php?lang=en I bet the Krone XDisc direct cutting system is a big draw.

Oh. I didn't they had sheep...

Can you make cheese? If you can make cheese, I'm buying this.

You know, for all your mocking, this game is currently in 14th place on steams best seller list. You're just attacking the future of gaming. We've been heading towards more realism for decades. This is just the natural final step in the process. You have been warned.

Pfft, trainz is all hype. I've seen the lets play.

Street Cleaning simulator is where it's at. YA'LL DON'T EVEN FUCKING KNOW. Check these bomb-ass reviews.

You're move.

K.

Escapist.

You must have Andy review this.

YOU.

MUST.

DAMMIT.

This or Assassin's Creed 3?

OuendanCyrus:

This one doesn't have Ubisoft DRM.

oh look.... my cows are ready to harvest... time for me to get my harvester, which will process them into steaks

Umm, I actually want this game. For some reason.

Did anyone else actually really like the music?

lacktheknack:
K.

Escapist.

You must have Andy review this.

YOU.

MUST.

DAMMIT.

You, my friend, may well be a genius!

It must be done!

insanelich:

OuendanCyrus:

This one doesn't have Ubisoft DRM.

Neither does Assassin's Creed 3, for that matter.

Still probably has a better ending then ME3.

I may get this for my parents though since they love sim games.

What no multiplayer? Pfft. That's not going to sell at all. Everyone knows you need multiplayer to make a game successful.

CANNOT RESIST, TIME TO DO SOME TOP GEAR FARMING.

Bet that wasn't a coincidental pick for that tractor montage.

Irridium:
Street Cleaning simulator is where it's at. YA'LL DON'T EVEN FUCKING KNOW. Check these bomb-ass reviews.

Your move.

Come on, no effort in those reviews.

This one has soul.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/08/street-cleanin-man-street-cleaning-simulator/

Hey Andy, don't you love your job?

It's here! It's finally here!

The last time a news post was ripping on the farming simulator like this I wrote:

RoonMian:
There are people putting hard work into this game. There are other people enjoying these kinds of games.

And The Escapist is ironically (or sarcastically, whatever) "praising" this game.

Do we really need hipsters in our hobby? If the game is bad then do a review and tell us it's bad, please. But this destructive crap is just immature and dickish.

So now again: Do we really need this?

It's really not the kind of gaming journalism I want to read on the escapist.

If you buy this game you either love your current job so much you can't get enough of it or you should look to get a new job.

Nicolaus99:
...there's going to be so many videos of threshing machine rampages and running over animals.

do the chickens go crazy like in Zelda?

Ptsh, it's got nothing on Street Sweeper Simulator.

Yes it is a real game.

Actually that company makes a whole heap of bizarre simulators, including but not limited to: Air Traffic controller, Commuter management simulator, Underground Miner simulator, fucking WASTE COLLECTION simulator, (there's a few of those actually, seriously, who the fuck is playing waste collection simulator for fun?), Forklift Simulator.

In fact I'd go so far as to say Farming Simulator looks the /most/ fun out of all the games they make, I mean heck Harvest Moon was fun.

Here's a list of all their games:

http://www.astragon.de/simulationen.html

Irridium:
Pfft, trainz is all hype. I've seen the lets play.

You're move.

How did I know it'd be a Birgirpall video in the spoiler? :D

OT: Ya know, I was calling The Walking Dead/Borderlands 2 my GoTY, but know...I may have to rethink this.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here