Rumor: Captain Price Leaks Modern Warfare 4

Pages PREV 1 2

Holy shit! NO WAY! In other news, the sun will rise tomorrow. What a shocking piece of news, that an MW4 will happen...

Isn't this comparable to leaking that "there will be new movies in theaters this Friday"?

This is truly shocking news, I don't think ANYONE saw it coming...*cough*

Admittedly, I thought the MW series wrapped up quite nicely at the end of MW3...couldn't they have done something a little more original, like a World War One game?

MrGalactus:
DAMN IT. I put money on it being called Modern Warf4re. Of all the games to douche up the sequel name with a number in the middle of the name, how could CoD NOT do it?

'Call of Duty: Modern Warf4re', set in Warsaw!

Geddit? :)

I mean, what's there to say except Duh? This is like leaking a new Madden game of course it's coming. This is hardly even news.

omg, largest made up controversy of the year

the controversy, not the actual story

This is as much of a surprise as a new FIFA game. I don't need any official word from activision to know that they'll make MW4.

All the main characters besides Frost, Wallcroft and Price are dead. Who's it going to follow? The only other people they have to work with are Ramirez and Foley from 2.

That said, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion. 3 was the biggest launch in the history of the entertainment medium. Activision is making money hand-over-fist at this point - it would be stupid not to continue it for 5, 10 or 20 more installments.

CAPTCHA: no holds barred - yes, indeed.

I'd actually be more surprised if there wasn't a Modern Warfare 4 coming out at some point...
It's not much of a secret if everyone expects it, now is it?

But they said that Black Ops would be stand alone...... yeah colour me beige. I do not feel strongly one way or the other. That if this is true and not just hearsay.

Activision is making another Modern Warfare game? What a colossal surprise!

Why is this surprising? OF COURSE there's going to be a Modern Warfare 4. Jesus I could have told them that!

I'm surprised that Murray is even allowed into the US given his connection to organised crime.

I thought they would have been done with the MW theme by now. Obviously not.

Meet the Mario of the FPS genre - minus actual relevant updates between each game.

gigastar:
Whats that word thats the opposite of "surprise"?

If you happen to know it, im that.

I think I would go with un-astonished. That is about as close as you will get, though I'm not sure it is technically a word.

As for the rest of the thread, even though we all expected it, it is still technically a leak. As such I am sure IW is having a metaphorical hissy fit over it (or did they plan this?, aren't the publishers usually the ones who purchase plane tickets back from meetings?).

Dalisclock:
So let me guess.....Captain Price commits war crimes and is a total badass while doing so while the world goes to hell. Have I summed it up?

Sorry, I'm playing "Spec Ops: The Line" right now and It's going to be really hard to look at COD the same way ever again. Spec Ops might as well be called "Nice Job Breaking it, Hero: The game."

Allready played through Spec Ops. And frankly, even if I was a fan of the pro-america gunwank shooter, after that I don't think I can even look at a modern military game ever again without getting flashbacks. White phosphorus, man...

DugMachine:
Oh it's not that Bill Murray. I got a little too excited there

Yeah my mind was full of fuck

I was like, he sounds -nothing- like Cpt Price

oh wait..

Hero in a half shell:
I could have told them that!

They're making a Call of Duty 4.
The sky is blue.
Rain is wet,
and there's a land war in Asia.

Let me use my amazing jedi powers to make another prediction, It will come out next year, at the beginning of November.

I do not appreciate you sarcasm, good sir or ma'am!

The sky CAN be other colors than blue!

Thank you.

Xanadu84:
I suspect that Murray said it so offhandedly because, well...we all know this. I mean, does this even count as a leak? did anyone expect something different? Can I leak that the next Super Bowl will contain commercials? The real act of intrepid journalism here is that Andrews had the presence of mind to realize that this is TECHNICALLY a leak. Honestly, I wouldn't have realized that.

This isn't a leak.

it's so fucking obvious there was gonna be yet another one, how in god's name can you(edit, I dont mean you specifically, I mean anyone) classify this as a leak?

Everyone already knew. I hope he isn't at all punished for this just because everyone is jumping the OMFG HE LEAKED thing...

Activision is excreting yet another Call of Duty sequel. /eyeroll Stop the presses, this will shock everyone.

Ympulse:
Oh, I'm supposed to care. Right? I'm supposed to? Trying...

This just in: Bears shit in woods.

there are better sources for news...

we should had let them nuke the entire site, just to make sure its all gone.

I must say, now that I've read this I now believe that there is going to be a Modern Warfare 4.

crazyrabbits:
All the main characters besides Frost, Wallcroft and Price are dead. Who's it going to follow? The only other people they have to work with are Ramirez and Foley from 2.

Probably Price and Wallcroft/some other character voiced by Craig Fairbrass.

I think the real question is who's going to be the next bad guys? I reckon the Russian Ultranationalists are out of the question and so are the Middle Eastern insurgents.

crazyrabbits:
That said, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion. 3 was the biggest launch in the history of the entertainment medium. Activision is making money hand-over-fist at this point - it would be stupid not to continue it for 5, 10 or 20 more installments.

I honestly figured that they were going to be done with the Modern Warfare series (though not necessarily the theme of modern warfare) and transition to whatever Sledgehammer Games is meant to be developing. But apparently they're not yet done.

albino boo:
I'm surprised that Murray is even allowed into the US given his connection to organised crime.

Wow, is that really true?

Cyrus Hanley:

albino boo:

Yeah Murray is known associate of the Kray family, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kray_twins. He knew the twins, their brother Charlie and his sons. Murray has never been arrested but has a 40 year association with eastend gangsters. US immigration is notoriously picky that kind of thing has been enough to keep people out.

DugMachine:
Oh it's not that Bill Murray. I got a little too excited there

I had the same thought... and then I remembered that Bill Murray was killed in that zombie apocalypse a few years back.

albino boo:

Cyrus Hanley:

albino boo:

Yeah Murray is known associate of the Kray family, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kray_twins. He knew the twins, their brother Charlie and his sons. Murray has never been arrested but has a 40 year association with eastend gangsters. US immigration is notoriously picky that kind of thing has been enough to keep people out.

Well that's certainly soured my opinion of him.

I mean, on top of beating his wife (heard about that).

But that's really interesting, I knew he played a thug on British television but I had no idea he was involved in that sort of business. o_O

Modern Warfare... ...4...? Well... I don't even. And I who thought that they would stop at 3. I'm not even know what the story wound be even based about. Didn't it actually end in Modern Warfare 3? I've never actually played the game, I've only heard a bunch of rumors.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here