Pandaria Player Livestreams Passion on TwitchTV

Pandaria Player Livestreams Passion on TwitchTV

A World of Warcraft player forgot to turn the camera off, and now his girlfriend isn't speaking to him.

You'd think turning the camera off would be the first thing you'd do once the gaming session was done, but one Mists of Pandaria player managed to forget this all-important safety tip after a session recorded on TwitchTV. The camera happened to be focused on his bedroom at the time. No prizes for guessing what happened next; suffice to say his girlfriend is furious.

The player's viewer base - over 1,300, according to Reddit - all saw pretty much everything there was to see. The player didn't realize what had happened until early the next morning, when he finally twigged that the camera was still on. At that point he shut the feed down, but the damage had already been done.

The poor soul has had his Twitch account suspended for violation of the terms of use, but that's probably the least of his worries at the moment. A Reddit AMA went up - and down again - soon after the incident, and went about as well as you'd expect. The player said he was "shocked and surprised" at the incident, and his girlfriend wanted to kill him.

Soon after that he went silent.

Source: Kotaku

A Reddit AMA went up - and down again - soon after the incident

Any user experiencing a Reddit AMA lasting longer than four hours should seek immediate medical attention :P

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Yeah... that's about all I got.

On further note: Blizzard creates new patch "Panderia After Dark" :P

I think these people are starting to do this on purpose. It happened twice already and got loads of attention so now its a new trend.

I think we need to send the dogs into the backyard to see if they can find out where she buried him.

Though look at it this way. He's more famous now than ever before :D

I don't understand this new Livstreaming obsession. Why are 1300 people watching Joe Somebody playing a game?

So he tried to upstage masturbating-guy in this manner?
I wonder if it was intentional.

Either way, giggles were had. Moving on.

I came to this thread expecting bad jokes
I am very happy to see that I was not let down...

Ha.

Lvl 64 Klutz:
I don't understand this new Livstreaming obsession. Why are 1300 people watching Joe Somebody playing a game?

OT: My only question is, was his GF hot? lol always funny to read about news of other ppl's indiscretions.

Lvl 64 Klutz:

In case he had sex afterwards?

Captcha: on-off.

I have...No words.

Funny note is they were watching Once Upon a Time in the background haha Apart from that I feel bad for the woman b/c in the end she will be the one slandered the most from all of this.

Nice article writing. Too scared to actually write the phrase HAD SEX WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND?

DTWolfwood:

Lvl 64 Klutz:

OT: My only question is, was his GF hot? lol always funny to read about news of other ppl's indiscretions.

i got a 3 screen setup.. and NEVER in a million years bothers to watch a stream.. i dont want to look at others playing :P now im more likely to put up a movie or a series (third screen runs Firefox..)

Lvl 64 Klutz:

Me neither. I could get why some people would watch the actual gaming session, but why would someone want to watch someone sitting in front of a screen, occasionally scratching and mumbling to himself?

Doom972:

Lvl 64 Klutz:

Me neither. I could get why some people would watch the actual gaming session, but why would someone want to watch someone sitting in front of a screen, occasionally scratching and mumbling to himself?

Let's Plays tend to be a little more relevant than game streams. A lot of streamers forget that they have an audience and pretty much zone in. They perform great in-game, but the experience becomes lacklustre for the audience.

Let's Players very consciously try to run a commentary and will often edit out the parts that don't so much involve dialogue. This technique is more interesting, seeing as smart LPers will drop interesting factoids or relevant observations.

Then you've got the Comedy LP school, which I thoroughly loathe. "AUGH, VAGINA-TITS! GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU SLENDER-PERSON! SAVE ME, STEPHANO!" *to be said with a rather thick Swedish accent*

Yeeeaaah. Gets kinda mind-numbing after five minutes.

Didn't something like this happen like last week?
I think people are doing this on purpose.
Well, if it helps he can always follow Daniel Tosh's advice and say "Yes, that was me and I was under 18".

Maybe if she put out more it wouldn't have happened. :)

See...
WoW Players do get laid.

Pics/video or it didn't happen.

What?? Don't judge me!

Satosuke:
Nice article writing. Too scared to actually write the phrase HAD SEX WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND?

Yes, because writing out everything at face value without any creative flair is the height of journalistic integrity and exactly what readers want from entertainment journalism.

REALLY losing hope for the Escapist now. First the "League of Legends Player Accidentally Streams Masturbation" and now this? Can't be bothered to put effort into researching something actually relevant to gaming? No journalistic integrity whatsoever.

You think people would learn to check things like this when something you might not want other people to see happens. People get all up in arms about privacy and then they hand out all of their personal...stuff...without even knowing it.

At least my webcam, which is constantly off, is pointed to the back of my chair and my bathroom door. Lots to see there!

redknightalex:
You think people would learn to check things like this when something you might not want other people to see happens. People get all up in arms about privacy and then they hand out all of their personal...stuff...without even knowing it.

At least my webcam, which is constantly off, is pointed to the back of my chair and my bathroom door. Lots to see there!

There will be if you leave the door open! :P

Though I suspect that people wouldn't enjoy that as much as what happened here.

"Passion"?

Really, man? "Passion"?

The language in this "news" is rather vague, yes? I assume he had sex on camera with his girlfriend, I don't see why that couldn't have just been said. We're all adults, cute euphemisms aren't needed.

JSoup:
The language in this "news" is rather vague, yes? I assume he had sex on camera with his girlfriend, I don't see why that couldn't have just been said. We're all adults, cute euphemisms aren't needed.

You assume age = maturity.

I can tell you first-hand that it doesn't.

Ed130:

JSoup:

You assume age = maturity.

I can tell you first-hand that it doesn't.

Mostly, I assume age means I can call an apple an apple and not be very concerned with those who don't get it. :D

I don't see why it's a big deal. Don't all western youths (i.e. 19-32) have to have a video of them fucking on the internet? Isn't it some kind of law?

karoliso:
REALLY losing hope for the Escapist now. First the "League of Legends Player Accidentally Streams Masturbation" and now this? Can't be bothered to put effort into researching something actually relevant to gaming? No journalistic integrity whatsoever.

Haha, are you implying there were no articles with little relevance to gaming on the escapist before this?

Lvl 64 Klutz:

It's like a Let's play on youtube (which are also really popular at the moment), only you can actually interact with the streamer in realtime.

Never watched a friend or family member play a game? Same thing really.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here