Ubisoft Confirms Great Big Assassin's Creed Anthology

Ubisoft Confirms Great Big Assassin's Creed Anthology

The murderous anthology includes five games and more DLC than you can shake a hidden blade at.

You may have lost track of the Assassin's Creed series at some point over the past five years. I don't blame you; Between ACII's annualized installments and the series' numerous mobile releases there's a lot of murder to get through. If you've fallen behind on the series, Ubisoft has just the thing.

The Assassin's Creed Anthology contains every Assassin's Creed console game, including the recently released Assassin's Creed III. The final count stands at five games total. Each title comes with its respective DLC and bonus content (single player and multiplayer), and presumably a season pass for the Assassin's Creed 3 DLC due to hit next year. All told, Ubisoft puts the pack's total gameplay length at around 100 hours, depending on how anal you are about feather/flag collection.

The pack comes in a fancy steel tin, and each game comes with an "exclusive lithograph." No news on availability or pricing yet - Ubisoft only just confirmed the anthology after it was accidentally outed by Amazon France - but considering at least 75 percent of the included games are bargain bin regulars, it remains to be seen how good a deal the package actually is.

Source: AC.ru via Eurogamer

I will get this. I will play a marathon of all of them. Every mission. Every collectable. 100% everything.

And it will be glorious.

Well this Anthology of interest does have a lot of Futuredrama.

Would have loved to see some of the portable games included (Bloodlines was particularly good), but I can't complain. This looks like an amazing set.

Mass Effect Trilogy collection, take notes.

I just hope everything is ON DISC.

None of that 'God of War Collection' with half the games you have to download.

Grey Carter:

The Assassin's Creed Anthology contains every Assassin's Creed console game, including the recently released Assassin's Creed III. The final count stands at five games total.

rage building, building

Grey Carter:
Each title comes with its respective DLC and bonus content (single player and multiplayer),

rage subsiding, subsiding

Grey Carter:
snip...
The pack comes in a fancy steel tin, and each game comes with an "exclusive lithograph." No news on availability or pricing yet - Ubisoft only just confirmed the anthology after it was accidentally outed by Amazon France

rage gone

Grey Carter:
- but considering at least 75 percent of the included games are bargain bin regulars, it remains to be seen how good a deal the package actually is.

rage building

OT: if this is going to be a $60 bundle then WTF Ubisoft I thought you were cool, and now you do this.

You lost me at "flags". Now I remember why I hated the first one so much. 200 flags? What kind of sick freak actually enjoys this? It's all padding, it's not remotely fun. I did it,I hated every second of it, but I did it. And because of this, "flying rats", and those damned orbs in Crackdown (mind you there were more orbs but they were easier to find) I now avoid games with collectible crap in them. I'd hate to meet the human oddity that actually enjoys this kind of punishme-

saintdane05:
I will get this. I will play a marathon of all of them. Every mission. Every collectable. 100% everything.

And it will be glorious.

N-NO! NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

gardian06:

Grey Carter:
- but considering at least 75 percent of the included games are bargain bin regulars, it remains to be seen how good a deal the package actually is.

rage building

OT: if this is going to be a $60 bundle then WTF Ubisoft I thought you were cool, and now you do this.

Five AAA games, one of which is currently $60 on its own, with all their respective DLC, and possibly a DLC pass for the $60 title all for the price of $60 (Theoretically)? Oh yes what a complete rip off.

Holy crap, that is a good deal. I have only played two of the games in the series and only own one, so I will be keeping an eye on this, for sure. Day one purchase, if it is $60 or less. :P

Icehearted:
You lost me at "flags". Now I remember why I hated the first one so much. 200 flags? What kind of sick freak actually enjoys this? It's all padding, it's not remotely fun. I did it,I hated every second of it, but I did it. And because of this, "flying rats", and those damned orbs in Crackdown (mind you there were more orbs but they were easier to find) I now avoid games with collectible crap in them. I'd hate to meet the human oddity that actually enjoys this kind of punishme-

saintdane05:

And it will be glorious.

sorry to make it worse but it wasn't 200 flags it was 420

getoffmycloud:

Icehearted:

saintdane05:

And it will be glorious.

sorry to make it worse but it wasn't 200 flags it was 420

Oh..... I'm having flashbacks now. My brain must have blocked out half the flags to save itself. I remember now, I was appalled in learning that the 'overworld' area had 200 flags on top of flags in all the cities, hence the number that came to mind. Good grief.

My interest in this series was always lukewarm, but I'm really intrigued by the recent entry. I'm glad they announced this, since I'll just be holding off to pick this up.

This seems very premature considering that Assassin's Creed III just came out and the DLC hasn't even started. Saying that there is, or even could be, a collection of all the AC games may dissuade those who haven't bought their newest game from buying it.

Either way, I'm all set. And, for the record, I liked the flag collecting: gave me a way to listen to podcasts while tuning out the video game.

I predict $100. The most expensive AC game before ACIII is Revelations and that's running for around $30, tops? I know brohood is like $20, AC2 is like $15 and AC1 is like $10. If it is $100, it would be reasonable considering all the DLC it comes with, not to mention if they wish to compete with all the Collections coming out right now (Like God of War collection that comes with 5 games for less than $60), they gotta give us a reasonable price.

I'd buy that. Anything beyond that and color me disinterested.

This works out great. I have never played any of the games but ACIII has really interested me. If they come out with this set for less than 150 its a definite purchase for me.

Wow, too bad I plan to get ACIII for the Wii-U! I have also played every other game in the series (bar the handhelds, I played Bloodlines and it was lame but I plan to get Liberation at Christmas!)

This sounds awesome. I've been hearing about how good the series is for years, but there've always been titles that interested me more. If this comes out before Christmas, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm asking for.

I might actually be interested in this anthology if they had offered ports of the the mobile games. Every game in the series thus far, basically, would have really set it up as the definitive anthology. That would have garnered my interest in this. As it is, I already own most of the AC games, so this isn't that big a deal for me.

gardian06:

Grey Carter:

The Assassin's Creed Anthology contains every Assassin's Creed console game, including the recently released Assassin's Creed III. The final count stands at five games total.

rage building, building

Grey Carter:
Each title comes with its respective DLC and bonus content (single player and multiplayer),

rage subsiding, subsiding

Grey Carter:
snip...
The pack comes in a fancy steel tin, and each game comes with an "exclusive lithograph." No news on availability or pricing yet - Ubisoft only just confirmed the anthology after it was accidentally outed by Amazon France

rage gone

Grey Carter:

rage building

That would be a good deal honestly since it includes AC3

I'd pay at most $150 for the entire deal... and even then begrudgingly. But i'm not a huge Assassins Creed fan either

I enjoyed Assassin's Creed until I got to the second city and realized that all I was doing was the exact same missions I completed in the first one. Wasn't a big fan of the combat either. The rooftop running was pretty cool though.

God damnit Ubisoft why do this to me?!?!

Once this comes out looks like im trading my ac games in to get this -.-

I look forward to finding out the price and availability. Hell, if they just released The Definitive Assassin's Creed 2, that would be enough for me. This collection sounds potentially excellent though (because greatness is already assured with this much assassination).

I already have everything but III, and you know what? I'll probably STILL buy this. Because I'm a sucker like that, and this sounds shiny.

I just had a look on the eb games Australia website. It's $199.95 AUD... Yeah no thanks ubisoft.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here