You Probably Use Gmail Now

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Marik Bentusi:
Never saw a reason to switch from GMX.

Second that. I use GMX and hotmail and have no problems at all. And I don't get the youtube account thing with gmail cause I'm on youtube with my gmx account and I can still log in to this day with it and it works perfectly. Also, GMX sounds cooler.

I use inbox.com on the basis that it is not popular, but is easy to remember... Plus my e-mail stands out among all the hotmail & gmail addies.

Tohuvabohu:

Corven:
This is probably in part due to them forcing people who want to make a youtube account also make a gmail account to register.

This.

It's the only reason i made a Gmail account. Even though i had a Youtube account for YEARS, I was pretty pissed when one day - Youtube wouldn't let me sign into my profile until I created a Gmail account. Not even a 'Remind me later' option, just a big fat NOPE until I made one. Assholes.

I'm in the same boat.

Guess it's a great way to boost your numbers, force people to sign up ... then proclaim "I are the greatest!".

For that very reason I never email nor read any emails from it. You may use me to boost your worthless epeen but I won't use your service.

Simple to use, integrated into YouTube, text editor is right at the top, everything an email service should be. And I love it.

One of the reasons I shun hotmail is that on my forum I have to manually activate a lot of new users who registered with the service. The activation link never shows up (yes I told them to look in the spam folder as well). I advised them to use Gmail, and problem solved. Only in a few cases did hotmail work. What the reason is remains a mystery.

I've been using it, almost exclusively, since 2005. My original account (crazyrabbits) was part of the beta test, and I still keep it for odds and ends related to past friends and interesting mailing lists. My current account has been in use for 3 years, and pipes in messages from my work e-mail. The conversation feature has been a godsend for when I need to look up information quickly, and I have everything indexed, going back 3 years.

I love it.

Dunno why people complain about the spam in HotMail. I basically use HotMail as a spam-trap address and I get no more spam there than any of my other webmail accounts

Rastelin:
One of the reasons I shun hotmail is that on my forum I have to manually activate a lot of new users who registered with the service. The activation link never shows up (yes I told them to look in the spam folder as well). I advised them to use Gmail, and problem solved. Only in a few cases did hotmail work. What the reason is remains a mystery.

2 possible reasons:
1) Your average Hotmail user is technically illiterate and doesn't understand what a spam folder is (most likely).
3) Your domain or your hosting provider has been blacklisted for spam so everything goes straight to /dev/null/ . But as I assume this only happens to confirmation emails, I would say 1 is the most likely.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here