"World of Warcraft Candidate" Wins Election

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I have a new favorite politician.

Well good for her... Also... good that she's a rogue... it would pain me to know am camping a US senator.

Adam Jensen:
Awesome. Did she level up? Did Republicans drop any good loot?

I would assume a seat in the Senate... wonder if thats considered epic level loot.

this is what happens when you have the most Death Per Second then anyone else

Andy Chalk:
Something else Lachowicz posted on her page, the morning before voting began:

I don't know if she made it, but a quick google didn't turn it up anywhere else. This is clearly a woman who knows her audience.

She did not make it. It is from http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html and became an internet meme thereafter, which she spun very well to the idea of "ALL the things!"

Just to put the information out there (also read that blog, it is hilarious).

I'm really pleased to see her hobby was an asset and the people who attacked her for it got some comeuppance for it.

Hell, I'm excited for this and I normally have a low expectation for US Politics!

Ickorus:
I, for one, support dickpunching Arthas.

Funny thing is they thought they were giving her negative PR but instead they won her the gamer vote and most other people probably didn't give two shits about it.

I think we are ALL in support of dickpunching Arthas.

Also, your avatar is going to drive me INSANE D:

If I was her, I would say to the opponent who bashed me for my hobby: "U just got pwned, n00b!!! lol", just to kick him further in the nuts.

Mylinkay Asdara:

Andy Chalk:
Something else Lachowicz posted on her page, the morning before voting began:

I don't know if she made it, but a quick google didn't turn it up anywhere else. This is clearly a woman who knows her audience.

She did not make it. It is from http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html and became an internet meme thereafter, which she spun very well to the idea of "ALL the things!"

Just to put the information out there (also read that blog, it is hilarious).

I'm really pleased to see her hobby was an asset and the people who attacked her for it got some comeuppance for it.

Pretty sure Andy meant she captioned that specific image, not made the entire meme ;)

So the stupid attack was stupid and didn't work. Congratulations world, you didn't fail. keep up the adequate and mediocre work.

I guess you could say she really WoW'd voters.

I know nothing about her, but the fact that they attacked her for something so stupid puts me squarely on her side immediately. The best part of it is of course that their attempt ended in failure.

well she idnt a "wiorld of warcraft candidate" after all she does not represent "world of warcraft" in her political career. the title is misleading as usual, bad escapist bad.

Well this cheers me up, not only am I glad to see the stupid old people advertising fail but she sounds like an awesome senator anyway. I just wish I could have seen the republicans reaction when they found out that there smear campaign got her voters and donations.

Strazdas:
well she idnt a "wiorld of warcraft candidate" after all she does not represent "world of warcraft" in her political career. the title is misleading as usual, bad escapist bad.

It may be misleading if, for example, you have a reading age of five, take everything you read literally and/or you haven't been following the story.

The first is only acceptable if you are five. The second is never acceptable and the third, while acceptable on it's own, isn't an excuse to throw around accusations. Also learn the uses of quotation marks, then we can all forget this silly little mistake.

OT: It's always pleasing to see a shitty smear campaign fall on its arse.

Strazdas:

Though you could argue that her clientele included especially WoW players and gamers in general - especially thanks to the smear campaign. So in a way, she was the candidate representing WoW and its community (among others) - the "WoW candidate".

How can you NOT vote for a politician with such a high DEATHS PER SECOND ratio?

Monsterfurby:

Strazdas:

Though you could argue that her clientele included especially WoW players and gamers in general - especially thanks to the smear campaign. So in a way, she was the candidate representing WoW and its community (among others) - the "WoW candidate".

Well, no. She may have been elected largely by WOW players, but it was not her goal to win to represent the WOW community. Therefore she is not "WOW Candidate" even if WOW community voted mostly for her.

Its damage per second.

She will be the runner up for the next president election.
The successful campaign will feature memes, lolcats and game related funzies.

Made president, her formal clothes will be those of Princess Leia.

Strazdas:

Its damage per second.

They were refering to the smear campaign that wrongly interpereted her quoted DPS as "deaths per second"

So when she runs for US congress will she lobby to have the title of "President" changed to "Warchief"?

That'd be a funny bill... And no more useless than the 30 times they tried to repeal obamacare.

Do people seriously think voters care about who their candidates are or what they do anymore? People vote on party lines plain and simple, this presidential election alone proves that.

It wouldn't even surprise me to hear that if asked about this particular issue normal everyday people in that state would be like "really? I never even heard about it that...I just vote democrat because I don't like republicans" or vice versa.

I'm both amused and sadden by the fact that there is a good chance many of her votes came from people who know nothing about pretty much anything and are simply voting "FOR THE HORDE".

Captcha: It's Super Delicious

As a Mainer and a gamer, this makes me happy.

Ickorus:

Funny thing is they thought they were giving her negative PR but instead they won her the gamer vote and most other people probably didn't give two shits about it.

It's Arthas. His own father would support it. If you know, the murdering twat hadn't killed him and all. Not really anyone likely to argue in favor of NOT doing horrible things to that whiney annoying backstabbing treacherous twit.

Also? Go Maine. :)

Her WOW constituents are strong and united! XD

This is the woman capable of 1000 deaths per second! holy crap people, we just elected a SUPER MURDERER!

I know what i'd say if someone accused me of being a maniac senator because of my gaming habits:

'if you can't tell the difference between reality and fiction you are less qualified than you accuse me of being to run anything, so i'd cut your losses on that argument if i were you'

Not really sure why they jumped on her hobby

Alexias_Sandar:

Ickorus:

It's Arthas. His own father would support it. If you know, the murdering twat hadn't killed him and all. Not really anyone likely to argue in favor of NOT doing horrible things to that whiney annoying backstabbing treacherous twit.

Also? Go Maine. :)

Arthas is a nice guy, i do not support dick punching him
but then you probably mean the elder shaman Ner'zhul ( AN ORC!!! ) who inhabits Arthas body
( when aren't the horde doing something dickish, let's be honest )
who i totally support having a spectral dick punching

the two are separate things, and the combination is the Lich king

also, Arthas father feels sorry for him if you watched the cinematics at all
he tells him it's almost over and still refers to him as 'my son' not
'treacherous backstabbing bastard'

Sleekit:

cynicalsaint1:
Why can't we get these kind of controversies for the US Senate? You know the kind with a cool ending.

Nooo ... there we just get old white dudes who think rape babies are gifts from god ...

actually that particular guy lost his seat...

Actually, they all lost their seats. There were actually a few senators who have said things like that in the past few months and every single one of them lost the election.

It's good to know not all of my fellow americans are stupid.

Adam Jensen:
Awesome. Did she level up? Did Republicans drop any good loot?

Presumably a ring that debuffs the intelligence of everyone around them.

Her opponent is reported to have responded "1v1 me!".

JSoup:
I'm both amused and sadden by the fact that there is a good chance many of her votes came from people who know nothing about pretty much anything and are simply voting "FOR THE HORDE".

Captcha: It's Super Delicious

I get that and I agree with the sentiment, but I'd rather have that than people voting against her just because of her hobby, and if the initial attack was the idea of her opponent, it does show that he's somewhat petty and possibly other personality traits, which gives a reason to vote against him.

SoulSalmon:

Pretty sure Andy meant she captioned that specific image, not made the entire meme ;)

Ah, sorry then - was in proofreading mode from classes still most likely. Nevertheless, always nice to be able to link people to that fun place so I will let myself slide.

Palademon:

Strazdas:

Its damage per second.

They were refering to the smear campaign that wrongly interpereted her quoted DPS as "deaths per second"

Just making sure because i know a lot of people actually believed it was deaths per second when the whole thing started.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here