Updated: McAfee AntiVirus Founder Wanted for Murder

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

He looks kinda like the dude from the Big Lebowski. Seems pretty nuts that he is trying to purify bath salts, a substance that makes people go crazy.

algalon:
"McAfee changes name to Secure Highspeed Internet Extra Layered Defense"

God I sure hope so. McAfee is one of the most awkward names I've heard. How the hell do you pronounce that anyway?

I've had it installed on my computer for 3 years and I can't even say it's name.

MorganL4:
I don't know that that is the case, I mean McAfee hasn't been involved with the company for 2 years

Sort of like how McAfee, Inc. hasn't been associated with internet security. Ever.

He must have quite the affinity for herbs to leave McAfee Inc. for that, that's all I can say.

Yikes! Glad I use another anti-virus software. Reminds me of the guy who invented the Gizmondo and got into all that trouble shortly after.

This is so weird. You made a fuckton of cash from selling an antivirus solution to particulars and enterprises alike? Well, then, let's take that fuckton of cash and go spend it on meth lab essentials and a small cache of weapons!

Yes, that's totally safe and guarantees a profit!

Captcha: wisdom of inglip
Yeah, I guess that's how things went. John McAffee was on the net two years ago, he had to fill in a Captcha, and Lord Inglip greeted him with "American Drug Lord".

McAffee decided to follow Lord Inglip's advice.

Hey I'm using McAfee on all my home PC's (full editions which we got for free from where I work), it's done a fine job for the last year : /

I don't think McAfee (i.e. this man) has any impact on the company, not for a while at least.

Sounds like an alternate version of Breaking Bad.

McAfee drops pretense, admits he's not the Dude.

When it said "McAfee and Faull's most recent argument appears to have revolved around dogs", this is what I imagined:

Faull: Y'know, I think the German Shepard is the best kind of dog.

McAfee: FUCK YOU POMERANIANS! *BLAM*

DVS BSTrD:
So is Russia going to ban McAfee now?

McAfee is effectivity banned in Russia already, Kaspersky is the official Russian AV product. That might be something to do with the former CEO and current major shareholder of Kaspersky being a supporter of Putin and in particular supporting internet censorship.

DVS BSTrD:
So is Russia going to ban McAfee now?

Nonono, of course not
They will ban ALL antiviruses, because apparently antiviruses causes uncontrollable violence

Saw this on the 6pm news this evening. The best part is when it's revealed he also has a 17 year old girlfriend.

Classic.

I wish more murderers would have their own antivirus, I would buy a Phil Spector antivirus.

Covarr:

John McAfee is on the run from Belize police following the shooting of a fellow American the previous weekend.[/b]

>Belize police

Challenge: Say "Belize police" five times fast.

P.S. Thanks

I'm not even sure how to say that in the first place O_O

OT: I think I've got another joke to pile on top of the many that are going to appear. *Ahem*

"So while the antivirus kills computers, McAfee just kills people."

vrbtny:
This.... this dude is utterly bizzare.

Are you sure this is all legit?.... because this sounds like some future HBO story about some computer nerd going rouge and fighting the drug war in his own unique way....

seriously, this guy's tale is just bizarre.

Either way, if I had the money, I'd get buying the rights to a movie, double time.

Seriously, some people just have...odd lives.

Regarding update:

This guy is absolutely bat-shit crazy.

That cardboard box on his head was actually pretty damn clever. Too bad the guy is... you know... nuts.

On the one hand, McAffee is batshit. On the other, the authorities in that part of the world aren't exactly shining paragons so his claims are entirely possible.

He ditches a 100 million dollar company to sell drugs in Central America? Man, he was clearly nuts to begin with.

I want to know how McAfee is still functioning, its by far the worst anti-virus software out there.

renegade7:
He ditches a 100 million dollar company to sell drugs in Central America? Man, he was clearly nuts to begin with.

It was probably his dream since childhood... Who are you to judge a man, just because he is chasing his dreams!?! :p :p :p

Anyway, this story is so crazy they should turn it into a movie, just to restore the balance between fiction and reality.

"placing a cardboard box over his head"
The legends are true then!?
No, it can't be
But there is no other explanation

Holy hell, this guy is working on a real Metal Gear. This explains everything, Kojima saw the future, he's next, someone warn him!

maybe the moral is: The best antivirus is a gun?

So, the fellow makes millions off of selling sub-par software to people who don't know crap about computers (read: a lot of people), and he decides to become a, for all intents and purposes, drug lord?

This story is bizzare, to say the least. He doesn't seem to have his marbles all there - hiring criminals and drug dealers as body guards while amassing an armory of weapons doesn't really paint a picture of a sane guy. And if your being influenced by people like that all day, its not really a huge leap forward to start shooting people too.

And, I'm not sure about the police in Belize, but I assume they probably wouldn't have kicked his door down looking for him if he didn't have some connection. And I doubt he'd be hiding if he didn't know otherwise. But thats just me

Doom972:

knight4light:

Mr.Tea:

Rogue.

Rogue.

Rogue.

Rogue.

Why can't no one spell this word right??

dont you mean.

"why can no one spell this word right?" or "why cant anyone spell this word right?"

double negatives. bad. very bad.

OT: He really is crazy isn't he. I wonder how McAfee will hold up in the next few months. *McAfee goes bankrupt. service no longer viable*

I think you meant "why can't anyone spell this word right?"

No.... It's "Why can't anyone use the right word?"

While I found it amusing that he went all solid snake on use with the cardboard box, is anyone else worried that this will get blame on videogames too?

Honestly, I am not surprised at all, I mean his company has gotten away with charging people outrageous sums of money for a program that is as destructive as any virus I've gotten rid of, and I run tech support for old people so I've dealt with alot of them. It only makes sense that its founder would be a psychotic murderer.

Buried himself in sand and placed a cardboard box over his head? Holy shit, this guy is a cross between Solid Snake and that one guy from Commando.

inclined to beleave the cops are out to get him as it is a Central american country and theyre known for haveing currupt cops in high places.

Do you guys know how some TV Shows get their own reality show versions? Well, Breaking Bad just got it's reality show version :)

Raiyan 1.0:
Buried himself in sand and placed a cardboard box over his head? Holy shit, this guy is a cross between Solid Snake and that one guy from Commando.

Lol!!! The Green Beret I didn't remember that guy ahahah, that was a nice franchise.

Paradoxrifts:
According to one news article he bought a million dollar patrol boat for the Belizean coast guard out of what he initially claimed to be philanthropy, but which he later admitted was a bribe to keep them from hassling his ferry business.

Sounds like the local constabulary has it in for him.

I was just about to say the same thing. I was a bit incredulous after hearing the story about him hiding in a box and the Belize police force poisoning his dogs, however after reading the previous article; He was arrested without just cause, they didn't execute a search warrant (though Belize law is surely different from my own), and they have a history of killing his dogs. They forced him into a donation "bribe" for a boat and they seem to be a bit over zealous. I could see him legitimately fearing for his life.

Seriously, I kinda want to live like that guy.

What is this? 66 replies and not a single pun about McAfee security holes? This forums really gets worse and worse!

barbzilla:

Paradoxrifts:
According to one news article he bought a million dollar patrol boat for the Belizean coast guard out of what he initially claimed to be philanthropy, but which he later admitted was a bribe to keep them from hassling his ferry business.

Sounds like the local constabulary has it in for him.

I was just about to say the same thing. I was a bit incredulous after hearing the story about him hiding in a box and the Belize police force poisoning his dogs, however after reading the previous article; He was arrested without just cause, they didn't execute a search warrant (though Belize law is surely different from my own), and they have a history of killing his dogs. They forced him into a donation "bribe" for a boat and they seem to be a bit over zealous. I could see him legitimately fearing for his life.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't watching you

Mr.Tea:

vrbtny:
This.... this dude is utterly bizzare.

Are you sure this is all legit?.... because this sounds like some future HBO story about some computer nerd going rouge and fighting the drug war in his own unique way....

seriously, this guy's tale is just bizarre.

Rogue.

Rogue.

Rogue.

Rogue.

Why can no one spell this word right??

Aoccdrnig to rseerach at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Stop benig a spelling/tpyo Nzai.

As for McAfee, ate one to many Jungle flowers.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here