GTA V Trailer Offers A Look at Antihero Trio

Pages PREV 1 2

They need to make a GTA game where you can play as Mike Ehrmantraut from breaking bad...
I would play the shit out of that game!

Am I the only one who noticed this?

Sweet baby jesus yes. I can't wait for this one!

I wonder if we'll be able to change clothes on any of them.
Not a big fan of walking around as a Johnny Knoxville clone in a dirty Andrew W.K. tee.

I'm just glad that all three of our protagonists don't seem anywhere near as depressing as Niko was. He was one of the reasons that GTA 4 felt so fucking depressing, he never had any kind of fun at all.

But I will admit that I'm a little disappointed that with three protagonists we still don't have a playable female lead in GTA, oh well, I can live.

AND OMG FFTATKFASD PLANES ARE BACK!

SO, SO EXCITED

*asplodes*

This is only the second trailer and I am already absolutely certain this will be my favourite game ever. Holy shit.

I love almost every game rockstar has ever made and now this I was goinig to buy anyhow but now... just take my money damnit! Looks great and cannot wait :)

Meh, kinda disappointed.

Was that a... a... a DOG? It was! Now I'm even more excited for the game than I was before.

THERES FUCKING DOGS IN GTAV???!?!?!?! This game just went up on my list from Insta buy to Super Insta Buy.

Also Im loving the idea of having three protagonists, it could add an interesting twist to things

GTwander:
Because GTA4 is old hat, we're all hipster now, and this is the next big thing.
Perhaps the irony in that is too much for you.

Don't worry, though, everyone late to the party will be sure to know how we were there first and got over it once the plebs showed up.

~Oh yeah...

"grandpa hat"

ROFL. I thought it was fun back then it is fun now, old or new. People accusing it of being too gritty missed a lot of fun moments the game had.

I see this one is going in the same direction, not a bad call, if you ask me. But we will have to wait until its release.

carnt wait for this GTA:SA was my fav of the lot. I hope they dont mess up the music.
Also wonder if area 51 will be in there and some of them cool side quest Chase the cock.
Hope the PC port will eb good and chopper flying is fixed. didnt see any motor bikes or BMX's that where in SA. Hope they in there they always a fun.
hope there plenty of references to other GTA games with the people i wonder Who they will get for voice acting.

cannot wait. Not gonna pre order not falling for that again

Omega500:
carnt wait for this GTA:SA was my fav of the lot. I hope they dont mess up the music.
Also wonder if area 51 will be in there and some of them cool side quest Chase the cock.
Hope the PC port will eb good and chopper flying is fixed. didnt see any motor bikes or BMX's that where in SA. Hope they in there they always a fun.
hope there plenty of references to other GTA games with the people i wonder Who they will get for voice acting.

cannot wait. Not gonna pre order not falling for that again

Beat The Cock you mean...oh Rockstar, you play with words so funny....

Mcoffey:

The Great Purtabo:

Mcoffey:

Not necessarily. Just look at most of the stuff they demo at E3, which were being run on PCs. They were console games. I dont doubt that it will look nice, but stuff like this is just misleading.

You may be right in regards to games which are actually released on PC, but we are talking about this specific game. The games that don't have PC ports do not use PC to display the game because it doesn't run in an optimized manner on PC. I will concede if you list some examples of console exclusives run on PC's at shows; but I do not believe there are any.

That's a good point. However the game is being built on computers; it's not too hard to imagine them prettying up some sections with higher res textures and 60 fps for the trailers. It gets even easier when we consider that a PC port is likely, considering every game they've developed has been ported to the PC eventually.

Still though, you may be right. Goodness knows I've been wrong before.

It is entirely plausible and possible to demo a console exclusive game in a PC. PC hardware > Console hardware, and the argument of not being optimized for PC doesnt hold. In fact, its quite the opposite. Something as optimized as console games run even better on a PC, and regardless, youre building them on a pc, of course you can test it and run it there(hell in the case of the xbox they have the same framework so you barely need an emulator for it)

1nfinite_Cros5:

What's funny is that what little we've seen of the characters so far matches up with those positions. Trevor is a stereotypical psychopath who sees nothing wrong with what he does, Mr Family Man is probably trying to avoid his life and his son (can't hear anything) and the black guy looks likable so far, but clearly his words and his actions don't always match up if we're to believe his female friend.

Subtle imagery is great.

Looks like they understand what was missing GTA IV, but I won't get it if they don't make a proper PC version this time, because I can wait for Saints Row 4 if they won't.

AlwaysPractical:
Looks like it'll be more like GTA IV, but with more charm. And thank god for some more colour.

And please please please make a proper PC port.

That hopefully isn't delayed by eight months like GTA IV was. I must admit I am kind worried that GTA V won't have a PC port and will be console only. It does give me more incentive to get a PS3.

1nfinite_Cros5:

]

You got that from IGNs analysis of the trailer, bravo

I found that to be pretty underwhelming to be honest.

dancinginfernal:
A psychopath, a snitch, and an ex-con walk into a bar...

denseWorm:
One thing...

Hilariously bad voice acting.

A GTA staple.

WTF ? Lost and Damned had grat voice acting, so did The Ballad . GTA IV used accents but once you get used to it, you can feel the emotion that the narrative was going for .

13thforswarn:
Meh, kinda disappointed.

...HOW?!

I am seriously baffled by this.

denseWorm:
One thing...

when?

jackinmydaniels:
I'm just glad that all three of our protagonists don't seem anywhere near as depressing as Niko was. He was one of the reasons that GTA 4 felt so fucking depressing, he never had any kind of fun at all.

But I will admit that I'm a little disappointed that with three protagonists we still don't have a playable female lead in GTA, oh well, I can live.

AND OMG FFTATKFASD PLANES ARE BACK!

neko actually wasnt that depressing
dude had a dark sense of humor

the lost and the damned i will admit to you , that was depressing

gta 4 and the ballad of gay tony, not so much

The big sign at about 00:26, is that supposed to be a joke about American beer / Budweiser?

Because the word is (almost) German for "piss water".

Balkan:

dancinginfernal:
A psychopath, a snitch, and an ex-con walk into a bar...

denseWorm:
One thing...

A GTA staple.

WTF ? Lost and Damned had grat voice acting, so did The Ballad . GTA IV used accents but once you get used to it, you can feel the emotion that the narrative was going for .

Not entirely what I meant, Rockstar has the habit of hiring amazing voice actors, but there's always that one guy who is so bad that his selection has to have been intentional.

bimon_1234567:
The big sign at about 00:26, is that supposed to be a joke about American beer / Budweiser?

Expect more of this kind of humour in the game. It's what Rockstar does.

OT: I like Michael, he seems the most different from any other GTA protagonist.

bimon_1234567:

You're welcome :)
I can't wait to see a good mix of the parody brands from GTA4 and SA in one place.

I thought it was a great trailer. That said I think I have like every GTA trailer thus far. They are also trailers that you can show to non-gamers (like my girlfriend) and it doesnt make your hobby look like you're an overgrown manchild

tangoprime:

bimon_1234567:

You're welcome :)
I can't wait to see a good mix of the parody brands from GTA4 and SA in one place.

Thanks.

"German lager for export only."

Well, that explains everything. ;-)

I hate to gush, but GTA is just such a damn fine series isn't it? I've played out plenty of GTA titles, and yet I'm always happy to sign up for another. They manage to be funny, hectic and at times genuinely poignant or insightful. Rockstar has done a great deal for videogames as both an attractor of controversy and as a sterling example of how intricate and interesting a digital world can be when crafted with love and ambition.

l3o2828:

The Tall Nerd:

neonsword13-ops:
Sweet Jesus.

I hate to say this, but it looks... fun. It looks like Rockstar might have redeemed themselves after the disappointment that was GTA IV. Now to be fair, I loved the expansions to GTA IV, it was just the main game that was disappointing.

I'll certainly be paying attention to this in the future.

how was gta 4 a disspointment

was a serious narrative to big for you little boy pants

because from what they have divulged this will be more of the same

i suggest you get ready for more big boy pants narrative

or play saints row

One thing is having a serious story line and another is being completly unfun and grey.

Hey it was VERY fun, don't deny that. Granted, it was a completely different kind of fun from other GTA. It was "grey" as you said, but rightfully so, as it came in with a more serious tone and a pretty dark story, which is why I personally enjoyed GTA IV the most. But yes, it was a different sort of fun, Saints Row was more like old-school GTA (sometimes, sother times it went just TOO far, and I loved it anyway, since the prerogative of SR IS being hysterical).
But anyway, GTA IV was grey, but very very very entertaining (and that equals fun to me) since it delivered a hell of a story.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here