Two Days Until Desert Bus 2012!

This Friday, be prepared to strap in for the sixth annual Desert Bus for Hope!

Every year, we here at The Escapist put on our co-pilot hat to help the Desert Bus for Hope's mission of delivering toys and games to children's hospitals around the world through the Child's Play charity. Those of you already in the know about Desert Bus for Hope can find the talent and staff call-in schedule below.

Is this your first time on the bus? Desert Bus for Hope is an annual videogame marathon benefiting Child's Play, a charity that supports more than 65 children's hospitals worldwide through donations of toys and money. The live broadcast event rallies the gaming community behind a singular cause: making a bunch of Canadians suffer in exchange for donations. Prepare to be entertained by professional performers, celebrity guests, and live call-ins by some of your favorite Escapist stars.

Throughout the event, LoadingReadyRun will also be auctioning off epic loot, which includes The Escapist prize packs filled with merchandise and yearly Journalist swag bag. As an added bonus, for every Publisher's Club Membership purchased throughout the event, The Escapist will donate $10. As if it couldn't get any better, we are upping the ante this year by giving away prizes to Pub Club Members once the Bus has parked for the year, as our way of saying "Thank You" for supporting a great cause.
Last year the event raised more than $380,000 - all in just six days.

Check back on The Escapist this Friday for more information on tuning into the live stream cams to watch all the fun and participate in swag auctions galore!

Call-in Schedule - Note: Times may be subject to change.

Saturday
10:00 AM PST (1:00 PM EST) - Gavin "MiracleOfSound" Dunne
2:00 PM PST (5:00 PM EST) - Jim "Thank God for Him" Sterling

Monday
10:00 AM PST (1:00 PM EST) - Susan "I Really <3 Cute Animals" Arendt

Tuesday
4:00 PM PST (7:00 PM EST) - Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
8:00 PM PST (11:00 PM EST) - Bob "MovieBob" Chipman

I will "be there" as much as my busy schedule permits... which unfortunately isn't much. but still!

My mom's going to kill me if I don't get to bed by 11 on a tuesday :(
Other than that, I can't wait.

Was introduced to Desert Bus 5 by a friend, been watching LLR and its additional programs for the past six months this year, ready to tune as much as I can this year! Good lucks guys!

Think it is finally time for me to get a publisher's pass..

Cannot. BUS-ING. WAIT!

Shall be watching as much of this as possible, and in all likelihood joining in the always fantastic chat =D

And if there is anything like Graham's fantastic QWOP/Going to the store meltdown, then it will have been worth it.

Holy crap...

I just realised we're going to break $1m this year!

Our time has come. Let the busing begin. Who needs sleep?

Ohh gods has it really been a year already. This...... really couldn't of come at a worse time for me. My "free time" is going to greatly deminish.

Ohh well, to the bus!

Dear LRR,

I want to buy that song from you now if there is an extended version.

Also I am pumped! :D

Christmas arrived a month earlier!, I was starting to wonder when's the next Desert Bus going to start and it'll be soon :)

I can't wait!

Dudes I am so Busing excited for this, I actually have money this year so I'm pumped to actually get involved for once.

Redlin5:
Dear LRR,

This times 5.

My only grievance with this is that it has to happen on one of the weekend when I won't be at home or near a decent internet! Oh woe.

Baldry:

Redlin5:
Dear LRR,

This times 5.

My only grievance with this is that it has to happen on one of the weekend when I won't be at home or near a decent internet! Oh woe.

The song is a remix by Big Giant Circles you can find it/purchase it/listen to it again at his band camp page.

http://music.biggiantcircles.com/album/loading-ready-remix

Louzerman102:

Baldry:

Redlin5:
Dear LRR,

This times 5.

The song is a remix by Big Giant Circles you can find it/purchase it/listen to it again at his band camp page.

http://music.biggiantcircles.com/album/loading-ready-remix

If I could bake cakes and pass them to people through the internet I'd do that for you. But alas a simple thanks will have to suffice. Thank you!

I really love this. I was just at the tech test they did and the first auction was already so exciting, can't wait until it really starts.
I guess my productivity will drop to nearly zero the following week but it will be worth it. Unfortunately, I may not have as much time as I'd like but I'll try to watch as much as I can afford.

Christ, is it Desert Bus already? Damn; I swear the last only happened a couple of months ago. Or twelve. >_> Looking forward to seeing Gav on there.

Dammit, Gavin AND Jim when I'm going to be away from my computer?!

....please please work on smartphones. Please!

Also....hmm....I'm going to need a great deal of cash...

I'll do my best to check in! This is so exciting I- I just ... need to check something. *looks at schedule*
Oh crap, my favorite shows are on then ... OH WELL. This is better :D

looks like like I'll be doing a lot of watching desert bus(and probably playing FTL in another window at the same time) this year, but again due to work I'll probably miss the end. Damned retail job.

If I had money and knew how the hell to donate money I would love to. Sadly, neither is currently possible. Although if I can find another way to help I will.

Watchin' the hell out of Desert Bus 6 this year! I stumbled across it last year and thoroughly enjoyed every moment I saw. I might not be able to donate much, but I think I should at least be able to buy a shirt!

Well on the bright side I'm not doing anything this year. However it starts on the same day as the Lost Shores GW2 event and no matter what my sleep schedule will be FUBAR'd. So much ambivalence!!

No sleep and lots of LRR for the weekend :D

And then at work... still I can at least listen to the 'show' if only watch for a bit...

EDIT: can we get them to not do anything funny/interesting/cool when I'm in my car to/from work?

Awesome! Also I like how Susan gets her own nickname.

$825, 002!

Well Dong Desert Bus, Well Dong.

Does anyone know if it's getting recorded this year? Living on the other side of the world, I only get to watch the night shift live. It would be great if I could see some of the call in's and guests.

Also I feel that these videos needs to put here, for anyone who wants an idea of what Desert Bus is like.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/5015-The-Tale-of-Matt-Wiggins
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/4989-The-Whole-Story-Desert-Bus

Side note:Is there a way to embed Escapist videos onto the forums?

s0osleepie:

Never has a username been so appropriate...

I FUCKING LOVE DESERT BUS! THIS SHIT IS SO HYPE!

Seriously words cannot express how much hype I have for desert bus this year. And I totally have enough money to bid on stuff! Although knowing my luck I'll lose. Every single time...

Lizardon:

I've been wondering about that myself, and after some trial and error I've managed to do it :D

{video=5015-7234fd926da1a1755a69aa267b6f313a} but with square brackets

Ah, thanks so much for that. I never thought to use [ video= ].

Chances are I'll have completely forgotten next time I want to embed a video...

Lizardon:
$825, 002!

Well Dong Desert Bus, Well Dong.

Does anyone know if it's getting recorded this year? Living on the other side of the world, I only get to watch the night shift live. It would be great if I could see some of the call in's and guests.

Also I feel that these videos needs to put here, for anyone who wants an idea of what Desert Bus is like.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/5015-The-Tale-of-Matt-Wiggins
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/4989-The-Whole-Story-Desert-Bus

We DEFINITELY need someone recording this around the clock, or a group of people. I would, but I have no idea how to go about such an endeavor. I guess I've gotta trade in my B-legs.

There must've been so many great moments I missed last year... alas...!

Lizardon:

Eleuthera:

I've been wondering about that myself, and after some trial and error I've managed to do it :D

{video=5015-7234fd926da1a1755a69aa267b6f313a} but with square brackets

Just to let you both know, it doesn't have to be that long =P It's just the numbers that are in the link of the video.

So for the video Lizardon links, and Eleuthera posted it would be [ video = 5015 ] minus the spaces of course

Like so

Hope that helps to shorten the process for now on =D

Andy Shandy:

Hope that helps to shorten the process for now on =D

Thanks, I was wondering why the links had to be that long, I guess did didn't :)
'From now on' is a bit misleading though, since today (in this thread) was the first time I ever tried to link an Escapist video. (or the first time I saw anyone do it for that matter...)

Andy Shandy:
Cannot. BUS-ING. WAIT!

Shall be watching as much of this as possible, and in all likelihood joining in the always fantastic chat =D

And if there is anything like Graham's fantastic QWOP/Going to the store meltdown, then it will have been worth it.

If you think that was spectacular to watch over the internet, I can tell you that it was FAR more fun to watch from ten feet away.

There must've been so many great moments I missed last year... alas...!

I'm just going to leave this here. I hope you have some free time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DesertBusArchive

Alexnader:
Awesome! Also I like how Susan gets her own nickname.

Goddamn right.

*struts*

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or