Rumor: Modern Warfare 4 Headed for 2013 Release

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Rumor: Modern Warfare 4 Headed for 2013 Release

The Modern Warfare franchise will reportedly stick around for at least one more year.

According to Siliconera's reliable source, voice work is already beginning on a title nicknamed "Call of Duty 2013," which will take place within the Modern Warfare story arc. The game is slated for a 2013 release. We have to assume that this title is indeed Modern Warfare 4, and that it will follow the now established two-year release cycle that the series has held for over half a decade now. File this one under "No... really?!"

Other details about the storyline include that the main character - or one of the main characters - is "a battle hardened veteran in his mid-thirties with a nihilistic point of view." The always loveable John "Soap" MacTavish also allegedly appears in the game, though this is done through a flashback sequence.

When writing about video games - or really, writing news about anything - you come across rumors on a regular basis. It's my journalistic duty to tell you that Activision planning a new Modern Warfare game is indeed a rumor. However, I think we're all on the same page here in that the likelihood of this being true is rather good.

The source behind this news is the same person that outed parts of the True Crime: Hong Kong script before it was handed to Square Enix and renamed Sleeping Dogs. But you probably don't need an inside man to tell you that Activision and Infinity Ward are still companies, and companies need money to operate, so keeping one of their best-selling IPs around is a good idea.

Source: Siliconera

In other shocking news, Black Ops II is selling quite well...

Sunrise, sunset. Sunrise, sunset.

I'm calling it now Black Ops 3 in 2014.

MikeWehner:
File this one under "No... really?!"

I filed it under a sub-folder called "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, REAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYY?!?!"

In all seriousness though, BlOps 2 just came out. Can we stop the hype train from leaving the station just a little bit longer, please?

In other news, sometimes the sky is blue when its not covered by clouds, more after this.

It's no surprise that Call of Duty is coming out in 2013 but I find it very surprising that it will be Modern Warfare 4.

I mean...what's left in the game?

For minute there I was worried there wouldn't be.

Whew! Thank God! Can't get enough of Call of Duty!

tippy2k2:
It's no surprise that Call of Duty is coming out in 2013 but I find it very surprising that it will be Modern Warfare 4.

I know. I mean who could...

Wait a minute. Of course. We never met...Makarov's brother who is now out for revenge

wow. cant get any more surprised then that.well, im pretty sure fans cant keep them selfs together.

Worgen:
In other news, sometimes the sky is blue when its not covered by clouds, more after this.

We're awaiting confirmation on the defecation habits of bears.

In other news: Birds fly and Fish swim.

How I reacted to these news?

No.
NO!
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
You bunch of stupid mother fuckers, how fucking hard is to understand that this fucking franchise is getting fucking tired?
Just make a fucking Battlezone3 for fucks sake already. How fucking hard is that, you fucking fucktards?
BZ2 was released more than a fucking decade ago, we need fucking sequel to that fucking game.
What's that? You don't own fucking name anymore? Fine, then make sequel under another fucking name, you stupid fucktard fuckers.
Argjhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
[goes into incoherent rage mode for few minutes]

True story :(

Will they ever stop pumping CoD games and make sequel to Battlezone2?
You know what, fine, I'm ok with Activision milking CoD franchise.
What I'm not ok is with them not making sequel to Battlezone2.
I am kinda interested in CoD:BO2, but because there is no sequel to BZ2 I will boycott these assholes and their games :(

P.S. Am I minority here? Are BZ fans so rare, that nobody cares about that game?

Who wants to bet they'll have the balls to do a Modern Warfare reboot?

tippy2k2:

Please... Its obvious China is next.

blackrave:
P.S. Am I minority here? Are BZ fans so rare, that nobody cares about that game?

The fuck is Battlezone?

PieBrotherTB:

The captcha says it all: hulk smash

In my opinion they should do a decent realistic shooter in space, with transhuman sci-fi elements, gauss rifles and space stations that go pop if you miss the enemy. Now THAT would be a nice realistic shooter setting.

I think they should just stick to the title "Call of Duty 2013"

But at the end of modern warfare 3......

Why are they making another one? The series is over. Modern Warfare 3 ended the story.

Oh wait money.

I still don't understand... They said there would be a MW on odd numbered years and a Black Ops on even numbered years. That was a press release. How is it "leaked"?

In other news there has been a leak that Star Wars VII is in the works. Keep it under your hat boys.

You know I wish people's attention sp... SQUIRREL!

That's really considered to be JUST a rumor? Really?

Well.. Guys... I think there's a Call of Duty game scheduled for a 2014 release... and 2015... and 2016... and 2017... Maybe a news article is deserved for each of these as well.

WanderingFool:

The fuck is Battlezone?

One of the best examples of early FPRTS games released in 1999

LoathsomePete:
I think they should just stick to the title "Call of Duty 2013"

or have it come full circle and Call it

Modern Warfare 4: The Call of Duty

I laughed quite a bit when i read the title. "Rumor" lolz

Bad Activision, BAD Activision.

*repeatedly hits Activision with newspaper*

Seriously, the last game ended the series perfectly, how the hell are they going to build up on the previous game? John Price is in peace, let his story end there.

PieBrotherTB:

Why? Unless the series suddenly takes a sharp drop in revenues, they'll make 5, 10 or 20 more installments until the train stops chugging.

It's as I said in another topic related to this (the one about the voice actor spoiling MW4's existence), they'll keep making them ad infinitum if people keep buying them. Sure, most of the cast from the first three games are dead, but they already have a fairly clear slate from which to work with.

blackrave:
How I reacted to these news?

No.
NO!
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
You bunch of stupid mother fuckers, how fucking hard is to understand that this fucking franchise is getting fucking tired?
Just make a fucking Battlezone3 for fucks sake already. How fucking hard is that, you fucking fucktards?
BZ2 was released more than a fucking decade ago, we need fucking sequel to that fucking game.
What's that? You don't own fucking name anymore? Fine, then make sequel under another fucking name, you stupid fucktard fuckers.
Argjhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
[goes into incoherent rage mode for few minutes]

True story :(

Will they ever stop pumping CoD games and make sequel to Battlezone2?
You know what, fine, I'm ok with Activision milking CoD franchise.
What I'm not ok is with them not making sequel to Battlezone2.
I am kinda interested in CoD:BO2, but because there is no sequel to BZ2 I will boycott these assholes and their games :(

Considering that every CoD game shatters the sales records held by the previous game... No, they have no reason to stop milking the CoD franchise.

It's like asking Apple to stop making iStuff

WanderingFool:

tippy2k2:

Please... Its obvious China is next.

Failing that, they could always really push the envelope and have you shoot brown people. No you might think we've done that before, but this time it'll be different. There'll be different shades of brown.

But there will be no world then?

tippy2k2:

If you remember, all the bad guys and Captain Price himself were thoroughly dead* by the end of Call of Duty 4. Activision will simply bring a few dead characters back and invent an entirely new bad guy 'who was behind everything,' again, just like in MW2.

*Right the end the Russian medic performs a Precordial Thump on Price, in medic code that means you're clearly dead but your friends/family are watching and I need to give them hope, so I'm going to hit you because it makes it look like I'm trying even harder, but really you're dead now so it doesn't matter. It isn't something you will ever see done on a patient who's still alive...

blackrave:

Battlezone 2 was pretty damn awesome.

Why would they ever stop making games when they know they can make many millions off each one, and they don't have to change anything but slight weapon design and map layout?

Praise the Lord! It's been too long since I could get my hands on a brand-new installment of CoD!

And SPOILER ALERT, I've heard the first three games were actually all just a dream - all the baddies you THOUGHT you had killed - ALIVE. Can you believe it! And apparently they've all joined up to form the Nefarious League of Diabolical Intentions.

One mission has you form an assault on their skull-shaped doom ship on the moon, or so they "speculate."

(Just trying to keep the facts on the DL, I assume.)

The game will feature a new cast of special forces soldiers that you sorta catch the names of every now and then, but never really get to bond with until they're all killed one by one in the explosive finale.

NLS:
The game will feature a new cast of special forces soldiers that you sorta catch the names of every now and then, but never really get to bond with until they're all killed one by one in the explosive finale.

Are you a seer?

How do you possess and control such powerful magic?

The Artificially Prolonged:
Sunrise, sunset. Sunrise, sunset.

I'm calling it now Black Ops 3 in 2014.

Damn, ninja'd!

OT: Fucking called it. Well, who DIDN'T call it, right?
Anyway, using my fortune telling powers, I see MW4 breaking pre-order records and selling like pancakes. Then people will hate because of reasons that may or may not be valid.

Then...something something Blops 3.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or