Return to Morrowind With New Skyrim: Dragonborn Screenshots

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

PS3 gamer here...... still waiting on Dawnguard........ and hearthfire....... and Patch 1.8, Escapist, would you care to add that to the OP?

Okay two things.
First: That Daedric...thing in the second screen shot is almost exactly what I envisioned when I first heard about Sheogorath.
Second: YAY! The Boba Fett armor is back!

Oh
Oh
OH MY GOD MORROWIND ARCHITECTURE AND NETCHES AND BONEMOLD

Three words that open both my wallet and my pants, for unrelated reasons. Shame St. Jiub killed all the Cliff Racers, It'd be kinda nostalgic to see one in Skyrim.

joshuaayt:
Oh
Oh

Three words that open both my wallet and my pants, for unrelated reasons. Shame St. Jiub killed all the Cliff Racers, It'd be kinda nostalgic to see one in Skyrim.

Well, remember.

>_> All the dragons got killed too....

Imp Emissary:

joshuaayt:
Oh
Oh

Well, remember.

>_> All the dragons got killed too....

Then Alduin started ressurecting them. Which leads me to a scarier thought...

Seeing a cliff racer ressurect one of its own. Then multiplying. OMG.....

Well I was completely disinterested in the uh... vampire-y one and even less interested in half-assed house customization, but this...

A legitimately relevant new story in a new (to Skyrim, anyway) location with the prospect of taming dragons?

Count me in.

Beffudled Sheep:

Xan Krieger:

SupahGamuh:
The title is a bit misleading, isn't it?, it's not exactly Morrowind, but near Morrowind.

Other than that, the DLC sounds like lots of fun, I'll definitely be checking it out.

I was surprised to see those big crab shells normally found in Redoran owned areas in Solstheim. Thought those only existed on the main island, especially as it seems it'd be a pain to move.

I guess after Vaardenfell got blown the eff up they decided to relocate.

It has been 200 years since oblivion afterall. Plenty of time to move some crab shells me thinks.

OT: YES, YES, YES! Oh wait why am I getting excited? I made the mistake of getting the ps3 version :(

But if Bethesda fix the problems they have with the ps3 then OMG WANTWANTWANT!

Well, to be fair, the Morrowind game took place on the major isle, but there is in fact a section of the mainland that is part of Morrowind, I'm guess this is where that takes place.

Edit: I responded to you and never put in my opinion about the overall story. So here goes:

I can't wait to play this. I think I played Morrowind for two solid years. And I miss some of the wonder of the area.

Ralen-Sharr:
screenshot #2 - so the first dragonborn was Cthulhu? That's freaky as hell looking.

I think that is supposed to be the Daedric Prince Hermaeus Mora.

Unless you can train multiple dragons, I'm not really interested in dragon taming. One dragon = pet. 20 dragons = siege army. Hell even the idea of getting 3 dragons trolling with you would be amazing, even if it would cause the world's bandwidth to heave and collapse.

Captcha: buckle your shoe. Can the player kick dragons to death now?

The7Sins:

Ralen-Sharr:
screenshot #2 - so the first dragonborn was Cthulhu? That's freaky as hell looking.

I think that is supposed to be the Daedric Prince Hermaeus Mora.

The trailer shows that the player fights the monster in the screenshot, so I highly doubt it's Hermaeus Mora (see spoiler for reason). Also, the only similarities are that Mora has tentacles and Mora only has tentacles at the bottom of its mass (Mora has very little shape outside of the tentacles and crab arms).

Personally, I think it may be an Ascended Sleeper from Morrowind. Which leads me to believe the main quest of the DLC may have something to do with the last remnants of Dagoth Ur. Of course, that's a big conclusion (that I've pulled out of nowhere), but it looks like an Ascended Sleeper without a robe.

Dat Bonemold armor. So secksay.

Also, in totally and completely unrelated news, I has new avatar.

Red mountain looks effing amazing.

Well we are getting a new dragonform thing that boosts shouts.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/skyrim/add-ons/
Key Features

Explore Beyond Skyrim
Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn's return.

Become the Ultimate Dragonborn
Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect - allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.

New Powers
Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.

New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more
Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.

That second pic... what the hell??

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Dovahkiin Solstheim wgah'nagl fhtagn.

SupahGamuh:
The title is a bit misleading, isn't it?, it's not exactly Morrowind, but near Morrowind.

Other than that, the DLC sounds like lots of fun, I'll definitely be checking it out.

EDIT: What I meant is that it's not exactly in the mainland of Morrowind, but at least it's the closest thing we'll ever get from Bethesda by making something that remotely resembles Morrowind with Skyrim's engine.

Wasn't Solstheim featured in one of Morrowind's expansion packs? I do agree though. I expected to see an actual return to Vvardenfell.

SajuukKhar:
Well we are getting a new dragonform thing that boosts shouts.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/skyrim/add-ons/
Key Features

Explore Beyond Skyrim
Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn's return.

Become the Ultimate Dragonborn
Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect - allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.

New Powers
Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.

New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more
Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.

"Ultimate Dragonborn," eh? Well, it certainly sounds cool, though I'm not sure how useful it'll be. And "New paths for your skills and abilities," huh? Wonder what those'll do. Maybe add new perks to certain skill trees? If they do that it looks like I'll have to re-roll my character again so I can get full optimization. At the very least, though, I'll be able to make a cosplay character named Kain using spears and whatnot, assuming they're player-usable weapons.

Spiritofpower:

"Ultimate Dragonborn," eh? Well, it certainly sounds cool, though I'm not sure how useful it'll be. And "New paths for your skills and abilities," huh? Wonder what those'll do. Maybe add new perks to certain skill trees? If they do that it looks like I'll have to re-roll my character again so I can get full optimization. At the very least, though, I'll be able to make a cosplay character named Kain using spears and whatnot, assuming they're player-usable weapons.

Bethesda really wont add skills/perks in the game.

What most people I've talked to belive is that there is a new "shout" perk tree, that works similar to how the lycanthropy, and Vampire, perk trees added in dawnguard work.

SajuukKhar:

Bethesda really wont add skills/perks in the game.

What most people I've talked to belive is that there is a new "shout" perk tree, that works similar to how the lycanthropy, and Vampire, perk trees added in dawnguard work.

So, what you're saying is that this "Dragon Aspect," is basically a transformation like Werewolf and Vampire Lord? Or that "Dragon Aspect," adds a new perk tree that can be filled by using Shouts or something?

Well, assuming it's a transformation, this might just be the first one of those I actually use full-time, instead of just as a one-off novelty.

Spiritofpower:

So, what you're saying is that this "Dragon Aspect," is basically a transformation like Werewolf and Vampire Lord? Or that "Dragon Aspect," adds a new perk tree that can be filled by using Shouts or something?

Well, assuming it's a transformation, this might just be the first one of those I actually use full-time, instead of just as a one-off novelty.

The former, not the latter.

SajuukKhar:

The former, not the latter.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. Now back to being massively hyped for this DLC!

*Runs off in a random direction celebrating in a decidedly loud and obnoxious way*

Baresark:

Beffudled Sheep:

Xan Krieger:
I was surprised to see those big crab shells normally found in Redoran owned areas in Solstheim. Thought those only existed on the main island, especially as it seems it'd be a pain to move.

I guess after Vaardenfell got blown the eff up they decided to relocate.

It has been 200 years since oblivion afterall. Plenty of time to move some crab shells me thinks.

OT: YES, YES, YES! Oh wait why am I getting excited? I made the mistake of getting the ps3 version :(

But if Bethesda fix the problems they have with the ps3 then OMG WANTWANTWANT!

Well, to be fair, the Morrowind game took place on the major isle, but there is in fact a section of the mainland that is part of Morrowind, I'm guess this is where that takes place.

Edit: I responded to you and never put in my opinion about the overall story. So here goes:

I can't wait to play this. I think I played Morrowind for two solid years. And I miss some of the wonder of the area.

Yeah it's an island off of the cost of Vaardenfell. We haven't seen Morrowind proper (the mainland) yet :(

I'm super psyched for it too. Morrowind is in my top 5 games ever played and it will definitely breathe some life into skyrim.

edit: I derped, one of the expansions for Morrowind took place on the mainland. We still haven't explored most of the mainland though.

Beffudled Sheep:
We haven't seen Morrowind proper (the mainland) yet :(

I'm super psyched for it too. Morrowind is in my top 5 games ever played and it will definitely breathe some life into skyrim.

The Tribunal expansion took place on the Morrowind mainland.

SajuukKhar:

Beffudled Sheep:
We haven't seen Morrowind proper (the mainland) yet :(

The Tribunal expansion took place on the Morrowind mainland.

Derp thats right. I only played that expansion once (didn't care much for it) and I completely forgot about it. Thanks for reminding/correcting me! Now to go edit my post.

Are those... clothes that are actually appropriate for living in a cold climate? You mean, people don't just walk around half naked in the wintertime?

Morrowind with Skyrim? Soooo...there will be Draugr riding Cliffracers?

Aaaaw who am I kidding? It'd be worth it to visit crab shaped houses and surly Dark Elves!

Well, I'm excited for this. Mainly because MOTHER FUCKING BULL NETCHES, BITCHES!!!!

I'mma take down ALL those flying jellyfish bastards! All I need is a spear and I can re-create 90% of my Morrowind experience in Skyrim!

So it's back to Bloodmoon? Cool I suppose, I like the idea of seeing a high-def version of Morrowind-like areas. Also finally, dragon riding :)

Wish I was more excited, but I think I will wait until all DLC is released to get this. I am worn out on Skyrim.

I for one am stoked to see a dragon fighting a bull netch.

weirdguy:

darth nader:
Soooo.....will there be cliff racers??

well, st jiub did kill them all, according to the legends

but as we all know that kind of thing is never permanent in tamriel

Omg the Racerborn just imagine that for a sec eh?

Radoh:

SupahGamuh:

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but is Solstheim not within the Vvardenfell district, therefore in Morrowind?
And besides, it's pretty much the closest thing you can get to Vvardenfell before you get to wake up and smell the ashes.

Yes, at least in third era Solstheim was independent island
But a lot has changed, so maybe it is Morrowind now (expecially knowing that it would be most obvious choice for refugees from northern Vvardenfell)

My money. Take it. Take it all. I don't care that I'm broke, I will find a way to pay for this DLC. So much Morrowind-ness and Dunmer love! I'm SO EXCITED!

Super excited, loved Morrowind

I never really played Morrowind, I plan to install it on my laptop and play it slowly on that - but I still think this is very cool - it's good to see the fans getting what they want for once, what they deserve. We don't need hats or panda's, we need games with real depth and a sense of culture to them, real games for real gamers :).

Other than the stupid dragon mounts this DLC looks absolutely amazing. also, we're going to Apocrypha? Holy shit!

The Azura fanboy in me wants to see Moonshadow though.
At any rate I should play Skyrim again and finish the main quest line and Dawnguard. So I can get ready for this.

By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!!

My wallet, body and PC and so ready.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook