Thanksgiving Assassin's Creed III Patch Promises Lots of Fixes

Thanksgiving Assassin's Creed III Patch Promises Lots of Fixes

Connor's hood will return to normal after turkey day thanks to a slew of improvements for Assassin's Creed III.

Next Thursday is Thanksgiving in North America, and gamers may want to give thanks to Ubisoft's turkey day Assassin's Creed III patch. Though Assassin's Creed III does a lot of things well, many players have experienced glitches in both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. Responding to feedback received on forums and social networks, Ubisoft has announced the Thanksgiving patch for Assassin's Creed III, which promises to fix dozens of issues across the single-player and multiplayer gameplay.

Gamers will be relieved to find that the patch returns "Connor's hood to normal behavior," but even more importantly, it claims to fix "rare occurrences of glitches blocking your progression in the main story and secondary missions." There are also tweaks to improve multiplayer connections and rankings, fixes for various visual glitches, and a few system-specific changes for PS3 and Xbox 360.

The full list of changes, most of which are for both platforms, can be found here; be warned, you might run into spoilers if you're not that far into Assassin's Creed III. I found this note to be particularly interesting: "SINGLE-PLAYER - Reduced difficulty of certain chases." All I'm saying is, that better refer to Sequence 8.

Source: Ubisoft forums

Sarah LeBoeuf:
I found this note to be particularly interesting: "SINGLE-PLAYER - Reduced difficulty of certain chases." All I'm saying is, that better refer to Sequence 8.

No kidding. That chase is frustrating.

I had a hard time with that chase until, instead of plowing through the part where the guards block your path as you come out of the alley, I took a left, then my first right. Ran right into him as I came around the corner. Just a tip. Who knows, I may have just gotten lucky.

Thank god, cos I really have never seen a more glitch filled game than this.

(now imagine someone saying this without moving their lips)

Sequence 8... *sideshow bob shiver* God that was too long. An hour I will never get back. And its about God damn time, and before anyone says this came out fast, maybe they should have just fucking proof read the game better.

I'm glad I'm waiting to play AC3. By the time I get around to it, they'll hopefully have patched all of the major glitches.

I'm sorry, but this should immediately disqualify this game for any form of GOTY award. Maybe "patched game of the year" would be a better award show for it.

Of course.

I just finished Sequence 8 and now there's a patch for it. Damn that chase was annoying and I know I failed it way more than I thought I should have, but better then than never.

No one should have to deal with that, no one.

"Next Thursday is Thanksgiving in North America"

No it isn't next Thursday is only thanksgiving for the US. Canada had thanksgiving a month ago.

It's little things like this that give the US a bad rap

There is not a single mention of the dual-wielding pistol glitch, the disappearing sword glitch, or any instance where a speaking character's mouth would not move.

This first two are a necessity, the last one just creeps me the hell out.

Fiz_The_Toaster:
Of course.

I just finished Sequence 8 and now there's a patch for it. Damn that chase was annoying and I know I failed it way more than I thought I should have, but better then than never.

Hear, hear!

Although I seem to have had a different problem altogether: the first few times I caught up to him quite early, and was desynchronized due to "losing an ally".

Then the last time, the game refuse to let me assassinate. I had to resort to swinging my tomahawk like madman until the plot advanced.

Scrythe:

Fiz_The_Toaster:
Of course.

Hear, hear!

Although I seem to have had a different problem altogether: the first few times I caught up to him quite early, and was desynchronized due to "losing an ally".

Then the last time, the game refuse to let me assassinate. I had to resort to swinging my tomahawk like madman until the plot advanced.

One time I ran right through him, and some how he got away from me.

The last time I got him I was just swinging like a madman (madwoman, whatever) too.

I was so angry by that point. XD

When i played sequence 8 the guy i was supposed to chase bugged out and i could easily catch him.
Apparently i am really lucky.

Im glad I was already able to 100% it... but damn would I have been happy with alot of those patches.

aba1:
"Next Thursday is Thanksgiving in North America"

No it isn't next Thursday is only thanksgiving for the US. Canada had thanksgiving a month ago.

It's little things like this that give the US a bad rap

That's what I was going to say too. Not to mention places like Mexico and the rest of North America where they don't even celebrate Thanksgiving...

I'm just glad they're patching the Encyclopedia of the Common Man mission. That took way too long for the game to not count it.

You mean it will make AC 3 finally an game about assassination?

ciancon:
Thank god, cos I really have never seen a more glitch filled game than this.

(now imagine someone saying this without moving their lips)

Which planet were you on when Skyrim came out?

OT: Good to hear about the Smoke Bomb, it was annoying sometimes when you could be assassinated from behind despite having deployed it in time.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here