Even Strippers Think Hitman's Saints Are Silly

Pages PREV 1 2

Maybe they weren't meant to be seen as strippers. Maybe the girls in the trailer were just...angry, classy whores.

Yeah, I know. I know.

This is what the 24 hour news cycle has reduced us to. Why the hell are we asking a stripper what she thinks of assassins in fetish wear? And couldn't they find one less obnoxious. She has a profession that is so prone to judgement from self righteous people that she won't even use her real name and then proceeds to pass judgement on the game and the makers of it.

random f/b comment: "must be a really slow news day....."

i lol-ed

I am kind of upset that they took that mission from the game out now. Honestly, who cares if it makes sense. Where were the witches guild of America when Bayonnetta was using her DEMONIC hair as a weapon as well as her clothes? Did the Crips complained when you could start a gang war naked, using only a purple dildo as your weapon in Saints Row 3? I never heard the Army say how 360 no-scopes are not real military tactics, and would be unethical on the battle field. If you don't like how someone makes their game, don't buy it. Simple as that. I never played a Hitman game, but this russles my jimmies so hard for ever even being an issue.

Somehow i feel like robin williams would take the lead role for seals with heels. His 2nd in command would be terry crews. Someone make this happen.

Wait we still are going about Hitman?
If there can be armored exoskeleton-bikinis in media then I don't see how gang composed as fetishist dressed up as nuns is much more stranger.

I didn't think they were strippers, but rather assassins disguised as strippers... disguised as nuns... Which is kinda kickass! Nothing is taboo! Nothing!

I'd walk around like that in public... Just saying!

VanQQisH:
People are taking all this shit way too seriously. Lighten the hell up, people. It's seriously like all the Moms of America have started playing games recently and voicing their concern for the children. Does anyone have that Maud Flanders reaction image? I think it suits this whole situation well.

EXACTLY.

Hitman ALWAYS HAD SEXY WOMEN ASSASSINS.

Hell, Blood Money had TWO. And one of them barely had a thin strip of white cloth covering her nipples and vag.

It took, what, SIX YEARS for people to NOTICE?

I'm just glad that people are finally rolling their eyes at these kinds of things. It shows that we have made progress.

Can't help but notice that she said "Most of the strippers I knew...", and not "None of the strippers I knew...".

Also; It's a game. Shooting babies in the face in space is okay. Stripper nuns? No go.

And it isn't you being mature that you're against this sort of thing. Maturity would be knowing that it's a game and has no impact on anything anywhere.

I find it ironic how the outrage concerning that trailer is almost as absurd and silly as the trailer itself.

Now we have a stripper's opinion on it too, and that's fucking hilarious.

Wow, you mean the stripper didn't think much of the latex-clad nuns with guns in some videogame. Fuck sake, is this really newsworthy guys.

While we're at it, let's have a pop at every Angelina Jolie movie ever made, let's take all that very seriously because some people are too stupid to make the distinction between reality and fun.

Those nuns are fun, I'd rather spend time with them, than some tired old stripper, reality or not. Isn't it a bit rich for someone who would sell their body, to comment on people who would sell a virtual idea of some women... as if she has the moral high ground because her misery is seeded in reality.

Which is worse - adding fake latex-assasin nuns to an adult videogame, or selling your body for a few crumpled dollars. Sorry, but if we start listening to people like Athena, then we're all fucked - as fucked as Athena and her wafer thin opinion.

Acrisius:
I find it ironic how the outrage concerning that trailer is almost as absurd and silly as the trailer itself.

Now we have a stripper's opinion on it too, and that's fucking hilarious.

We still need opinions from:
> The pope
> Obama
> Justin Beiber
> YMCA
> SPCA
> Robert Rodriguez

And they will all get their own news post.

I see that the controversy surrounding this trailer is still as ridiculous as it was when it first came out.

Devoneaux:

VanQQisH:
People are taking all this shit way too seriously. Lighten the hell up, people. It's seriously like all the Moms of America have started playing games recently and voicing their concern for the children. Does anyone have that Maud Flanders reaction image? I think it suits this whole situation well.

No it's not, it's like people have suddenly grown up and can't help but just roll their eyes at the stripper nun commandos saying "Really?"

But that's a matter of perspective, what isn't is that the trailer itself is a bad trailer.

What does the absolution trailer actually tell you about the game (Other than there's nun soldiers in it) Nothing, you learn nothing of the plot, you see no game play, no in game footage, no nothing. It's just a developer team showing off how awesome they are.

Like they were the first developpers to do that . Ever see E3?

OT: I liked it . It was entertaining . And this shit is getting blown out of proportion .

Wait, where's the controversy? This really isn't that big of a deal. IO shouldn't have even bother apologizing to these over-sensitive politically correct assholes.

["What kind of Christians are they?" Athena wondered. "Republicans?"]

Stripper burn.

This issue aside... Did anyone else notice that now even strippers are calling Republicans out on their moral authority?

cynicalandbored:

You're a dude... I just thought I'd remind you of that.

EVERYONE GRAB YOUR PITCH FORKS, SOMETHING SILLY IS HAPPENING IN A WORK OF FICTION.

Thank god these people haven't seen Spongebob Squarepants.

Farther than stars:

cynicalandbored:

Yeah, but I look fantastic in slutty dresses.

cynicalandbored:

Farther than stars:

cynicalandbored:

Some men do; I've never tried it, but I'm going to work from the assumption that I do not.

Farther than stars:

cynicalandbored:

Farther than stars:

Some men do; I've never tried it, but I'm going to work from the assumption that I do not.

I feel this conversation may be getting to personal. :P Although, I thought I'd look ridiculous in a dress, but it turns out I make a very convincing woman... Got felt up and all!

OT, of course strippers don't dress like that all the time, just when they're working...

Who the hell cares what strippers think?

OneBig Man:
I am kind of upset that they took that mission from the game out now. Honestly, who cares if it makes sense. Where were the witches guild of America when Bayonnetta was using her DEMONIC hair as a weapon as well as her clothes? Did the Crips complained when you could start a gang war naked, using only a purple dildo as your weapon in Saints Row 3? I never heard the Army say how 360 no-scopes are not real military tactics, and would be unethical on the battle field. If you don't like how someone makes their game, don't buy it. Simple as that. I never played a Hitman game, but this russles my jimmies so hard for ever even being an issue.

They didn't take it out off the game, they just took the nun costumes off the strippers/assassins. And it is quite a fun mission.

I wonder how come the part were all the real nuns in the game get horrifically slaughtered wasn't made into such a big controversy??? I did not like that mission though because you lose points for killing the people who did it because they were not in your contract.

This again? Okay. It's a video game. WHO CARES.

I've beat people down with blow up dolls, sprayed poo all over buildings and people with a septic truck, landed an attack chopper inside a highrise office building, drove a sports car through a mall, pimped out a police swat van, and blasted fools with my pimpcane/shotgun. And that was just one game.

Stripper assassins? Meh.

Blind Sight:
Wait, wait, wait...are you telling me that the Hitman series (which previously included such gameplay as dousing a celebrity's panties with chloroform so that when her bodyguard would go to sniff them he'd be knocked out) is silly? Well stop the presses.

Seriously, Hitman's always had a bit of weird humour and exploitation in it, it's nothing new. If that's your thing, good for you. If that's not your thing, good for you too. But this asinine back-and-forth over it will go nowhere because it always devolves into personal attacks about maturity, sexism, etc. The most mature response for both parties to to accept the fact that entertainment is subjective and move on.

Oi, You there, yeah you, who said you could bring that kind of attitude here?! This is an internet controversy, we don't like your responsible, mature adult attitudes here! Geez, how are games ever going to be taken seriously as an art form if we let maturity into our ranks!

Ahem, back on topic now, I watched the trailer once, my longest thought was "I don't even want to know where she hid the RPG-7" then I went back to Minecraft, I think I'm in the wrong thread.

Really we're beating this dead horse again? Who cares what the strippers think? Why is this newsworthy? I thought we were through with this.

It was a eye-roll worthy trailer that somehow made controversy. It's been discussed to death, and it doesn't look like the stripper added anything new.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 49190)