Czech President Issues Appeal For Arma 3 Devs

Pages PREV 1 2

The one problem I have with this is greece who the fuck wants to go to war with you, we are in a relative time of peace (except for the middle east and protests) and you're worried about espionage... its not like its the cold war or anything

Pat8u:
The one problem I have with this is greece who the fuck wants to go to war with you, we are in a relative time of peace (except for the middle east and protests) and you're worried about espionage... its not like its the cold war or anything

If you listen to AlbinoBoo's tinfoil hat stuff apparently they are afraid turkey is going to set them up the bomb or some such

Oh Greece, you are funny. You at it again you cheeky scamps. Awww, I remember you did the same with a bunch of plane spotters who took photos of planes. You took them to court and everything, wasting taxpayers money.... Greece and your money troubles lurking about, your like a toddler with dads credit card.

albino boo:
Well perhaps the Czech government should take action about its citizens going foreign countries, photographing military installations while selling military training. http://products.bisimulations.com/training

This is so funny :-D

It seems like we want to sell the info while all we are going to do is to study aforementioned info and use it during our mad conquest of Greece. Because, you know, we always craved for bit of a sea shore and everything north of us is just too cold.

Oh, silly Greece...

"Once you have scrubbed all the floors in Athens, then we can speak about mercy! Take them away!"

imageWhy do people keep expecting a reasoned response from a country that lets Nazis run amok? Like, literally Nazis as in a group run by people who go to memorials commemorating Hitler and meet with Fascists from other countries and are led by a guy who used to run a pro-Nazi magazine with the exact same name and claims that all references to gas chambers being used in WWII are false. People who have been photographed doing the classic Heil Hitler. Oh, they CLAIM they're not, of course.

Seriously. Look at them. These are the guys who are saying "We're not really Nazis, that's silly." THESE GUYS RIGHT HERE.

Raiyan 1.0:

Baldr:
Arma 3 is not a defense. They work for a company that is known to sell military intelligence. The United States has the same law against photography of sensitive military installations(even from public areas).

When you can't distinguish between tools (here, simulations like ArmA and VBS) and intelligence, I suggest you keep out of conversations like this.

VBS is a realistic Military Simulator that uses real world data and only sold to Militaries. Military Intelligence is information collection and analysis approaches to provide guidance and direction to commanders in support of their decisions. That exactly what VBS is design for.

I think we've got some of those "Golden Dawn" neo-Nazis loose in this thread.

And a little thought exercise for the two nimrods supporting this travesty of justice. Lockheed also makes military simulators. Should all Lockheed employees who visit Limnos be arrested, just in case they work for the division that makes military simulators, and just in case they take a photograph with the Mayor of Limnos' cow in the background?

Baldr:

Raiyan 1.0:

Baldr:
Arma 3 is not a defense. They work for a company that is known to sell military intelligence. The United States has the same law against photography of sensitive military installations(even from public areas).

When you can't distinguish between tools (here, simulations like ArmA and VBS) and intelligence, I suggest you keep out of conversations like this.

VBS is a realistic Military Simulator that uses real world data and only sold to Militaries. Military Intelligence is information collection and analysis approaches to provide guidance and direction to commanders in support of their decisions. That exactly what VBS is design for.

Real world data publicly available. Military agencies will not trust critical intelligence they gathered to a foreign developer that also happens to sell tools to other foreign militaries.

And these are ArmA developers, not VBS.

The Rogue Wolf:
I could understand this sort of kerfluffle happening if, say, Americans blundered into Iran or North Korea. But Greece? Arresting Czech tourists for espionage? World's gone topsy-turvy these days.

Greece still thinks they have relevance. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Raiyan 1.0:

Baldr:

Raiyan 1.0:

Real world data publicly available. Military agencies will not trust critical intelligence they gathered to a foreign developer that also happens to sell tools to other foreign militaries.

Arma or VBS, doesn't matter, it is the same company in the eyes of any countries' law. We don't know what it is VBS, it not exactly publicly available. There could be classified stuff from any country in there.

Baldr:
There could be classified stuff from any country in there.

The idea that the pictures taken were of "classified stuff" is absolute bullshit. Anything classified should not be located right next to a major airport nor visible from a public space. The fact that you can easily find images of the airport on the internet certainly doesn't help.

Though, I've looked at some of those internet images, so I could just be a Turkish commander preparing my assault of the country no one ever gave a shit about.

Baldr:

Raiyan 1.0:

Baldr:

Arma or VBS, doesn't matter, it is the same company in the eyes of any countries' law. We don't know what it is VBS, it not exactly publicly available. There could be classified stuff from any country in there.

Oh yeah, sure. American and Australian military handing over classified intelligence to a Czech developer. Could happen.

Baldr:

Lockheed Martin and EADS also makes military simulators as I said in my earlier post. Should they be arresting all Lockheed and EADS employees who visit Limnos, just in case they behave suspiciously around the Mayor's cow?

EDIT: fixed quote

Baldr:

Raiyan 1.0:

Baldr:

You do realize that anything that they got on a drive by on a public road of what any member of the public can see is nothing compared to what you can see via google maps right?

Formica Archonis:
Why do people keep expecting a reasoned response from a country that lets Nazis run amok? Like, literally Nazis as in a group run by people who go to memorials commemorating Hitler and meet with Fascists from other countries and are led by a guy who used to run a pro-Nazi magazine with the exact same name and claims that all references to gas chambers being used in WWII are false. People who have been photographed doing the classic Heil Hitler. Oh, they CLAIM they're not, of course.

Seriously. Look at them. These are the guys who are saying "We're not really Nazis, that's silly." THESE GUYS RIGHT HERE.

Meanwhile, in Greece

Andrew_C:

Raiyan 1.0:

Lockheed Martin and EADS also makes military simulators as I said in my earlier post. Should they be arresting all Lockheed and EADS employees who visit Limnos, just in case they behave suspiciously around the Mayor's cow?

Ummm, you messed up your quoting. I was the one pointing out that calling Bohemia an intelligence agency for multiple sovereign military is ridiculous.

Raiyan 1.0:

Ummm, you messed up your quoting. I was the one pointing out that calling Bohemia an intelligence agency for multiple sovereign military is ridiculous.

Oops, sorry about that! Thanks for spotting it.

Raiyan 1.0:

Baldr:

Raiyan 1.0:

Oh yeah, sure. American and Australian military handing over classified intelligence to a Czech developer. Could happen.

Out of the 196 countries, there bound to be something that someone considers classified. Of course they are not really going to get access to more powerful militaries like the US(unless they hand it over.

Andrew_C:

Baldr:

EDIT: fixed quote

If they were taking pictures of Military installations, I wouldn't see a problem with them being arrested.

Baldr:
If they were taking pictures of Military installations, I wouldn't see a problem with them being arrested.

Even if they took it from public space where the Military Installation was clearly visible from a major airport? The guards shouldn't, you know, ask to see the camera to delete the pictures or just let them go? Does snapping a few pictures of something any tourist could see warrant an actual arrest, just because the dipshits claim it could be used as information for an attack?

Not that anyone really would attack there, because no one wants to touch the worthless growth coming off Europe when there are relevant nations to attack. Maybe when all those Nazis have finished consolidating their power and pissing off more of the international community, then they can start worrying about not just an attack, but an invasion.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here