Couple Celebrates Wedding by Murdering Virtual Girlfriend

Pages PREV 1 2

People are taking this seriously?

Really?

Oh internet, you never fail to surprise me :D

OT: I can just picture the guy keeping all the pieces from the broken game, then repairing the game, rather poorly, and starting some kind of sordid affair with the technological equivalent of a corpse...

Love Plus Hammer, the exciting new entry into the series. A Virtual Reality game where you roleplay as a dude who've gotten way too attached to a virtual girl, who suddenly get married to a woman who takes "her" even more seriously. Hilarity and possibly sectioning ensues.

Lunar Templar:

TopazFusion:
I wonder if they'll get arrested for murder?

i had a funnier thought, if he'd just traded the game in at gamestop or what ever they have like that there, would that count as slave trading?

It just raises too many questions....XD

Ftaghn To You Too:
All in all, falling that much in love with a fictional character is a bit worrying.

Sadly, billions of people all over this planet do just that. It's called religion.

Next he should hand her his spine, testicles, privacy, dignity, pride, fantasy, desire, pretty much everything that he enjoys or owns for himself because she's made her mark, and he is her bitch now.

Now if it had been her things and he demanded she destroy them for him he'd be a monster.

You know, Dr.Krieger is crying right now, and it's this couple's fault.

canadamus_prime:

Grey Carter:
"Today's Japanese youth can't express their true feelings in reality. They can only do it in the virtual world," he told CNN. "It's the reverse of reality that they can only talk about what they feel to a friend in the virtual world.

And the Japanese don't see this as a problem that needs to be addressed? *scratches head in bewilderment*

Anyway, smashing a game cartridge containing a virtual girlfriend at your wedding seems a bit excessive to me.

They do.

They just keep pointing fingers at the wrong things. They'd rather blame video games rather than addressing just how closed their society is. It's considered rude to be critical of almost anything in a public forum.

And I wouldn't want to kill my virtual ex for the same reason I wouldn't want to take a hammer to my car. Yes, you can have healthy relationships with completely innadament objects. No, its not the same thing as a relationship with a human being.

DiamanteGeeza:

Ftaghn To You Too:
All in all, falling that much in love with a fictional character is a bit worrying.

Sadly, billions of people all over this planet do just that. It's called religion.

no one cares that you don't believe in god
please be quiet
your boring

don't make have to break out the " there is no proof he doesn't exist either so your militant atheism is just as invalid as religious beliefs" belt, i will

Imperator_DK:
Love Plus Hammer, the exciting new entry into the series. A Virtual Reality game where you roleplay as a dude who've gotten way too attached to a virtual girl, who suddenly get married to a woman who takes "her" even more seriously. Hilarity and possibly sectioning ensues.

5 bucks its a visual novel that has been turned to an anime or it will be

I would love to see a followup headline:
Couple jailed for public brutal murder of virtual girlfriend.

Would suck for them, but the shit-storm it would cause would be rather entertaining.

Hrm... seems his virtual girlfriend was not the only thing of his to be murdered.

If this was some errant occurrence it really wouldnt make a difference, but the question is, why is this essentially a prerequisite? While the virtual girlfriend might be a new variant, its always been there. Some destruction of ones past to humble themselves before the new love?

Yeah, serious issues indeed.

That's so cruel towards his virtual girlfriend...
I mean what happened to just breaking up?
No, we're going directly to murder!

So Japan is weird, uh? How about a country which can't physicall make a movie or game which doesn't involve guns shooting?

xdiesp:
So Japan is weird, uh? How about a country which can't physicall make a movie or game which doesn't involve guns shooting?

I must have missed that scene in Singing in the rain, Lion King, Lord of the Rings...

hm... and why they didn't just erased the save file?

The same effect with less destruction. Also do like other relationships, let the game go with a friend, or a friend of a friend, or a friend of a friend of a friend, or... you get the idea.

...Yikes, I know it's symbolic and all... but that's going a bit too far, isn't it? Eh, whatever...

The Tall Nerd:

DiamanteGeeza:

Ftaghn To You Too:

please be quiet
your boring

don't make have to break out the " there is no proof he doesn't exist either so your militant atheism is just as invalid as religious beliefs" belt, i will

Clearly you do. Stop being so angry.

(And it's "you're", not "your")

I think it's strange that someone would admit to all their friends and relatives, even sweet old gran-gran, that they have been maintaining a virtual girlfriend.

The world is ever more becoming like one big article on theOnion.com.

DiamanteGeeza:

The Tall Nerd:

DiamanteGeeza:

please be quiet
your boring

eh i care more than you that you wasted time on that statement, and would prefer you not to do that in the future, rather than you actually caring in god, when you say stuff like that your like one of those people who ask " do you know of Jesus our lord and savior".

Prediction: The next version of Love Plus will let you kill your 2D girl in gameplay. Complete with gore and screaming. :p

A Virtual Girlfriend, as in , she doesn't exist at-all??? WTF... This guy needs psychological guidance...

ace_of_something:
I think it's strange that someone would admit to all their friends and relatives, even sweet old gran-gran, that they have been maintaining a virtual girlfriend.

It's Japan, they have giant robots, and while we argue if iOS is better or not than Android they're using "cellphones" connected directly to their brains. Sometimes a few dinosaurs from Australia invade their country, but their robots always destroy the damn animals.
In other words: this guy made a mistake, cause that ex is going to take her consciousness inside an android (not the phone), and have some sweet revenge on the happy couple.

The Tall Nerd:

DiamanteGeeza:

The Tall Nerd:

please be quiet
your boring

eh i care more than you that you wasted time on that statement, and would prefer you not to do that in the future, rather than you actually caring in god, when you say stuff like that your like one of those people who ask " do you know of Jesus our lord and savior".

For the second time: it's "you're like", not "your like".

Clearly one of your beliefs is not grammar.

Nihlus2:
This sounds like the prologue to a bad horror movie. Only thing missing is the blow from the hammer short circuiting the game, making the virtual girl sentient, then setting out on a quest of vengeance.

haha glad i wasnt the only one to go there

Hm. Go watch Wreck-It Ralph and then read this article again. :P

More seriously, what she forced him to do was definitely wrong. She put him on the spot in front of everyone at their wedding to break a game (while crying) that he clearly really enjoyed. Even if it was strange that he treated it as a virtual girlfriend, she handled it in the worst possible way.

DiamanteGeeza:

The Tall Nerd:

DiamanteGeeza:

or rather its the internet and not a term paper

I don't know what's funnier
The fact that the engaged man had a virtual girlfriend.
Or the fact that his fiance was jealous of a DS cartridge.

In other news, man eats toast for breakfast.

Seriously, the fuck is this even news?

I'm Japanese.
We're believing that every object in the world has their own spirits & lives .
So some people feels it is a kind of murder .

Maybe, they should stop ostracizing otaku like the plague and then maybe shit like this won't happen anymore.

The Tall Nerd:

DiamanteGeeza:

The Tall Nerd:

or rather its the internet and not a term paper

FYI: "it's", not "its".

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook