Angry Birds Star Wars Lands on Hoth in New Update

Angry Birds Star Wars Lands on Hoth in New Update

Fly high as Princess Leia in 20 new levels.

If you happen to be a fan of both the Angry Birds and Star Wars franchises, there's a good chance you've spent some time with developer Rovio's latest mobile hit. But if you've already mastered the first two available worlds - Tatooine and the Death Star - you'll be happy to hear that the first level update is now live, adding Hoth to the list of playable planets.

Like the previous level sets, Hoth features a ton of familiar Star Wars enemies and structures, including evil pigs in Snowtrooper garb and even probe droids. But fear not, it's not just new enemies being introduced in the update; A new bird modeled after Princess Leia also joins the ranks. This tiny pink avian warrior is capable of pulling down buildings and throwing enemy pigs high into the sky which, put simply, is quite satisfying.

The Hoth update is a free download, but only adds half of the planet's 40 total levels. The rest of the frozen planet will be unlocked in a future update.

Slow news day?

Oooooooh I get chills just thinking about it!

poiumty:
Slow news day?

Letting people know one of the best-selling games of the year got an update that adds new levels for free? Yeah, SUPER slow news day ;)

poiumty:
Slow news day?

More like SNOW news day.

MikeWehner:

poiumty:
Slow news day?

Letting people know one of the best-selling games of the year got an update that adds new levels for free? Yeah, SUPER slow news day ;)

Man, you're right. Look at all these people falling over themselves with excitement at this news post!

Like, barely an hour has passed and we're already on the... first... page? Well I guess everyone's just too busy playing it, right? After all, it is one of the best-selling cashcowsgames of the year.

Daaaah Whoosh:

poiumty:
Slow news day?

More like SNOW news day.

Hey Dvs BsTrD, you got a competitor for worst pun-maker on the internet. Gotta protect that crown, man.

poiumty:
snip

Your anger is adorable. <3

MikeWehner:

Sarcasm isn't something I use when I'm angry. Don't confuse my having fun with anger.

After all, you wouldn't want to be wrong on the internet, would you.

MikeWehner:

poiumty:
snip

Somewhat relevant.

I think this looks cool, actually. If I had a phone I'd consider getting it, but phones are the work of Satan so I don't.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here