Humble THQ Bundle Waves Bye-Bye to Indie - UPDATED

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

They added Warhammer 40k to it.

THQ is being really, really awesome this week.

Hey, the Dawn of War expansions need some love too >:(. I think we'll be seeing the Stalker games next, hell maybe even some of Relic's older games like Impossible Creatures and Homeworld.

another pleasant suprise when i checked my email.. dawn of war GOTY edition. not bad at all :)

Thank you for everything (Stalker) and goodbye, THQ. :D

Whoever has anything against the humble bundles because of this awesome deal: you deserve all the indie royale bundles you get.

Just got an email that WH40k DOW was added to the bundle, man THQ is just making me love them more and more.

Nouw:
Hey, the Dawn of War expansions need some love too >:(.

Well, it is the Gold edition, so you do get Winter Assault as well.

Seriously now, for measly 6 dollars or more, you're getting Company of heroes + two expansions, Metro 2033, Darksiders, Red Faction Armageddon + Path to War, Titan Quest, Saints Row the third and Dawn of War + Winter assault.

Can anyone seriously complain about that?

Product Placement:

Nouw:

Seriously now, for measly 6 dollars or more, you're getting Company of heroes + two expansions, Metro 2033, Darksiders, Red Faction Armageddon + Path to War, Titan Quest, Saints Row the third and Dawn of War + Winter assault.

haha never underestimate peoples ability to complain about things.

Product Placement:

Nouw:

Upon contemplation I suppose my post was a whine-ish, but that wasn't my intent. Considering all of the Company of Heroes expansions are featured, I figured why not the rest of the expansions for Dawn of War? Dark Crusade is probably one of the best Warhammer 40,000 games, boosted by its wealth of mods that are big enough to be considered a stand-alone game. It strikes me as odd not to include them that's all. Although I suppose they can simply buy it, not like it's expensive anyway. In fact, having written this I now understand why they didn't include the rest of the expansions. It makes perfect sense! I need to give them more credit than they're getting >.>.

Andy Chalk:
*SNIP*

Just a heads up, I got an e-mail saying Dawn of War GOTY edition has been added as a bonus as well, same deal as Saints Row 3 etc

EDIT: Looks like I was beaten to the mark lol

Nouw:

Product Placement:

Nouw:

Upon contemplation I suppose my post was a whine-ish, but that wasn't my intent. Considering all of the Company of Heroes expansions are featured, I figured why not the rest of the expansions for Dawn of War? Dark Crusade is probably one of the best Warhammer 40,000 games, boosted by its wealth of mods that are big enough to be considered a stand-alone game. It strikes me as odd not to include them that's all. Although I suppose they can simply buy it, not like it's expensive anyway. In fact, having written this I now understand why they didn't include the rest of the expansions. It makes perfect sense! I need to give them more credit than they're getting >.>.

For all we know the final expansions for DoW could be added within the next 2 days. Wouldn't put it past them.

The sad thing is, I've ended up paying less than I normally would, because there isn't one game by itself that I'd actually go out of my way to play :(

Still it's nice to see THQ doing this, even if it's a desperation move. It brings a lot of brand value, if they can just stick it out until the next sequels are released

THQ is evil XD After my first post, I bought another bundle for the boyfriend. I had no interest in the bundle aside from Darksiders, and he had most of the games already. And then...it happened. I did the worst thing ever. I ran Saints Row before trying the other games. 36 Hours of gameplay in, probably about five migraines from laughing too hard, countless incidents involving stolen tanks running over things, and horribly painful hands cause I can't stop playing, and the BF caved and wanted it too. If you haven't gotten this bundle yet, and you have not played Saints Row 3, then get it. The bundle is worth it just for that game.

And then they had the absolute gall to add Dawn of War to the pack! Another game that I had absolutely no interest in, but now that I've gotten it, I'm sure I will waste many hours in multiplayer just because I am sure I will get hopelessly addicted to it!

Thanks, THQ. You took a bunch of games that, in looking at them, I had absolutely no interest in and turned me into a fangirl.

Aariana:
And then they had the absolute gall to add Dawn of War to the pack! Another game that I had absolutely no interest in, but now that I've gotten it, I'm sure I will waste many hours in multiplayer just because I am sure I will get hopelessly addicted to it!

Bad idea, you will get demolished.

Carnagath:

Aariana:

Bad idea, you will get demolished.

Ah no worries, just playing with the boyfriend. He knows enough to be gentle on me for the first ten minutes or so until I get impatient and toss a nuke at him (that's usually how our Civ V games end up, at least)

Aariana:
THQ is evil XD After my first post, I bought another bundle for the boyfriend. I had no interest in the bundle aside from Darksiders, and he had most of the games already. And then...it happened. I did the worst thing ever. I ran Saints Row before trying the other games. 36 Hours of gameplay in, probably about five migraines from laughing too hard, countless incidents involving stolen tanks running over things, and horribly painful hands cause I can't stop playing, and the BF caved and wanted it too. If you haven't gotten this bundle yet, and you have not played Saints Row 3, then get it. The bundle is worth it just for that game.

Thanks, THQ. You took a bunch of games that, in looking at them, I had absolutely no interest in and turned me into a fangirl.

May I be the first to welcome you to the club :-) I suggest you check out Company of Heroes as its a WW2 version of dawn of war with some great improvements to the formula and grab Saints Row 2 as its as good as its sequal. Well, once you've recovered from those 2 first lol

captcha - light sleeper, yep I'm sure sleep is in short supply now :-)

Tossed in $25. Hard to believe the average is less than $6. That's less than what I have to pay for a sandwich over here. Don't know when I'll come around to actually playing the games though.

I totally would buy this, but I've owned all but one of these games for years now. The only one I'm missing is Red Faction Armageddon, which by all reports is just god-awful.

they said this is just an experiment, an extra if you will
and they have done other no indie games bundles (ebook and music)
sooo why is this thread here except to generate revenue for humble bundle? (and THQ)

rembrandtqeinstein:
Keep your eye on your GPU temps folks, titan quest has a serious problem of burning up video cards, and I don't think they ever addressed it.

It's more GPU intensive than Metro 2033? How is that even possible?

Aariana:

haha glad im not the only one who has had the exact same experience with the bundle.. loaded up saints row and 35 hours later yeah im hooked. something strangely pleasurable about attacking a national guard armory wearing a giant pink bear costume armed with a sex toy and you end up driving away in a stolen tank :D

a small update too. due to the bundles release THQ share prices have risen to $1.40 up from $1.06

wombat_of_war:
haha glad im not the only one who has had the exact same experience with the bundle.. loaded up saints row and 35 hours later yeah im hooked. something strangely pleasurable about attacking a national guard armory wearing a giant pink bear costume armed with a sex toy and you end up driving away in a stolen tank :D

a small update too. due to the bundles release THQ share prices have risen to $1.40 up from $1.06

Go play it in multiplayer if you haven't already. It's even more satisfying killing everything with that tank when you can have another person as a giant pink bear manning your turret! Also, car cannon is the best form of travel. ^^

Aariana:

wombat_of_war:

Go play it in multiplayer if you haven't already. It's even more satisfying killing everything with that tank when you can have another person as a giant pink bear manning your turret! Also, car cannon is the best form of travel. ^^

its such an immature game, so outrageous and the humour is completely childish and it rocks :D

CrossLOPER:

Zachary Amaranth:

So what? What obligation is there to help them out?

I'm not defending THQ. However, this HURR DURR I GAV 2 CHAIR IT EE self-congratulatory cheeky nonsense for reason xyz (not out of actual concern for those the charity is running for) is predictable bullshit.

You know what else is predictable? I raised specific points, and instead of addressing them, you decided to give a sort of boilerplate "I'm not defending them: sort of thing.

Not to mention, that's not really what RSD had said in the first place.

wombat_of_war:

Correlation does not imply causation. I do hope you understand that.

Since we're on the subject, though, since the peak THQ's stock price looks to be going down. And given it was a peak for all of about a day, it probably doesn't have to do with the Humble Bundle.

There was also a higher peak between about the 29th of last month and the third of this month. Higher peak for longer. Just saying, this probably has little to do with the HB.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here