Humble THQ Bundle Purchased Nearly 400,000 Times in One Day

Pages PREV 1 2

jacksonsspoi:

I can see your point and I even agree to some degree. However I think we should at least try to keep them afloat.

You can try, just understand it's mathematically unlikely. With over 20 million in losses last year and a further projection of more to come, with a damaged consumer base and investors shaken, it's not likely to help the company. They'd need ten times what the Bundle had brought in as of yesterday to offset the losses alone, and that assumes they got every penny. They would still have to restore consumer confidence and shareholder confidence, which cannot be readily fixed with money. Or, rather, not by getting it from a Humble Bundle.

They are desperate, and if you want to buy their games and support them, Godspeed. Personally, I'm ambivalent. If THQ fails, they'll sell off their assets and their franchises will likely rise in other locales. This might even make Saints Row 4 worth buying for me, but even if EA got it and screwed it up, it's already ruined for me, so I don't really lose either way.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here