North Korean Scientists Confirm That Unicorns Are Real

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Darmani:

Kopikatsu:
Sinjungdonggukyojisungnam?

Sinjungdonggukyojisungnam?

How the hell do you even pronounce that? It looks like someone let the cat walk across their keyboard.

As someone who went through this with the Avatar casting... stop that. ITs racist, insulting, and makes me look bad just sharing a hobby and website with you. My next rebuke will be through mod channels. Take this damned seriously.

I'm not sure how seriously one can take a geography book hinting at the final resting place of an ancient king and his magical unicorn. Wait. Did Avatar have unicorns in it? I missed that part. Damn it, now I have to go watch that movie all over again.

Fake.

I could go and write graffiti on the Parliament building and scientists would fall for it.

Stop being stupid.

This reminds me of the adventures of Marco Polo.
During one of his times in China he told them of the unicorns of ancient Greece.
The Chinese responded to the story saying that they had seen such creatures and took Marco on an expedition to North Africa to show them to him...

Here's what he saw.

Jove:
Screw Unicorns.

I want Dragons!

Go to Kumodo there's plenty of them.

One of those chasing after you makes the novelty wear off fast.

BTW & OT: mistaken identity can account for just about any and every mythological creature.

-There are giants image

-There are jackalopes image

-There are "wild-men" image

You have to remember that these myths took form in a time when mankind didn't know what they were seeing and great "mislabeling" were made.

Maybe this Ancient King was riding a rhino... ever think of that?!

North Korea does do some crazy things, but no, it didn't claim to have found evidence for unicorns. The massive leaps against logic and fact when it comes to reporting on North Korea are even bigger than when it comes to Japan! Don't get me started on the latter, how every fringe art project, joke, bit of fun and satirical work is misconstrued as the latest 'fad'.

Anyway ...

"In Korean history, the name Kiringul (which the paper translated as "Unicorn Lair") is in fact a site associated with the founder of Koguryŏ, an ancient Korean kingdom. The discovery, North Korea claims, proves Pyongyang is the modern site of the ancient capital of Koguryŏ. The blog also reports that this finding, too, is controversial, as many historians doubt that at the time of its founding Koguryŏ was located in Pyongyang."

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/30/north-korea-finds-secret-unicorn-lair_n_2219289.html)

So the actual myth being constructed is that North Korea is the 'true Korea', not that they found evidence of unicorns. And the mythical Kirin is not really a 'unicorn'. It's a great beer. If 'kiringul' translates to 'kirin grotto' (which is more accurate) then I think Kim Jong Un simply found an ancient beer garden! ;)

Good old North Korea, source of an unhealthy amount of the insanity of the world.

Ooooh, THOSE koreans.

I don't know about the unicorns but..

Holy shit! Am I the only person on this forum that is surprised by the fact that narwhals REALLY do exist? 0_0 I always thought that they were some kind of an internet joke.

(Reads headline) O_O I think I hurt myself in my confusion...

xShredd:
I don't know about the unicorns but..

Holy shit! Am I the only person on this forum that is surprised by the fact that narwhals REALLY do exist? 0_0 I always thought that they were some kind of an internet joke.

I KNOW,right?! I was surprised by that as well!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here