Former LucasArts Employee Doubts Battlefront III Claim

Pages PREV 1 2

My question is "why now"? Why'd this guy come out of the woodwork just to bash Free Radical over an issue that's effectively been dead for years now? I've seen some posts saying this guy is likely doing a PR move for LucasArts...what, has anti-LA sentiment over BFIII been bubbling up again? What's the purpose for any of this? The vast majority of gamers seem willing to take the developer's word over the publisher's, and even if you remove BFIII from the equation most people still think LA is just a giant bag of dicks.

So yeah, why bother with coming out with a PR cover-up (if that's what this is) for this now?

GamerMage:
Is it weird I don't like COD or Battlefield, but would play another Battlefront game?

Um...no? They were very different games.

CoD and Battlefield are modern military FPS, Battlefront was a third-person capture-the-flag game where you could play as robots or drive an AT-AT. I'm not really seeing any similarities there beyond "shooting stuff" and, in the case of Battlefield, the use of vehicles.

Mimsofthedawg:

fix-the-spade:
I've seen the gameplay videos, it was nearly finished.

The guy won't even leave his name, assuming he's from Lucas Arts at all he clearly knows that any claims he made as a person would be taken apart on seconds. Oh well, desperation moves from the PR department...

Captcha: minced oaths, haha, has Captcha achieved sentience or something?

I decided a few months ago that one of the (many) reasons I believe in a God is thanks to Captcha.

It's just irrefutable.

Earlier, while posting something a tiny bit aggressive in the 'Reasons to Oppose Gay Marriage' thread, Captcha told me to "be nice" :-/

SonicWaffle:

GamerMage:
Is it weird I don't like COD or Battlefield, but would play another Battlefront game?

Um...no? They were very different games.

CoD and Battlefield are modern military FPS, Battlefront was a third-person capture-the-flag game where you could play as robots or drive an AT-AT. I'm not really seeing any similarities there beyond "shooting stuff" and, in the case of Battlefield, the use of vehicles.

That, and if you got the right amount of kills, you got to play asa hero or villain character.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here