Journey Composer Gets Grammy Nomination

Pages PREV 1 2

I wonder if I played the same game as everyone else. I felt that Journey was a terrible "game" in almost all respects, including the forgettable music. After reading the headline I tried to remember one melody from the game and thought, "it has a soundtrack?" I've verified that indeed it does, but of course it's generic synth compositions. I'm obviously missing something. And, no, I'm not that edgy bastard who dislikes popular things to be different and cool; my favorite games are typically well-liked AAA titles.

I think games that have good soundtracks are: any and all Uncharted games, Rayman Origins, Assassins Creed (1), and Final Fantasy 10.

90sgamer:
I wonder if I played the same game as everyone else. I felt that Journey was a terrible "game" in almost all respects, including the forgettable music. After reading the headline I tried to remember one melody from the game and thought, "it has a soundtrack?" I've verified that indeed it does, but of course it's generic synth compositions. I'm obviously missing something. And, no, I'm not that edgy bastard who dislikes popular things to be different and cool; my favorite games are typically well-liked AAA titles.

I think games that have good soundtracks are: any and all Uncharted games, Rayman Origins, Assassins Creed (1), and Final Fantasy 10.

Synth? It used a live orchestra.

EmperorSubcutaneous:

90sgamer:

Synth? It used a live orchestra.

I believe you, but it may as well have been synth. Turok 2 back on the N64 made better use of an Orchestra. I use that as an example because why they thought the game needed orchestra music is beyond me; but, hey, it did sound pretty kick ass at the time to get that kind of music on a cartridge.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here