Konami Reveals Castlevania: Mirror of Fate Backstory

Konami Reveals Castlevania: Mirror of Fate Backstory

So what did happen to Simon Belmont's father, Trevor?

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate has been a bit of a mystery till now, but Konami has released a video teaser showing a bit of one of the protagonist's backstories. Meet Trevor Belmont, father of Simon; get a better idea of what kind of person he was, and why his fate matters.

Trevor is Gabriel Belmont's son, which means - in canon - he's Dracula's get, and the trailer starts just at the point when Trevor gets the news that daddy killed mum and is the immortal bloodsucker terrorizing the land.

The game features four playable characters, including Simon and Alucard as well as Gabriel himself in a short prologue, all of them wrapped up in the family tragedy, though the action takes place in several different time periods.

Release date for this 3DS title is March 5th, 2013. Good luck, Trevor; I suspect you'll need it.

Source: VG24/7

Is that Robb Stark voice acting?

I see that they're going with the pronounciation of "Sifa" instead of Sophia Belnades. Also, wonder who's the mom. It seems that Drac was sleeping around if Trevor needs to remind him of who his mother was.

"Everybody loves Magical Trevor!"

3DS? Really?

... why is Konami so damn against actual console Castlevania titles? It's like for every 1 console Castlevania title we get there's 5 portable games. Game sounds cool but, alas, I won't be getting it.

i think it's because castlevania games sell better on handhelds

looking back on the matter, i think harmony of despair might have worked better that way

In the original Castlevania Belmont family tree, Trevor was the Son of Alucard (Adrian), and the -Grandfather- (not father) of Simon.

Obviously they established a new canon in Lords of Shadow, but it's curious to try and match it up with the existing.

StriderShinryu:
3DS? Really?

... why is Konami so damn against actual console Castlevania titles? It's like for every 1 console Castlevania title we get there's 5 portable games. Game sounds cool but, alas, I won't be getting it.

Given how unabashedly 'MARIO' the 3DS's good titles are so far, it needs it.
Badly.
In retrospect, I think the bigger issue is that 2D games found their niche on handhelds, since nobody* wants them on consoles, and Castlevania is, well, a great 2D series. All but, what, two games so far?

Now that all handhelds are capable of supporting good 3D graphics, I think we're seeing that shift again, for better or worse.

(*outside of Indie games, but I'm talking about the Big Boys here)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here