Metro 2033 Goes Free on Facebook

Pages PREV 1 2

cool thx for the heads up

This is a smart move for THQ. It doubles as good publicity and marketing for Last Light.

Good to see THQ shaping up after being threatened with shutting down.

Already had the game from a $2.50 Steam sale and bought the THQ Umble Bundle as well....
THQ just loves spreading the love, don't they? Trying to rev up support for Last Light, what a good marketing ploy.
Nonetheless, THQ, I love you so.

"Some call them demons...I call them bitches!"

Hazzard:
For some reason when I go to the page it just redirects me to the facebook home page, anyone know why?

klaynexas3:
I keep getting redirected back to the facebook homepage, any ideas?

Login to Facebook, then click the link on the same browser.

Nouw:

Hazzard:
For some reason when I go to the page it just redirects me to the facebook home page, anyone know why?

klaynexas3:

I was logged in while doing it, so I'm not so sure what the problem is on my end.

klaynexas3:

Nouw:

Hazzard:

klaynexas3:

I was logged in while doing it, so I'm not so sure what the problem is on my end.

Try copy-pasting the link on the search-bar in another tab.

EDIT: Or you can just search Metro 2033 on facebook as I'm sure you've already done.

Nouw:

klaynexas3:

Nouw:

EDIT: Or you can just search Metro 2033 on facebook as I'm sure you've already done.

I've gone to the app on facebook, and it just redirects me back to the news feed every time. I don't get it.

klaynexas3:

Nouw:

klaynexas3:

I've gone to the app on facebook, and it just redirects me back to the news feed every time. I don't get it.

Hmm that's odd. Sorry but my only other advice is to try another browser.

Nouw:

klaynexas3:

Nouw:

That didn't work either.
Do I need my facebook to be linked to my steam account?

klaynexas3:

Nouw:

klaynexas3:

That didn't work either.

I have mine linked but I'm not sure if it matters. Try it anyway.

Nouw:

klaynexas3:

Nouw:

That didn't work either.

I'll be damned, I tried using a different account, and the other account actually worked. I don't understand why the first one didn't, but oh well. Now, time to get my free game and return into hiding from facebook forever. Thanks for the help though.

klaynexas3:

Nouw:

klaynexas3:

That didn't work either.

I'll be damned, I tried using a different account, and the other account actually worked. I don't understand why the first one didn't, but oh well. Now, time to get my free game and return into hiding from facebook forever. Thanks for the help though.

Glad it finally worked out. And no problem.

Hazzard:

I kept on getting that too. It turns out that you have to be over 18 to get the code. I just made a new Facebook account that was over 18 and it worked.

Thank you, THQ! I mean, I already have Metro 2033, but there's no way I'm missing Last Light now.

Sometimes... I really hate owning a mac

Goddamn but i am impressed.

Genius marketing move, absolute genius.

Already own it on 360, but downloading it for PC anyway, also shared the link with all my facebook buddies.

Seriously THQ, i am well impressed.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or