Big Deal on the Internet - Update: GOG Holiday Sale (FTL, ArmA 2) - Gamefly Sale (Sleeping Dogs)

Big Deal on the Internet - Halo 4, AC3, GW2, etc.

We're two weeks away from Christmas and we're just in time to bask in the holiday gaming deals.

Updates: Most of the games in the deal list above are still good (although Halo 4 is now $40 vs the $35 we found at Newegg. Here are some additional ones that just rolled out from GOG with their holiday sale and Gamefly with its "End of the World" sale.

GOG.com 2012 DRM-FREE Holiday Sale

GOG has kicked off its holiday sale (since yesterday) - new deals each day, available until Jan 3 2013. Some of the juicer titles are below, including a freebie offer of Duke Nukem 3D (heh). All of the deals below ends in about 20 hours and 30 minutes as of time of writing, The Witcher 2 is lowest we've seen. FTL matches previous $5 low. Funny enough, both Witcher 2 and FTL may have a learning curve for gamers that aren't used to going into a battle all gung-ho. ARMA 2: Combined Operations is good for those not wanting to wait for DayZ stand-alone. Come to think of it, this is also a game with an initial high learning curve (but can get broken once you've grouped up and gathered your supplies).

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (PC/Mac) - FREE at GOG.com.

ArmA 2: Combined Operations (PC Download) - $14.99 at GOG.com. Next best is $30 at GameFly.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (PC/Mac OS X Download) - $7.49 at GOG.com. Next best is $26 at Amazon.

FTL: Faster Than Light (PC/Mac OS X Download) - $4.99 at GOG.com. List is $10.

GameFly Not So Scary End of the World Sale

Gamefly launched their "Not So Scary End of the World Sale" with new game download offers starting every 48 hours through Dec. 21. Here are three actually good deals in the batch of 14 titles for today and Thursday (Company of Heroes bundle are okay priced but given they were so much cheaper during the THQ Humble Bundle, we can't really recommend these). Sleeping Dog is at a very good price. All of these deals expires Dec 14, 10AM Pacific.

ANNO 2070 (PC Download) - $19.99 at GameFly. Next best is $50 at Amazon.

Sleeping Dogs (PC Download) - $16.99 at GameFly. This game is Steam activated. Next best is $50 at Green Man Gaming.

Far Cry (PC Download) - $2.49 at GameFly.

It's great that this list is up... but I'm wondering how current it all is. I tried the Xcom deal, and it told me the coupon expired on the 9th of this month.

GOG is about to hit with a Holiday Sale... and how soon until Steam's sale? ...ow, my aching wallet...

ObsidianJones:
It's great that this list is up... but I'm wondering how current it all is. I tried the Xcom deal, and it told me the coupon expired on the 9th of this month.

Hey ObsidianJones. It was still working this as of this AM when we posted and they were saying it'll expire end of day... not sure why they did away with it (or say the 9th). While $25 is still a great deal, its definitely not $20 :(

ritchards:
GOG is about to hit with a Holiday Sale... and how soon until Steam's sale? ...ow, my aching wallet...

Steam's Xmas sale will most likely be the week/weekend before Christmas.

Freebie game offer that just came out:

Metro 2033 FREE (PC Download) - FREE through Facebook. THQ is giving away free copies of Metro 2033. You'll have to like the Facebook page and you'll receive a game KEY. The game still goes for around $5 at times, so this isn't a bad deal.

No other countries again? A shame, you managed it one week, but I haven't seen it since....

And again, this isn't your fault, but gamefly took Xcom off of sale! Even though they said it was until the 24th. What are they doing over there?

[Edit: Moved the GOG.com update to the first post above. Just realized how ridiculous it would be to scroll just to see updates.]

Quicksilver_Phoenix:
No other countries again? A shame, you managed it one week, but I haven't seen it since....

Yeah sorry, we pointed out two Euro deals in this week's list but until we can get accurate pricing information (its tough given we'll need a better method than checking manually with our VPN), we're not comfortable doing UK/AU/EU deals just yet. Basically we strive to list deals that are 1) lowest ever price 2) if the game hardly goes on sale, at the very least beats average price by a decent amount

Its tough to do that properly if we don't have a price history database built-up like we did with US games. Can't just take retailer's word for it "Hey guys... these games are at a SUPER great deal please post them everywhereeee."

ObsidianJones:
And again, this isn't your fault, but gamefly took Xcom off of sale! Even though they said it was until the 24th. What are they doing over there?

Yeah we don't know whats up with that too. But they did kick off their "Not So Scary End of the World Sale" and supposedly will rotate new batches of games every 48 hours until 12/21. I'm crossing my finger that it'll be within one of the upcoming 48 hour batches. I can't imagine Steam won't have a good price for it during their Xmas sale too.

dealzon:
*Snip*

Ah, I see. That's fair enough then. A pity, but I understand why it'd be hard to do accurately.

dealzon:

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (PC/Mac OS X Download) - $11.99 at GOG.com. Next best is $26 at Amazon.

The Witcher 2 is now $7.49.

Also if you are looking for good deals GamersGate has some great deals, with 4 new deals every day, over a hundred each week, and if you buy 3 games you get one free. They also have a set indie bundles that gets cheaper the more you buy.

Darknacht:
The Witcher 2 is now $7.49.

Oh my. Edited/fixed. That's a pretty hot price... thanks for spotting that derp :D

Agreed, GamesRocket has some pretty decent titles too, we'll be keeping our eyes out and compare them to other retailer prices. Kingdoms of Amalur collection looks pretty good at $15. Ghost Recon has been cheaper at Microsoft Store during BF/CM (at $10) while Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is currently a GMG deal of the day at $8.12 (with the one time use 35% coupon). If you've used the 35% already, Chivalry is $9.37 at GMG with the 25% coupon.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here