The Secret World Ditches Subscriptions

Pages PREV 1 2

So... the guys that made Age of Conan, which changed to F2P after it flopped cuz it didn't have what they promised, had another of their games changing the subscription system? If nothing else, having the subscription fee at all was retarded since the beginning.

Nice to see that they dropped the silly mandatory subscription and went the B2P route instead, but now I wonder.... did they finally give you proper customization options? I recall that during the beta they had basically crap all customization and from what I was told, it was not improved in the slightest upon release.

Halyah:
Nice to see that they dropped the silly mandatory subscription and went the B2P route instead, but now I wonder.... did they finally give you proper customization options? I recall that during the beta they had basically crap all customization and from what I was told, it was not improved in the slightest upon release.

It's still not that sublime but it has some nice additions: height slider, few more haircuts and faces and details like that. Plus a ton more clothing to choose from and the separation of the multislot items (which before covered your entire character from head to toe with one piece of clothing) now have separated head gear and body. All-in all, even if the fine details of the face are not on-par with AoC, clothing wise there's probably more choices than most mmos

Started doing some reading on this, since I was considering trying it. It appears they dropped the subscription, and picked up some bad reviews. A lot of players saying it isn't worth the initial startup fee. Too bad really, it seemed like an interesting game at first glance.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 40657)