BioShock Infinite Gets a "Reversible Cover"

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

BioShock Infinite Gets a "Reversible Cover"

Irrational Games is adding an alternate cover to BioShock Infinite and Ken Levine wants you to fight over what it will be.

Those of us who care about such things were suitably disappointed when the dully generic BioShock Infinite cover art was revealed, but fear not! While the dudebro-driven marketing machine will not be dissuaded, The Man himself, Ken Levine, announced today that the game will come with a reversible cover. And that's not all!

"We want to hear your voice on what that cover should be. To that end, we've arranged a poll below that lets you choose from several potential reversible covers," he wrote. "I've got my favorite, but I'm not telling which.  We've got to do this quickly to meet our print deadlines, so vote soon. Like, NOW!"

What's that you say? You think all these covers suck too? No problemo, chief! "We're also going to be arranging a whole mess of MORE alternate covers which will be available to download and print yourself," Levine added. And they'll be free!

My vote is going to number six, although number four is a close second. What's your favorite? Pop over to irrationalgames.com and cast your ballot, and if you've got any ideas for printable covers you can toss them into the hat on the Irrational Games forums.

Should be something that has to do with the plot of the game which no one knows at this point so this is pretty pointless.

My vote is going towards number 4. There's just something about it that appeals to me.

As someone who loves pen and ink as a medium, I'm voting for Number 4 all the way.

Number 4 is the only one I really like. Stay away from number 3 though. I like numbers 2 and 6 as well but I strongly prefer number 4.

Number 4, it's got a nice plate printed vibe to it.

I like 2 or 6.
I also find it really funny that they've gone "Hmm, people hate the cover? Let's give them the same cover but with a lady on it!
GENIUS!"

This was literally my first thought when Levine started mentioning printable covers, why not do what ME3 did. And thankfully they have.

Hmm, none of them are AMAZING but still, in order of preference I'd say 4, 6, 5, 2.

Levine.... you Magnificent Bastard I READ YOUR BOOK!

Gin up interest in your game with trashy (but marketable) cover art and then give a reversible cover to appeal to the hardcore, the hardcore who will be your most vital group in promoting the game to others.

I hope other publishers get in on this...

... almost a shame I'm getting this on Steam where this is 100% irrelevant to me.

1,3,5 are just bad. I think 5 is actually WORSE than the store front cover.

2 and 6 are interesting but they lack dynamic. 6 is better but needs some reworking with a better background. A huge vista of Columbia with the wind blowing roses around (see skirt flapping so there is already wind).

4 is pretty good in my opinion. It could have been an advertisement poster for Columbia in the Ingame universe with a little reworking. Like a weathered, ragged poster from way back when Columbia was being advertised to racist isolationist Americans.

That would have been a great cover.

Let's hear it for the magnificent power of bitching.

OT - I looooovvvveeee that Red one.

I'm not going to lie; cover #4 (red background with pen-and-ink) looks quite sexy.

Either 4 or 6, they're both pretty much equal.

Deinitely 6 as it will go along nicely with the in game aesthetics.

2.4.6 are my choices they seem pretty awesome

Gotta go with 4 or 6, the Criterion Collection covers. Normally I'd say 4 isn't marketable enough but that isn't an issue here; may as well go with the classy one.

I wasn't bothered by the original cover, but...
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS! I love you, Irrational. Don't ever change.

I'm having a tough time deciding between number 4 and 6. I'll be insanely happy if either of those are picked.

Normally I'd say this was a stupid issue that's barely even worth discussing... but then I just voted, so what the hell do I know?

Well, I'm actually pretty glad that irrational games aren't living up to their namesake.

I like the style of 4 and 6, but also really like 1 and think it would be my choice out of the bunch. Given the focus of a lot of the footage we have seen so far, it seems appropriate.

However, to be honest, it would be hilarious to me if #3 won.

I really like the engraved-plate design feel of number four, and I think the choice of colours would probably make it stand out. Six has a certain appeal as well though. Still, I voted four.

Also, three and five are total cop-out covers; they're just remixed versions of the standard rubbish cover.

I voted for #6, but I also like #2

6 is the only one that really looks decent. 4 and 2 also look interesting but I don't quite like the art style for either of them.

Voted 6, wouldn't mind 4 at all though.

Tied between 4 and 6, but leaning slightly towards 6. My only problem with gorgeous covers like that is that they tend to be ruined by the ridiculous amount of watermarks that go onto boxart.

4 or 6 are my favourites. A couple of these are kind of garbage, they have all the appearances of having been put together in a rush out of pre-exisiting marketing material.

This is the lousiest attempt at human proportions I have seen since the last time I logged onto DeviantArt. Holy crap, what an awful image, I hope the character doesn't actually look like that unless she's actually supposed to be a dwarf or something.

#2 and #4 are actually pretty awesome. #6 looks like a crappy failed modern attempt at art nouveau, which I've never been a huge fan of in the first place.

bafrali:
Deinitely 6 as it will go along nicely with the in game aesthetics.

Ditto. Number 4 is a good one too, and I can see why some would prefer it over 6, but I just like 6 more.

Number 1 is alright, but kinda uninspired. 3 and 5 are just a reversal of essentially the same cover, so neither is very good. Yet according to the poll 5 is the 3rd most popular (but the top 2 beat it by quite a margin). Still, it strikes me as odd.

Number 2 has potential, because I like the idea of one of the huge Auto-Bodies hovering imposingly, a little to close for comfort. However, I feel that it would have been better if instead the main characters were interacting with it somehow, because I believe if you are going to have cover art that features characters primarily, the main characters of the game should be included.

Number 2 wins for me.

Number 4 is interesting but doesn't feel quite right. The logo clashes heavily with the rest of the image, it really should be a white, black and red logo. The blue, gold and other colors feel sorely out of place.

Number 6 is better, but feels a bit too empty somehow, it's lacking something. Not sure what though, maybe a vista of Columbia as someone above mentioned.

The other ones aren't even worth mentioning.

I would have voted for #4, then I looked at it for a while, and realized just how haphazard all the lines were. It doesn't have a sense of completeness, it's just a bunch of squiggles thrown together in a minute or two to create something that would have looked a lot better with just a bit more polish.

But that's just my opinion. #6 all the way.

Was torn between 4 and 6, ended up choosing 4

#5 is the best one to put on the box in a game store, and is essentially an improved and more appropriate version of the already established cover.

#6 is the best representation of the spirit of the game. Could use a little more background work and overall elaboration, though.

4 and 6 are my favorites. I am rather torn which one I would like more.

Holy shit, Infinite is still a thing?

I'm one of the few who's more understandin of the original cover. I get it they need to make cash and if that helps ken make me good games let a few gangster wannabes get suckered into buying it.

That said the arts pretty boss I'm gonna see about the other arts fore I change it. I think booker looks kind of boss personally.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here