Polish Man Answers His Iron

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Polish Man Answers His Iron

Sometimes life is like a terrible joke.

What goes "ring-ring, ring-ring, ring-ring, ARGH!"

[Insert blind celebrity here] answering the iron.

Dohohoho. It's funny because they're blind. Chances are you've heard that one before, probably in or around the schoolyard. When I was a boy, Stevie Wonder was the punchline of choice, but in a pinch you can use David Blunkett, Ray Charles or even Andrea Bocelli. Now you can add Polish gentleman, Thomas Paczkowski, to that list, and he isn't even blind.

According to a report on local news service, Fakt.pl, Paczkowski was relaxing in front of the telly with a few beers when he decided to press a couple of shirts, as you do. He plugged in his electric iron, put it down next to his chair to warm up and started watching a boxing match.

Then his phone rang.

You can probably guess what happened next. Though for the less imaginative among you, that tame picture of Paczkowski's bandaged head might just give you some idea. The unfortunate Pole required medical attention for the burns he received, and while his experience with fate's terrible sense of humor hasn't put him off ironing, it has apparently curbed his enthusiasm for televised sport.

So, a man answered his iron. Now all we need is for an Irishman to suffer a head injury as a result of walking into a bar and at least one chicken-related traffic accident and the year will be complete.

Source: Fakt.pl via The Register

TopazFusion:
Now the question we all want answered is: Did his iron answer back?

I believe it was a hissssssing sound, which reminded him of Creepers before his brain finally clicked.

Grey Carter:

So, a man answered his iron. Now all we need is for an Irishman to suffer a head injury as a result of walking into a bar and at least one chicken-related traffic accident and the year will be complete.

Well, Mr. Dunne has tinnitus, soo... make it worse by 'guiding' him towards a bar while he's blindfolded? I dunno.

Still, title was weird enough that it made me click, so congrats I suppose.

And this is why you don't let a man near the iron.

Unless of course it is this man!

My god, that was forced.

Wow... Really? Confusing your phone for an iron?

Some people are just... stupid!

This is one of those things that you think up for a cartoon with the idea "NO ONE CAN BE THIS STUPID TO HAVE DONE IT IN REAL LIFE."

and then, someone finally does.

doggie015:

A sucker is born every minute so the saying goes...

Too bad idiots are born every second within that minute, and in litters no less. But hey, that's life for you! Birth many to ensure the survival of at least a few, crawl on top of the corpses of your comrades to victory, all that malarkey.

Seriously though... the heft of the iron, the feeling of the irons grip... the fact that I am bloody sure it radiates heat much hotter than any old telephone he might have nearby? I'm still lost exactly as to how he could of done it any other way other than rounding down the amount of alcohol he had, by possibly a lot...

doggie015:

I think the key words in the story were "a few beers". And as a man who has answered his remote, I can say that putting an object of similar size and feel in or around your phone's usual spot is a good way to make a fool of yourself.

Andy Shandy:
And this is why you don't let a man near the iron.

Unless of course it is this man!

My god, that was forced.

You're going about this all wrong!

I guess you could say that he had a

*puts sunglasses on*

heated discussion.

My little brother did this exact thing when he was much, much younger. Though, looking at our Polish fellows head bandage, he at least had the good sense to drop the iron immediately, and so only suffered minor burns and a lifetime of mocking.

Mind you, he also drank a large amount of malt vinegar, convinced that it was cola. He was never all too smart. I'd like to say that things have changed, but alas, he still defaults to the worst possible decision in any situation. At least it's hilarious to watch.

"Hello, can't talk right now I'm doing the ironing at the moment..."

Grey Carter:
According to a report on local news service, Fakt.pl, (...)

...uhm...if I recall correctly, the very same source of information has a tabloid with stories like "Aliens kidnapped me and romised me lottery numbers for letting them experiment on me.", "I broke my back on a cow's butt." and, I sh*t you not, a two page story about how someone went to a shop and forgot to buy butter.
...with pictures.
...what I'm saying is, that it's a rather sh*tty source of information.

That.... must have been the most tragically timed brain-fart ever.

cursedseishi:

doggie015:

A sucker is born every minute so the saying goes...

Too bad idiots are born every second within that minute, and in litters no less. But hey, that's life for you! Birth many to ensure the survival of at least a few, crawl on top of the corpses of your comrades to victory, all that malarkey.

Seriously though... the heft of the iron, the feeling of the irons grip... the fact that I am bloody sure it radiates heat much hotter than any old telephone he might have nearby? I'm still lost exactly as to how he could of done it any other way other than rounding down the amount of alcohol he had, by possibly a lot...

Don't confuse absentmindedness with stupidity.

Or being smart with paying attention.

Either can bite you in the ass very harshly.

Im not sure if it was part of the joke but I don't think I have ever heard a joke even close to that one, I don't think I ever heard any blind jokes actually. so here is a first I guess.

And yes I did go to public school and yes, I am from america.

That awkward moment when a racist joke becomes reality. The "stupid polack" joke was once a cornerstone of racist jokes, now we see it brought to life. That doubly awkward moment when you're really not sure how to point that out without looking like a racist yourself.

Takuanuva:

Grey Carter:
According to a report on local news service, Fakt.pl, (...)

...uhm...if I recall correctly, the very same source of information has a tabloid with stories like "Aliens kidnapped me and romised me lottery numbers for letting them experiment on me.", "I broke my back on a cow's butt." and, I sh*t you not, a two page story about how someone went to a shop and forgot to buy butter.
...with pictures.
...what I'm saying is, that it's a rather sh*tty source of information.

Yeah I sent this story to my Polish friend and he said that the website likes to make up over the top and ridiculous stories, including ones about exploding eggs and killer house hold objects.

Damn, that's rather unfortunate.

Well hopefully his got this whole problem Ironed out now.

SaneAmongInsane:
This is one of those things that you think up for a cartoon with the idea "NO ONE CAN BE THIS STUPID TO HAVE DONE IT IN REAL LIFE."

and then, someone finally does.

Simpsons did it.

Domogo:
Im not sure if it was part of the joke but I don't think I have ever heard a joke even close to that one, I don't think I ever heard any blind jokes actually. so here is a first I guess.

And yes I did go to public school and yes, I am from america.

really? either you passed through school during one of the more awkward stages in joke telling. I remember one of those the punch line to everything was "Because ________ is gay"

OT: Grey are you really fishing that much for stories on a "games, and Geek media" website that you submit a Polish guy burns self by thinking it was a phone

so I take this guy hadn't yet switched over to only using his smart phone "silly Polish people"

soren7550:
You're going about this all wrong!

Why can't we just have both?

On topic: Considering everything, "death by irony" is a horribly thing.

gardian06:

really? either you passed through school during one of the more awkward stages in joke telling. I remember one of those the punch line to everything was "Because ________ is gay"

Yea I heard is gay as a punchline a lot but never blind that I can remember I guess I just hung out with the 'right' people

So.. how many pollacks does it take to answer a phone?

This guy does the same thing. Our hero must have been very drunk to make that mistake.

Although the scene in the video looks kinda fake... I mean, recording yourself ironing cloths?

"The Polish art of self-offence" just got another meaning....

Owyn_Merrilin:
That awkward moment when a racist joke becomes reality. The "stupid polack" joke was once a cornerstone of racist jokes, now we see it brought to life. That doubly awkward moment when you're really not sure how to point that out without looking like a racist yourself.

Thanks for saving me that awkward moment, you racist! :D

this news is so slow it affects time and space around the ones that read it and make them think they are living in the matrix.

grey, you can do better than that....

I'd be steaming if I did this.

At least he won't get wrinkles.

at least one chicken-related traffic accident and the year will be complete

A bunch of animals escaped my friend's farm and nearly ran right into the road.
So, at least nature is trying.

I wonder if he also burned his fingers trying to call the emergency services on his iron until he realized what was going on.

Ouch. I'm guessing next time he'll actually take a look at what he picks before he rams it against his face.

Mistaking the iron for a phone..... >___<

Still, there are worse things. This reminds me of a webcomic I saw a long time ago. At one point, this girl bought a gun she was gonna use on this uber-creepy guy. She showered, was toweling her hair, and was looking for the hair dryer.

Yeah.

While there are a few posts questioning the legitimacy of the source, I would like to address the people who think the guy is "stupid."

According to my younger brother, a U.S. Marine reservist, Marines did their marksmanship qualifiers a little differently back in the '90s. If your weapon jammed during the drill, you were supposed to raise your hand to signal the rangemaster, who would come over, inspect your weapon, and reset your time. The Marines don't do this anymore. When the Marines trained in this manner were sent on a U.N. peacekeeping mission in Somalia, they kept raising their hands when their weapons jammed, resulting in a small uptick in enemy bullet wounds sustained to hands and upper arms. Under the stress of combat, the Marines relied upon muscle memory and repetition, which told them to raise their hands when a jam occurred.

Replace "under the stress of combat" with "zoning out in front of the TV," "the Marines" with "this guy," and "them to raise their hands when a jam occurred" with "him to grab and answer the nearest phone-like object," and it all seems so much more reasonable.

I guess he had a rather hot topic to discuss over the phone.

Can't quite get myself to believe it though. Sounds too much like an urban myth.

The guy is an idiot, look at him smiling away there so the rest of the world can ridicule him. lol. If this happned to me, last thing i would do is have my picture taken by the paper.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here