THQ Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Pages PREV 1 2

saintdane05:

iniudan:

saintdane05:

BLOOD FOR HTE BLOOD GOD~! I FAP FOR SLAANESH!

How dare you invoke the name of the degenerate, your punishment shall be quick and painless, your blood only spill after your death, has to make sure your ecstasy doesn't spoil the offering of your carcass to Khorne.

Oh, your threats turn me on, big boy. Comon. Right here.

Didn't see that one coming, don't have habit of people that know how to reply has a Slaaneshite, has most follower of Chaos tend to be dump follower of Khorne, which just let their emotion take over them. (Prefer Papa Nurgle [he quite grow on you over time] and Tzeentch)

-----------------

To prevent too much derailing off topic, admit I don't quite understand why people don't find Space Marine to be good, for me it was just one of the most fluid third person brawler/shooter I ever played, but maybe simply due to simply been a type of game I don't usually play (more of a strategy game person), thus might not have played the really good game in that category (been a PC gamer doesn't help, has third person game tend to be more available on console), on top of approaching it has it simply been a dump power trip game with Astartes cheese on top.

Really bad news, but like many of said could have been alot worse. At least assholes like EA did not swoop in like the vultures they are. And the next 3 titles they have coming out looks great and are im hoping at least going to save them or at least get them on the right track but they can do that if there games are unfinished and rushed. Nothing really wrong with any of there games, at least they are trying new things. Perhaps if they were not being run by morons for so long it would have been better but.

Dawn of War is great im hoping Dawn of War 3 could still happen. Spacew marine was good not the best....somthing felt missing but was still cool for a first time thing.

Time will tell.

CrossLOPER:

saintdane05:
May they have the Emperor's Peace.

Adeptus Astartes, The Book of Faith:
"At battle's end, speak the Liturgy in a clear voice. Respect the bravery of the living. Give the Rite of Passage to the fallen. Honour the battle gear of the dead. To do all this with reverence, even when exhausted by battle and weary from the field, is the duty of a Chaplain. It is his burden and satisfaction."

For The Emperor.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

MY ARMOUR IS CONTEMPT
MY SHIELD IS DISGUST
MY SWORD IS HATRED
IN THE EMPERORS NAME LET NONE SURVIVE !!!

As long as team at Volition that made the Saints Row games get's to make Saints Row 4. I do not care. I am saddened though.

Damm.

At least Metro: Last Light and Company of Heroes 2 will be released.

How they will be affected by this is up in the air.

ResonanceSD:
I wonder how helpful the humble bundle was for THQ. Can't have been that much if this occurred just a week later.

The humble bundle was never about the actual money, it was to do two things:

1) Help increase the value of their brands and upcoming games, so that when they'd have to sell them they'd be able to get more money for them (before that capital group would have been all like "So what good stuff you got?" and THQ would have been all "Hurr, these look pretty good, right?", but now they can be all "Hey look, people spent $5 million on a bunch of our old games. Awesome, right?")

2) As marketing for their upcoming games. Notice how Company of Heroes, Metro 2033, and Saints Row all have upcoming sequels? Yeah, not a coincidence that they were all part of the bundle.

saintdane05:

CrossLOPER:
snip

BLOOD FOR HTE BLOOD GOD~! I FAP FOR SLAANESH!

Blood for the Blood God? "Fine, he can have yours" - Commissar Cain.

Also the heretic that said he would be happy if Relic died needs a long cosy chat with the Inquisition.

ALL I WANTED WAS MY DAMN 40K MMO THQ!

WAS THAT SO HARD TO DO!?

Oh well, just don't fuck up Dawn of War 3.

a bit sad, what with all the great games THQ has made over the year, I hope they make it to the other side with their dignity intact

Goddammit, now I feel really bad for taking Metro 2033 when they offered.

bringer of illumination:

WAS THAT SO HARD TO DO!?

a bit sad, what with all the great games THQ has made over the year, I hope they make it to the other side with their dignity intact

Weren't they changing that to a huge singleplayer rpg instead?
Or have I missed some crucial news?

Save for the awful abuse of bankruptcy laws (while still legal) its merely a switch of the owner, so no big deal.

rhizhim:

ResonanceSD:

rhizhim:
and thats what i ment when i said that thq and their "deals" are in the shitter.

people could have donated more than the average 5.95 dollars...

But plenty of people who worked for the company or one of it's developers donated in excess of $1000! Surely that makes up for the hundreds of people who gave one dollar to Humble Inc?

yes, it can.

two scientists Imadi Thishithup and Drew mon even confirmed it:

well at least a good portion goes to charity.
lets hope they dont go too hard on a "you're fired" spree.

I...I. My brain really hurts, but can someone explain to me what is wrong with that picture and why it wouldn't work, because I can't... I...

EDIT: I got it, I had to do a diagram and everything.

OT: Sorry to see the Geomod tech and Jason Rubin go, although I really don't care about anything else.

ResonanceSD:
I wonder how helpful the humble bundle was for THQ. Can't have been that much if this occurred just a week later.

The humble bundle was never going to get THQ out of financial hot water.

Magefeanor:

bringer of illumination:

WAS THAT SO HARD TO DO!?

Yeh they did change it to a single player ting......which makes no sense to me afte rall those years of work i remember seeing a screen shot in a pc gamer i got YEEEEARS ago. I know with WoW pretty much being the model all MMO's seem to strife for but 40k has such a rich universe and would prob do better as a PLanet Side 2 style thing with more of an customizing option maybe. I mean thats what 40k is all about epic huge battles for planets.

As for Dawn of War 3.....im hoping that after relic has done CoH2 which looks very dam sexy, they'll work on DoW3, they only got enough staff for one game at a time eh.

Still not 100% wot this means for THQ, are they going to die and vanish and other buy up all the IP's or is somone just going to buy it and take over and then keep it going ? Could somone explain please this legal stuffs to a dumb servitor like myself lol

Magefeanor:

bringer of illumination:

WAS THAT SO HARD TO DO!?

No, I am pretty sure that they were. I don't have a src for it, but I had heard it too. Either way though, probably would have (or even still could be... Who knows?) a good laugh.

Well, who didn't see that one coming? I mean, really. It kinda sucks that Stick of Truth is now totally fuc-

Andy Chalk:

The good news is that THQ will continue to operate, its studios will remain open and all current game development will continue.

Oh. Well, never mind then. All is well and I can continue to give zero damns. So long THQ and thanks for the extremely cheap bundle games!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here