Gas Powered Games Begins a Countdown

Gas Powered Games Begins a Countdown

The clock is ticking on "Project W."

What is "Project W?" I have no idea! That is, after all, why we have countdowns. If everyone knew what was happening, there wouldn't be much point in counting down to it; the studio would just say, "Well, that's what we're doing," and we'd all read the press releases and talk about it in forums and get mad when Ubisoft delays the PC release until mid-2014.

But that's not what we have here! No, instead we have numbers, slowly ticking down to "the next big thing from the designer of Total Annihilation, Dungeon Siege, Supreme Commander, and the team at Gas Powered Games." The URL references something called "Project W," which isn't much to go on - okay, it isn't anything at all - and unlike the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition teaser, there's not even anything interesting in the site source.

We aren't likely to find out what GPG has cooking anytime soon as there's still nearly 26 days left on the clock, but the good news is that gives us nearly a month of wild speculation and unfounded rumors to look forward to! So, thoughts?

Source: Gas Powered Games

Maybe it'll be an attempt to make a sequel to Supreme Commander that isn't awful.

George "Dubyah" Bush, Jr.: The Simulation, here I come.

I'm preordering this thing as soon as Gas Powered Games deems the anti-harassment and restraining order null and void!

Perhaps I should ask them when it'll be available by email...

Nah, in-person is always more efficient.

The Lunatic:
Maybe it'll be an attempt to make a sequel to Supreme Commander that isn't awful.

God I hope so

Mysterious countdowns, always a sure way to get everyone interested.

What about a caveman RPG? "Wild", stone BG... It could be...

Re-release Dungeon Siege and it's expansion?

*fingers crossed* "Please be Kings & Castles, Please be Kings & Castles, Please be Kings & Castles, Please be Kings & Castles."

That said even if it isn't, I really hope they make more of those Video logs, those appearing my youtube sub box used to be the highlight of my day.

lax4life:

Already on Steam

till the world really ends

There's nothing behind the countdown, and it stood for 'project wait'?

why do the words "gas powered" always reach my mind as "farting".

project w stands for whatdidyouexpect?

Blablahb:
There's nothing behind the countdown, and it stood for 'project wait'?

Project: We've got nothing.

OT: Would be nice if they continued development of Kings and Castles.
Nevertheless, colour me intrigued. While SupCom2 wasn't that great, I've generally liked Gas Powered's games so far.

Still waiting for GPG to announce the Romans in Age of Empires Online. Would be somewhat of a troll though if they had a whole timer just for that. I haven't played any of their other games, though from what I've seen they're good with the community, so I'm somewhat interested to see just what they're working on now.

Interesting. What could be inside? New Total Annihilation game? That'd be nice. Please give me a new TA game. Please.

My money is on Kings and Castles considering it's been in development for quite a while now.

I looked up what games the comapny has made recently. Then I found it very difficult to continue to care. I doubt I'll be interested in whatever the project is.

The Lunatic:

Click this link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/planetary-annihilation-a-next-generation-rts?ref=live
You're welcome.

I know it's not the same thing as supreme commander, it's technically a "sequel" to total annihilation, so in other words, it's better.

Also I'm pretty sure Gas Powered Games, isn't making another supreme commander and being all secretive about it, why would they bother with the secrecy for a sequel?

I'm pretty sure it's either a new IP, or it's the return of something much older.

TsunamiWombat:

lax4life:

Already on Steam

Last I checked it's only available as an addition to buying Dungeon Siege III and not a stand alone. It also doesn't come with the original expansion pack "Legends of Aranna".

If it's not Sup Comm 3 I don't care.

DoomyMcDoom:
Click this link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/planetary-annihilation-a-next-generation-rts?ref=live
You're welcome.

I know it's not the same thing as supreme commander, it's technically a "sequel" to total annihilation, so in other words, it's better.

Also I'm pretty sure Gas Powered Games, isn't making another supreme commander and being all secretive about it, why would they bother with the secrecy for a sequel?

I'm pretty sure it's either a new IP, or it's the return of something much older.

I know, nothing to do with GPG.

Well, if its a sequel to supreme commander il lbe happy.

The Lunatic:

I'd probably say the same, except for Dungeon Siege.

Bolt-206:

The Lunatic:

Ya badmouthin' Dungeon Siege 2, mate?

Hammeroj:

Bolt-206:

The Lunatic:

Ya badmouthin' Dungeon Siege 2, mate?

No, I loved Dungeon siege 1 & 2.

I'm "badmouthin'" Dungeon Siege 3.

Lenny Magic:
*fingers crossed* "Please be Kings & Castles, Please be Kings & Castles, Please be Kings & Castles, Please be Kings & Castles."

That said even if it isn't, I really hope they make more of those Video logs, those appearing my youtube sub box used to be the highlight of my day.

This was my thought as well, they have been working on that for what 2 years now?

They put Kings and Castles on hold so as to take over development of Age of Empires Online. That was indeed 2 years ago :(

Bolt-206:
No, I loved Dungeon siege 1 & 2.

I'm "badmouthin'" Dungeon Siege 3.

Good, was just checking if you meant "Dungeon Siege" as in the first one specifically as opposed to the series.

OT: This is one of the least exciting game related countdowns for me. Thanks for creating epic games, GPG.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here