Shin Megami Tensei Favorite Finally Sees US Release

Shin Megami Tensei Favorite Finally Sees US Release

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers has put out a teaser video ahead of its 2013 release.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, which up until now has never seen an English language release, will be remade for the 3DS. Smoother animation and a new intro sequence will feature in this reissue; you can get a glimpse of what will be on offer in this teaser video.

"Soul Hackers delivers a first-person, dungeon crawling RPG experience," says developer Atlus, "set in a future where technology and otherworldly forces meet in a macabre fusion of cyberpunk futurism and gothic horror." You play as one of a band of hackers, the 'Spookies', who travel around in a van, battling the Phantom Society for the souls of Amami City.

Megami Tensei is the same mythic RPG setting that gave us Persona 4, which recently got its own Vita re-release. No confirmed release date for this 3DS title yet, beyond Spring 2013.

Source: Eurogamer

*Manly Tear

I love the fan-tran, I hope Atlus does this justice.

Now if only P2P2 would get a release date.
:D

The 3Ds library is starting to give me reason to buy the system.
There have been some very promising games announced lately.

"You play as one of a band of hackers, the 'Spookies', who travel around in a van" why did my mind immediately finish that sentence with "solving mysteries"?

Eclipse Dragon:
The 3Ds library is starting to give me reason to buy the system.
There have been some very promising games announced lately.

Shame they couldn't make that happen a year ago :/
Between the english releases, sequels, & ports, I see no reason they couldn't have

Sooo basically they just joined their previous game game Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey with Ghost in the shell and replaced the main charecters with scooby doo?

oh god the fan-art possibilities

Yes! YES! YEEEES! :D

Someone post that Mr.Bison video!

The only thing making me hesitant is the first-person dungeon crawling stuff, because that crap can be tedious as hell. Other than that, more SMT is always a great thing.

Although I do wish they'd keep making Devil Survivor instalments, since those are easily my favourite games in the series.

BeastofShadow:
"You play as one of a band of hackers, the 'Spookies', who travel around in a van" why did my mind immediately finish that sentence with "solving mysteries"?

"Now let's see who the giant penis driving a chariot really is."

Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssss. :D

More SMT is never, ever a bad thing in my book. Bring it on! :D Now if you will excuse me, I need to go get a 3DS...

McMarbles:

BeastofShadow:

"Now let's see who the giant penis driving a chariot really is."

I can't imagine this in any other voice except for Finn's since I saw your icon.

OT: And now to wait years until I can get an EU release of this because Atlus doesn't have a permanent publisher for Europe. What annoys me more is I'm English so I wouldn't need a translated version either :(

Hang on! Lemme just fuse Metatron for the 300th bajillion time...

meh tell me when they make a good one for a system i have

And there will be a UK release when... ? :D

... I hate you Atlus...

FIRST! You get me to buy a Vita just for Persona 4 Golden! Now you want me to buy a 3DS too?!

Where's my wallet...

Aaaaand now I have to buy a 3DS. Atlus, I really wish you'd bounce around systems less.

The description in the article makes it sound like Scooby Doo, but with more violence.

I'm okay with this

BeastofShadow:

Jinkies! You're right!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here