What Unreleased Title Do You Most Want to Play Before the World Ends?
BioShock Infinite
34.4% (258)
34.4% (258)
The Last of Us
14.2% (106)
14.2% (106)
God of War: Ascension
0.9% (7)
0.9% (7)
Tomb Raider
5.1% (38)
5.1% (38)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
3.7% (28)
3.7% (28)
Grand Theft Auto V
14.3% (107)
14.3% (107)
Dead Space 3
1.7% (13)
1.7% (13)
Elder Scrolls Online
10.3% (77)
10.3% (77)
Crysis 3
2.3% (17)
2.3% (17)
The Last Guardian
12.6% (94)
12.6% (94)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Pick an Unreleased Game for the Apocalypse

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Poll: Pick an Unreleased Game for the Apocalypse

If it all comes crashing down, what game will you most regret missing?

If you happen to subscribe to the idea that December 21, 2012 will indeed hail the end of days, you're probably pretty bummed out today. If the world really does crumble at 11:11AM GMT on 12/21/12 like apocalypse believers suggest, we're going to miss out on some seriously awesome gaming that is slated for the coming year.

The doomsday scenarios are numerous, ranging from meteor strikes to solar flares - all of which have been debunked over and over again, for the record - but on the off chance that something does happen, it's important to have your priorities in order. With that in mind, let's reflect on what truly matters: videogames.

Now's your chance to waste some of your final moments voting for whichever upcoming title you'd most like to play before we all meet our maker. For obvious reasons, we couldn't include every unreleased title on the list, so if you're really looking forward to Madden 2016, you're out of luck, but you should have no problem finding something you'll regret missing should time stop within the next 24 hours.

Probably The Last of Us from those choices.
Last Guardian looks good too though.

Simcity's not on the list... ignoring all the faults about Online only, etc. I'm most excited about playing it. So, none of the above, my vote is Simcity.

The Tsukihime remake.

I know, it's not on the list, but I wasn't going to play any of those anyway.

Half-Life 3...I KNOW it's out there...somewhere. All alone.... ;_;

I think mine will be X: Rebirth.

Followed by Max Anarchy and DmC: Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising then Bioshock Infinite.

Wait, Revengeance is on the list?
Don't get me wrong I love Metal Gear but damn if that name doesn't put me off.

All in all, I'd just like to play Last Guardian at a point but if the world were going to end I'd just play Klonoa:Door to Phantomile (Original) then get as far as possible in FFIX before my face melts off.

Wow people actually picked the Metal gear game?

I would say Bioshock, I will miss the world, but if it takes EA with it, I say fair trade :P

Man If I had realized Last of Us was right below it, I wouldn't have been so quick to pick Bioshock =/

How can you miss Metro: Last Light, the most useful [unreleased] game to play before the end of the world? >_<

Splinter Cell Blacklist

Those tricks people picked up while playing Tokyo Jungle might come in handy.

lol, its already after 1am in australia and the world is still not ending :p
half life 3 should be on that list. it will come some day/year. so for now, tomb raider for me.

Sad it's not on here(why aren't official escapist content threads allowed more poll options anyway), but Metro Last Light. That or maybe Watch Dogs, though that's also not on here.
Guess I'll vote for the Last Guardian, mainly because it's the only game on here I am actively looking forward to.

TheSniperFan:

it's not alone it has The Freeman to comfort it.

Metalrocks:
half life 3 should be on that list. it will come some day/year. so for now, tomb raider for me.

keep hoping, and maybe it will come true, like Blizzard putting out actual release expectations again.

half life 3 is the only gaming regret I would have if the world was ending... Wait maybe that's what Newell is planning? An actual gordon freeman saves us IRL from the end of the world!

I wish there was an other option. I'm not looking forward to any of the aforementioned titles. The only games I am really looking forward to are the 'old school' kick starter games such as double fine adventure, wasteland 2 and project eternity.

I didn't miss the irony when I picked The Last of Us. I would much rather have my Apocalypse simulated.

Aliens: Colonial Marines. Too bad it is not on the list. Hence, no vote from me. (Would it be hard to add the option "Other, please state in the comments" afterwards?)

Bindal:
Aliens: Colonial Marines. Too bad it is not on the list. Hence, no vote from me. (Would it be hard to add the option "Other, please state in the comments" afterwards?)

Agreed. The only game I'm really looking forward to is Colonial Marines so I guess I'll just have this comment be my vote.

None of the Above.

Dwarf Fortress' official release. =D

TheSniperFan:

what if
Valve releases Half Life 3 as a surprise tomorrow and it's the reason why the world ends?

that sounded better in my head tbh

Out of the list, Bioshock Infinite, although there are others like Watch Dogs and Remember Me that I would regret more.

If you ask me.

I would like Naughty Dog to release Jake & Daxter 4. :D
If not I'll roll with the new GTAV.

I want my Kingdom Hearts 3 or the HD reMix planned for next year dammit! Or Megaman Legends 3!
Well if I have to choose one from the list then I'll go with Bioshock Infinite since all the other games on that list are from genre that I either don't like or are games I honestly wouldn't buy.

Metalrocks:

Wouldn't mind adding System Shock 3 either :)

Shadowrun Returns. I'd like my last experience of gaming is seeing that series return to glory.

The Last of Us is definitely the game i'm looking forward to most, but i think i would prefer not to miss out on GTA V. And besides, if the world does end, but not quite, then i may be able to experience some The Last of Us kinda stuff anyway... I could live with that.

EDIT: Though I'd be most disapointed in missing out on Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, but alas, thats not part of the list.

I'm thinking that The Last of Us could have some good pointers...but then again there's always the fun of GTA V.

Having said that, day-to-day life after the end will probably involve random acts of violence, so I'll go with Bioshock: Infinite for some escapism.

Thirded for Last light.

Out of that list... Bioshock Infinite

But id rather have Metro: Last light

DVS BSTrD:
Man If I had realized Last of Us was right below it, I wouldn't have been so quick to pick Bioshock =/

THANK GOD!

you are back!

everytime someone made a bad pun, people were derping out saying "herp derp derp derp derp herp your pun is nice but you are no DVS BSTrD herpiderp" or "you are no DVS BSTrD *continous fart noises*"

come to think about it..
the power will be mine!

anyways, i'd take last of us since it seems fitting for the general theme of these days.

sadly i am not willing to buy one gaming shoebox now and i will have to take tomb raider or bioshock infinite.

*insert clever joke about experiencing the The Last of Us here*
Anyway, I am saddened that you did not include Aliens: Colonial Marines or Metro Last Light. I'm really excited for those two.
From this list, I'd have to pick Bioshock Infinite. However, due to the amount of delays, it might be pushed to the next apocalypse.

In that list it is a toss between Dead Space 3 and Last of Us. Everything I have seen so far interests me greatly.

I see a serious lack of Watch Dogs on this poll.

Out of that list I'd pick The last of Us I guess.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here