Uncharted 3 Joins in the Holiday Festivities with Free Bonuses

Uncharted 3 Joins in the Holiday Festivities with Free Bonuses

Naughty Dog adds some seasonal goodies for a limited time.

If you just can't pick what game to spend time with over the upcoming long weekend, Naughty Dog is doing its best to lure you back to Uncharted 3. The title's multiplayer component currently has some festive free goodies enabled, but only until January 8, 2013.

The holiday flair includes some new costume items such as an elf and candy cane t-shirt, and a new "Present Head" hat that turns your character's dome into a neatly-wrapped package.

But it's not all about seasonal items this time around; A new "Block Mesh Lab" map has been added to the playlist. The map - which was designed by former Naughty Dog employee, now USC professor Richard Lemarchand - consists of a completely untextured landscape, offering a nice behind-the-scenes feel to the combat.

Source: Naughty Dog

This is nice and all but does anyone really play Uncharted for the multiplayer?
I just kinda ignored it and played the story so I don't even know if it'ss any good.

Shinsei-J:
I just kinda ignored it and played the story so I don't even know if it'ss any good.

Apparently, it's quite decent. Haven't played it myself (no PS3 and hence, no Uncharted 3), but at least it seems okay.

I never really saw a point in the tagged on multiplayer, nor did I find it interesting, but this is free and is not harming anyone, so good on them, and good for the people who like it.

I guess you could say, when it comes to this game, that no one made the "Naughty (Dog) list" this year.

...I'll show myself out now.

Bindal:
Apparently, it's quite decent. Haven't played it myself (no PS3 and hence, no Uncharted 3), but at least it seems okay.

hmm, might have to check it out then.

Nihlus2:
...I'll show myself out now.

...Please do, hastily.

I'm not sure why gimmicks like hats, costumes, and funny map designs bring people back to the MP component of a game. Personally, I find them ridiculous and won't lure me into anything. Might have for a bit more XP, seeing as I have barely played any of their MP after one match in Uncharted 2, but maybe next year...

Shinsei-J:

I played the beta, and it was fun, I guess. Quite competent, but pretty forgettable (not unlike the single player, come to think of it.)

I've heard that it's pretty hard to get into, though, what with everyone who's still playing it being experts by now.

I have to say, I kind of like the minimalist look. It's like the Matrix needed to take down the texture cache for maintenance or something.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here