The War Z Controversy Depresses DayZ Creator

Pages PREV 1 2

TAGM:

rhizhim:

if he cant handle to work in a industry with people who constantly shaft, outright lie to their customers and steal others ideas constantly(example: Zynga), than i have very bad news for him..

again, he shouldn't had comented on the War z debacle. WHY?

because he is unintentionally steering things up further into chaos.

if he has health issues he should had said "guys i have some health issues that interfere with the developement of the stand alone version of my game. Please be understandable" or "people, we are facing some unexpected problems and we have to announce that we need more time than expected"

this way he would "act as a gentlemen" and be discreet

but now he has (unwittingly) made hammerpoint interactive some sort of scapegoat by shifting the problem to them.

now people will see that they wont see any updates for their game, not because dean and his team need more time or because dean has health issues but because hammerpoint fucked it up to eleven.

and this whole situation will last longer than it should.

You have a point there - commenting on it does keep it going.
but the thing is, the fans were already bringing it up - this was a comment in response to people asking about War Z. As he said, he was depressed by the whole situation, and it was pretty much being dumped on his doorstep. That, and health issues, and everything else, adds up to a very busy mind.
I'm not saying it wouldn't have been more gentlemanly to just be discreet about it. What I am going to say, though, is that to expect that sort of response from nearly anyone in this situation seems just a touch too far-fetched.
P.S. thanks for putting the main points in bold, but I don't think it's 100% necessary - I'm totally ready to read all of the comment, instead of using the "tldr" cop out. (Thinking about it, it's sort of a pot and kettle situation on that front...)

i put my main point in bold since i was pretty pissed that a lot of people started to accuse me to sympathise with Sergey Titov, even when i didnt write anything of that sort in my statements.

but thank god for you(!)
finally someone gets what i am trying to say.

rhizhim:

i put my main point in bold since i was pretty pissed that a lot of people started to accuse me to sympathise with Sergey Titov, even when i didnt write anything of that sort in my statements.

but thank god for you(!)
finally someone gets what i am trying to say.

Well, I didn't really see any sort of mention of anything to do with Sergey Titov myself, just the scandal surrounding the game. But, you know how it is - sometimes, we forget that issues aren't all black and white, and we end up making false dichotomies.

Anyway, I get your point now, but your original point seemed to be more along the lines of "this is a terrible excuse" then "this isn't the best way to go about it." The first I had an issue with, the second not so much.

Still, glad I could help you feel a bit better, at least. :3

rhizhim:
thats bullshit.

what does the competitor of day z, war z, have to do with day z developement?

its just a stupid excuse to anounce that it may take even more for them to release a standalone version of the game.
even though he asked for more time and the playerbase gave them their blessing.

imagine i would pull that off.

"i cant come to work since a employee of our competitor in new zealand broke his shinbone and i can only work if i hear that he feels better or can walk again."

"you're fired!"

"whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

It's because a lot of people have gotten them mixed up, he's probably trying to avoid more confusion and being caught up in the WarZ crap. Thank the WarZ con artists for that.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here