Rockstar Drops a Handful of New GTA V Screens

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Rockstar Drops a Handful of New GTA V Screens

Rockstar is in a teasing mood this holiday season.

Ok, we get it: You just got a stack of new games at your annual holiday celebration, and the idea of an epic, open-world title lurking over the horizon is just plain scary. Well, it seems Rockstar doesn't care about your plight, because the company has unveiled a few more tantalizing glimpses into the world of Grand Theft Auto V.

As you can see from the new screenshots, theres plenty to do in the newly updated world of Los Santos, including swimming with sharks, flying fighter jets, and cruising the boulevard with man's best friend. As you might expect, it all looks pretty fantastic at this point, but doesn't it always? Of course, that's before you're accidentally driving your motorcycle off the side of a cliff or being shot at by disgruntled drug dealers.

Source: Rockstar

That...that's a submarine...

THAT'S A FUCKING SUBMARINE GUYS!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I really hope this game can live up to the hype and legacy of San Andreas. God I still remember how much fun you could have in that game just screwing around, I once spent an hour attempting to load a Stolen tank onto a flatbed railcar in Las Venturas just to see if I could get a tank to Grove Street without cheats or getting a wanted level on the road

Froggy Slayer:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Are those black tanks on the side just random tanks?

Because my mind would be blown to space if that sub had torpedoes.

Froggy Slayer:

Good god your right...

Please let this game be awesomely fun.

I wonder if in image four him and the dog are off bowling...

Sea creature! Look at it! It's so majestic!

Now while this is all good and well, the important question is;

Will there be a pc version?

I know they were thinking bout it, and there was a petition, but thats bout it.

If it is the case that this is already confirmed / denied i missed it, oops.

Longstreet:

No idea if they are going to release it on PC, but those screencaps HAVE to be from a PC.

Already pre-ordered this on gamestop. Just waiting for special/limited/collectors editions. I'll buy the most expensive one.

I am kinda a rockstar fangirl. <.<

FelixG:

Longstreet:

No idea if they are going to release it on PC, but those screencaps HAVE to be from a PC.

I was kinda thinking the same thing, except in my head I said "The final product wont look like that".

FelixG:
those screencaps HAVE to be from a PC.

I thought that too... looking way too polished to be from a current gen console build.

I'm not very excited to be honest. Saints Row has converted me to the idea that open world games are at their best when the setting lets you know it's okay to have fun. All this stuff looks too real, when everything looks so beautiful and real I have to combat my mind and tell myself it's a game and this realistic person is okay to run over. When in Saints Row everything is cartoony and you steal cars by jumping through the windshield, the art design is saying this is a hyper over the top world and I should be acting hyper and over the top in it. Gameplay and art combined, whereas in GTA IV the gameplay and art and story were all fighting each other

Waaghpowa:

FelixG:

Longstreet:

I was kinda thinking the same thing, except in my head I said "The final product wont look like that".

Ain't that the logic of developers these days? create something good looking on the pc, take screen caps and post them. After that they fuck the pc community over by pressing the delete button and releasing it for consoles only or create 1 version (console compatible of course) in which they only have to change the key mapping to release it on everything.

MrPeanut:

Froggy Slayer:

Those tanks are probably just crammed with freshly imported Colombian mystery powder - but still: SUBMARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!

Man, the color palette is really improved over GTA 4.

Also, pet dog. Also, Diving, Submarining, Aquatic Creatures.

Yes.

Please release this on PC ... You didn't release Red Dead on PC you schmucks.

If dogs are in the game please tell me they can't die, I'd be horrified if they could be killed.

Also submarines? YAY, finally, wanted one in San Andreas and now we have one.

Froggy Slayer:

We'll sink their submarines..... and their whales....

Three step Guide to sandbox success:

1. Tanks
2. Planes
3. Submarines

I don't see any tanks so I'm still skeptical.

Notsomuch:
Three step Guide to sandbox success:

1. Tanks
2. Planes
3. Submarines

I don't see any tanks so I'm still skeptical.

You forgot one thing: Jetpacks. :-D

OT- This looks nice. Now can we get a gameplay video, Rockstar? We want to see if the game is pure fun, unlike GTA IV.

I blame Saints Row and the other GTA games besides 3, Vice City and San Andreas for making me not be as interested about this game as I should be.

I really wanna like this game. I played GTAIV and I hated it. But I still want a game to be just as awesome, or more than San Andreas.

I'll keep my eye on this one but I dunno. Color me doubtful.

Sold on the submarine there - even if it just a one off for a mission, it would be insanely cool to be able to cruise around in a submarine. Those screens are really good looking - as people have said, can't imagine that being from the current gen consoles really. Unless Rockstar are planning to wind up this console generation by having all our consoles expire uner the strain of running GTA V.

FelixG:

Longstreet:

Yeah. A console is just simply unable to get THAT level of graphical quality! (Unless they have one which has not been released yet and even then it still probably won't be able to!)

MrPeanut:

Froggy Slayer:

They'd be the Ballast tanks. Used to make the submarine sink by filling them with water or float by filling them with air

Akexi:

Froggy Slayer:

We'll sink their submarines..... and their whales....

Nappa approves of your plan to sink their whales.

That fighter jet is what happens when an F-16 and an F-18 love each other very much.

Can't wait this is gonig to be great :)

It's hard for me to get excited for this, until they confirm it on pc i can't really be if i'm honest.

...I do like the fact aircraft are back and sub...every man needs a sub in his life.

Submarines and blimps. Sold.

If this was a heavily modified Cry Engine 3, I would run out and buy it day one. I'm going to wait to see how clunky the controls are this time around.

I can't wait for this! Wonder how the submarines are gonna work.

Hope it is more ridiculous than IV, let's go back to the outrageous-ness of San Andreas but you are still willing to hold your suspension of disbelief at some of the crazy stuff that happened in that game.

FelixG:

Longstreet:

The vast majority of the development and rendering is done on PC/Mac so it would stand to reason that these screenshots were capped from that. The dev consoles are used to test the code for bugs and such. So yes these are almost certainly going to be high resolution renders from a PC or Mac.

FelixG:

Beaten to the punch. It always mystifies me how they can achieve such graphical fidelity while remaining playable on a "PC" devkit yet they somehow cannot get a decent PC port when that is the very thing it was manufactured on. Do they first port it to the console before taking the console build which is already inferior to the original build and then releasing it as a buggy port on the PC?

A one man submersible looks fun, possible deep sea treasure hunting?

I hope there is a PC launch of the game, that isn't a crappy port like 4 was.

Waaghpowa:

The final product never looks like that

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or